PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster merlin X4 Engine Sounds

Devildog73
September 18th, 2009, 18:16
Has anyone done a sound package for the Lancaster? From what I read it had 4 Merlin engines. When I searched our database I could not find any multi-engine Merlins. When I search the web, nothing pops up for CFS2.

Rami
September 18th, 2009, 18:29
Devildog73,

Check out this thread, look at page 2: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=22689

Some other engines might be of interest you. If this is not satisfactory, I might be able to help.

Devildog73
September 18th, 2009, 19:29
I was kind of hoping that Lawdog or Obio would take the Merlins they have and work up a four engine config for it. I may try my hand at taking one of their Merlin configs and seeing how they write the sound.cfg for four engines..........:isadizzy::pop4:

OBIO
September 18th, 2009, 20:07
By 2:00 AM, I will have a config file uploaded to turn Lawdog's Merlin pack into a 4 engine Lancaster package.

OBIO

OBIO
September 18th, 2009, 20:57
The Lancaster sound pack is being uploaded now. It is a complete sound pack, based on Lawdog's Merlin Spit package. I am in the middle of revamping all of my sim installs....a total mess right now....and I don't have a Lancaster installed at all. I used the Alpha B-24 in FS2004 to test the sound pack....and really can not say how well it sounds as the speaker system that I have hooked in to my PC at the moment really suck! They have all the sound quality of a 40 year old transistor radio. My 5.1 channel system is now in the living room as part of our "living space reclamation project"...getting rid of big things and replacing them with small things that do the same job.

OBIO

Rami
September 18th, 2009, 21:01
Obio,

If it's not too late for a recommendation, the sound pack for the Mosquito would be the most appropriate. Bruno's Mossie was a Mk. II, which would have used Merlins that had the approximate power of the ones that powered the Lanc. I think the Lanc mainly used Merlin 20/22/24-series engines. The Hurricane pack wouldn't be a terrible choice, either.

Ah well...I'm too late. The one you chose is just dandy. Good work! :applause:

OBIO
September 18th, 2009, 21:47
I can do a second version using either the Mossie pack or the Hurricane pack....you pick the motor and I'll whip up the required sound config.

OBIO

Rami
September 19th, 2009, 03:22
Obio,

Don't bother. It's just fine the way it is.

Fibber
September 19th, 2009, 15:30
Wasn't there a Lancaster sound made by a Mclelland for FS2002? There also was a Lancaster sound file for FS2004 that, I guess, would need conversion.

Devildog73
September 19th, 2009, 16:05
Thanks Obio. I really appreciate it.

I just finished with a total re-install my own self.

I installed a new HD on each of my systems and duo boot to XP and Vista now on completely separate physical HDs.

I have a nephew that is in computers for a living and he recommends formatting about once every two years just to get all of the crude out of the systems. I backed up everything on an external seagate before I went down that road, but everything is running really, REALLY well right now. The only problems I have encountered are files in SOH downloads that are missing or corrupted.

In my PNG installs I am missing damaged buildings and wf files along with a 12d1 something. I think they are wolfi's objects that I will have to await the database rebuilding. Oh well, the Bong first mission is 99% complete and moving to the second. I am bouncing back and forth with some Brit Lanc night missions over Germany also. That is why I wanted the real meal deal with the sounds.

:ernae: