PDA

View Full Version : Skype

Chacha
September 18th, 2009, 16:57
I just got this Skype last night. :ernae:

I have not tried it yet,

Anyone has one? And how does it deliver?

Tako_Kichi
September 18th, 2009, 17:27
I have been using it for a few years now and love it. Great for voice (in fact it is my primary comms tool in FSX MP) as well as typed conversations and file transfers between friends.

Chacha
September 18th, 2009, 18:15
I have been using YM!

I don't have any problem with it, till I need to transfer huge files, and it will quit on me...

It's free...

Thanks Tako_Kichi

N2056
September 18th, 2009, 19:37
I have Skype, and while I do not really actively use it currently it has worked well for me when I do. I have used it for keyboard chat, voice, and video.

I note that you are now "on the SOH payroll"...congratulations on that! :jump:

Chacha
September 18th, 2009, 19:48
Thanks Robert!

I always make sure that there is a fresh flower at the main entrance, the ashtrays cleaned, and the garbage sent out. The bills paid, and that there is always cookies at 3pm.... :icon_lol:

N2056
September 18th, 2009, 19:56
Yummm....Cookies!

mariereid
September 19th, 2009, 02:32
Chacha; Dirtman, got me started on this Skype thing a couple of days ago. He says you can send hugh files with it. Man, a couple of years ago, I swore I would never use a computer. Now, I'm turning into some kind of super geek! I'm an old fashioned kind of guy. Seeing and talking to a person on a pc screen? Well, it beats typing.I have to go get a mike and headphones, not ready to reveal myself to the world with a camera yet!

hey_moe
September 19th, 2009, 02:57
LOL...Rick...I brought two of them web cams and should have them Monday if all goes well. I went with two of those Logitech LOQ9000 Quick Cam Pro. One for Linda and I and one you the grandkids. I hope all goes well. It should be nice to see them as we yak...Mike

mariereid
September 19th, 2009, 04:36
I gotta say great sound and video. I think for the average person, you would never have to make a long distant call, again, and you get to see the person you are talking with. But, I suppose people have been doing this for years and I'm just learning about it now!:sleep:

Chacha
September 19th, 2009, 07:53
Chacha; Dirtman, got me started on this Skype thing a couple of days ago. He says you can send hugh files with it. Man, a couple of years ago, I swore I would never use a computer. Now, I'm turning into some kind of super geek! I'm an old fashioned kind of guy. Seeing and talking to a person on a pc screen? Well, it beats typing.I have to go get a mike and headphones, not ready to reveal myself to the world with a camera yet!

I was converted to being a skyper, when my sister introduced me to it, I was hesitant at first, but yes, you can send huge files, fast, and the videocam, I was able to see my dear sister and nephews, my camera is attached to my computer (i was blessed to own a 20" iMac), and my camera is crisp and clear!

I was talking to a friend last night, I thought the camera turns on by itself, I am not ready to reveal myself on a computer screen either, I wasn't dress for the occasion!

LOL...Rick...I brought two of them web cams and should have them Monday if all goes well. I went with two of those Logitech LOQ9000 Quick Cam Pro. One for Linda and I and one you the grandkids. I hope all goes well. I should be nice to see them as we yak...Mike

Well, you can see how it really works, Mike. You will be amazed on how Skype delivers! Now I have a spike on my phone too.

Skype.......................$000.00
Pair of video cams .....$120.00
See the grandkids ......Priceless

:engel016: :engel016: :engel016: :engel016:

Collin
September 19th, 2009, 10:24
Chacha, please be aware that if you have more than two on and get into a "conference", then the video link is lost and only audio is available.

Large files are best sent and received when there is only two of you on, when in a conference, and a jpg is being sent out to all, then skype tends to send in a particular order.

regards Collin:ernae:

Chacha
September 19th, 2009, 12:00
Chacha, please be aware that if you have more than two on and get into a "conference", then the video link is lost and only audio is available.

Large files are best sent and received when there is only two of you on, when in a conference, and a jpg is being sent out to all, then skype tends to send in a particular order.

regards Collin:ernae:

Thanks for the heads up Collins.... I may not do conference call on a webcam, I might still be on my PJs... but good to know I can conference call....

the audio is amazingly crisp clear..

Shadow Wolf 07
September 20th, 2009, 10:49
Just tried it last night with marieried... works just fine.