PDA

View Full Version : Golden Oldies. Another one that works great in FSX!!!

expat
September 17th, 2009, 12:59
.. and this one was made for FS2002!!!

Probably one of the nicest piston twins - very immersive - to fly in FSX.
AND, look at how the VC ports over . .

Henry
September 17th, 2009, 13:04
kool what is it?
H

Matt Wynn
September 17th, 2009, 13:07
cessna 310 by the looks of it :kilroy:

Sascha66
September 17th, 2009, 13:32
Is that the one by Rey Lopez?

S.

spotlope
September 17th, 2009, 13:49
That looks like Dreamfleet's 310, yes?

expat
September 17th, 2009, 14:47
Yes, it's the Dreamfleet/Flight One Cessna 310 . .

falcon409
September 17th, 2009, 14:51
Yes, it's the Dreamfleet/Flight One Cessna 310 . .
I had heard that there major problem with that airplane in FSX so I never tried it. Man I love that airplane. . . .time to head into the attic (that being my brain) and figure out where I hid that one, lol.

thunder100
September 17th, 2009, 23:39
Hi

There are NO problems whatsoever in FSX

Some of the repaints have wrong Alpha

Just be sure io install correct and still it is necessary by the copy protection that the gauges are in the gauges folder(not in the panel folder)

Apart this no deal

FPS not so bad

Roland

Thoe6969
September 18th, 2009, 09:20
This thread has prompted me to try this one.I still had the fs9 installer on my hard drive,installed and got both updates from Dreamfleets web site and she works great in fsx. Anyone know of any proper format paints?Might add I'm using sp2.

Lateral-G
September 18th, 2009, 09:43
Very cool.

I tried to port it previously in the original release of FSX and it was no joy.

Perhaps SP2/accel fixed it?

I will have to try again....

-G-

Helldiver
September 18th, 2009, 09:45
I have a Flight One Cessna 310 on a CD. Is that the same one?

spotlope
September 18th, 2009, 10:00
I have a Flight One Cessna 310 on a CD. Is that the same one?

Yep, that's the only 310 F1 ever did, I believe.

Bjoern
September 18th, 2009, 10:17
(In case you didn't know: Brett Henderson and Alejandro Rojas also did a FSX SP2 native one. :kilroy:)

expat
September 18th, 2009, 10:45
Well, now thanks for reminding me. That one is made for FSX and was made very well. Really a matter of personal taste, but I prefer the looks of the earlier classic models of the 310 to the later ones with the longer nose and rear overhead window.

A few pics. The Skyking (Song Bird - last version) has the straighter tip tanks but the swept tail. The earlier ones have the straight tail (cool too - wish someone did this!). I do think the model DF did - the 310L - with the short nose, swept tail and dihedral-ed tip tanks is the Dogs Bollocks ..

harleyman
September 18th, 2009, 11:24
Sky King to the rescue !

Love that paint....:ernae:

kjb
September 18th, 2009, 11:36
Speaking of Sky King...every episode is available online here (http://www.americanflyers.net/entertainment/skyking.asp).

Lateral-G
September 18th, 2009, 15:08
I tried porting it over and this was the result:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/c310problem.jpg

How do I get the missing textures to show?

-G-

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 15:11
I don't use this aircraft mate, but you checked the Texture.cfg files in the texture folders they might be pointing to the wrong ones?

Lateral-G
September 18th, 2009, 15:43
I don't use this aircraft mate, but you checked the Texture.cfg files in the texture folders they might be pointing to the wrong ones?

there are only 4 files in each texture folder.....

df310_fuse1_t
df310_parts_t
df310_wingl_t
df310_wingr_t

there is no texture.cfg file since these were never FSX files and if there are shared texture files I have no idea where they might be.....

-G-

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 16:54
Is there a main texture folder though mate? if so you may need to copy the files from that to each folder or to save memory mafe a texture.cfg file that relates back to the one with all the .bmps needed for ya aircraft .... sorry I can't seem to get my words out as I've been to the pub but does at least one texture work for ya... I know ya an sp2/Accel user so please pm me, I'll install this bird and let ya know what I made of it later tomorrow

Lateral-G
September 18th, 2009, 17:16
Is there a main texture folder though mate? if so you may need to copy the files from that to each folder or to save memory mafe a texture.cfg file that relates back to the one with all the .bmps needed for ya aircraft .... sorry I can't seem to get my words out as I've been to the pub but does at least one texture work for ya... I know ya an sp2/Accel user so please pm me, I'll install this bird and let ya know what I made of it later tomorrow

All the texture folders have the same four files. From what I can see there are no shared textures in them. The only thing I can think of is that they are somehow part of the model itself.

I've looked thru all my FS9 files but can't find any interior textures...

-G-

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 17:25
Damn same here mate, I'm stuck sorry mate we need to ask these guys who have got it working although looking at it they may not be sp2/accel users!

Helldiver
September 18th, 2009, 17:26
I got the same darn results as Lateral. Who ever ported it over and it works, must be enchanted...

peter12213
September 18th, 2009, 18:22
Rgr that mate!

Naki
September 18th, 2009, 20:21
I have this too and keen to give it a go..maybe the FS9 update needs to be included (available from the Dreamfleet site) before instaling it in FSX?

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 20:56
I'm also wondering how this ever ported to FSX as was mentioned at the beginning. This is what I get:

Naki
September 18th, 2009, 21:23
I tried porting it over and this was the result:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/c310problem.jpg

How do I get the missing textures to show?

-G-

I get the same result as well. Im running FSX SP1 and Acceleration.

Falcon..did you install from disc or copy over from a FS9 install?

If its from your FS9 install did you copy the gauges from the FS9 gauges folder to your FSX gauges folder as Ive got all (bar one) gauges running just that its minus all interior textures?

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 21:28
I tried installing to the FSX folder but it wouldn't so I installed to FS9 and moved the files over. I used the F1 Installer, plus the updates.

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 21:50
I got the same darn results as Lateral. Who ever ported it over and it works, must be enchanted...
Yep, roger that Helldiver. I'd love to have this to fly, but I was pretty sure it had major problems and this confirms it. Not sure how expat got this working, but it's not a "one size fits all" installation apparently.
Think I'll go look for the other true FSX version and see if it's worth messing with.

falcon409
September 18th, 2009, 22:14
Ok, quick update. . .I ran a search for both authors of the FSX version mentioned here in both Avsim and flightsim.com and found no mention of a 310. I did find one Cessna 310 by Mr. Reyes that was originally a 2002 model and had an update to make it work in FSX. File size was 1.4meg so that should tell you something about the simplicity of the model, lol.

expat
September 19th, 2009, 01:16
Let me please apologize to all who are having difficulties and frustration. I should have explained better how I did this but it was back in March and I had to go search for the instructions I think I used.

See if this helps: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=22038&KW

Don't give up!

expat

Lateral-G
September 19th, 2009, 04:48
I get the same result as well. Im running FSX SP1 and Acceleration.

Falcon..did you install from disc or copy over from a FS9 install?

If its from your FS9 install did you copy the gauges from the FS9 gauges folder to your FSX gauges folder as Ive got all (bar one) gauges running just that its minus all interior textures?

I could not get the installer to work because I can't remember or don't have the credit card I used to buy it with back in the day and you need that for the last 4 digits since that's the passcode needed to install.

I just copied the files from FS9 and put them in the associated folders in FSX.

-G-

Lateral-G
September 19th, 2009, 04:52
Let me please apologize to all who are having difficulties and frustration. I should have explained better how I did this but it was back in March and I had to go search for the instructions I think I used.

See if this helps: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=22038&KW

Don't give up!

expat

expat,

can you provide a list of the files that need to go in the texture folder?

I can't use the installer because of the above mentioned problem I have. If I know the file names then possibly I can find them in FS9 and move them over.

Right now there are only four files in each texture folder....

thanks,

-G-

falcon409
September 19th, 2009, 05:14
Yea, I was more than a bit surprised when I saw this post. I knew there had been a lot of discussion about this airplane not working in FSX. Currently, my problem is the VC. Nothing is clickable, there are no sounds for the VC including simple ones like the door opening. None of the gauges for the pilot panel are showing up despite the fact that in FSPanel Studio they appear to be loaded.

I assume that there is a sound dll file that has a lot to do with this and I have copied from the FS9 folder any sound/gaugesound dll I could find but no joy.

For those who haven't found them, there are 24 or 25 textures that must reside in the main FSX texture folder as well. Since the Installer will not accept any other installation path besides FS9 I don't see how anyone can say they just redirected the installation to FSX. I tried that and it would not allow it.

Note: LateralG, the textures are in the FS9 main texture folder and all are df310 textures. They're all together, just find that grouping and highlite and cut and past in to the FSX main texture folder.

bushpilot
September 19th, 2009, 05:21
Ok I tried it and it works great. No graphical issues. But I have not flown this for years and I'm wondering if the flight model needs tweaking for FSX. It's just so unsteady to fly...

I gotta say that the VC has aged well. It still looks outstanding.

falcon409
September 19th, 2009, 05:40
Ok I tried it and it works great. No graphical issues. But I have not flown this for years and I'm wondering if the flight model needs tweaking for FSX. It's just so unsteady to fly...

I gotta say that the VC has aged well. It still looks outstanding.
I'm happy for you. Please explain how you installed with no problems while most of us are about 30 seconds away from trashing it.:isadizzy:

Lateral-G
September 19th, 2009, 07:54
Yea, I was more than a bit surprised when I saw this post. I knew there had been a lot of discussion about this airplane not working in FSX. Currently, my problem is the VC. Nothing is clickable, there are no sounds for the VC including simple ones like the door opening. None of the gauges for the pilot panel are showing up despite the fact that in FSPanel Studio they appear to be loaded.

I assume that there is a sound dll file that has a lot to do with this and I have copied from the FS9 folder any sound/gaugesound dll I could find but no joy.

For those who haven't found them, there are 24 or 25 textures that must reside in the main FSX texture folder as well. Since the Installer will not accept any other installation path besides FS9 I don't see how anyone can say they just redirected the installation to FSX. I tried that and it would not allow it.

Note: LateralG, the textures are in the FS9 main texture folder and all are df310 textures. They're all together, just find that grouping and highlite and cut and past in to the FSX main texture folder.

Thanks Falcon! Your tip on where the missing texture files resided worked. I copied those files to the main texture folders for each paint and !viola! it worked:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/c310fixedoutside1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/c310fixedvc.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/c310fixedoutside2.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/Screenies/c310fixedoutside3.jpg

I don't have an a/s indicator but I will try to fix that later. The prop/clouds issue is there but that's a model deal due to SP2/Accell...I can live with that. The switches ARE clickable in my VC. I don't know why they are and Falcon's are not unless I already have the needed files from other ports I have made from FS9 and the needed files are already in FSX. Sorry I can't be more help there....

All I did was copy the original files from their respective locations in FS9 and put the C310 gauges in the FSX gauge folder and the main aircraft folder in the FSX simobjects/aircraft folder.

Also FWIW, I had previously updated my FS9 version with the fix from Dream Fleet (exe file; FS2004_Update_C310). I think for those of you that haven't done this previously for the FS9 version will need to do so prior to porting over to FSX.

I hope this helps the rest of you to get the DF C310 to work in FSX.

-G-

bushpilot
September 19th, 2009, 08:04
I'm happy for you. Please explain how you installed with no problems while most of us are about 30 seconds away from trashing it.:isadizzy:

Actually I did nothing special. I installed it to dummy sf2002 folder and copied everything to FSX folder accordingly. Works right off the bat.

Thoe6969
September 19th, 2009, 09:49
Actually I did nothing special. I installed it to dummy sf2002 folder and copied everything to FSX folder accordingly. Works right off the bat. Yep same thing I did,only I still had the installer on my hard drive,and sent it to my FSX path where it added an 2002 folder ,that I just put the contents out of into my sim objects airplane folder,and downloaded the two updates from the Dreamfleet site,and yes as I stated in an earlyer post I have sp2 also.

bushpilot
September 19th, 2009, 10:03
downloaded the two updates from the Dreamfleet site,and yes as I stated in an earlyer post I have sp2 also.

I'm gonna try the updates if they do any good with the flight model.:mixedsmi: And SP2 here also.

falcon409
September 19th, 2009, 10:54
All I can say is that either you guys had something already resident in your files from previous portovers that allowed this to work right off the bat, or there's some little something you've forgotten about that you did to make it all come together. After three separate installation attempts, this is what I have. . . .an aircraft with no gauges on the pilot side, nothing clickable, no sounds.

bushpilot
September 19th, 2009, 10:57
I actually did it on fresh FSX install, so there cannot be any additional files on my system. Could it be .lic file issue? Check C: drive there should be a folder called Flight One Software and inside it should be .lic file.

falcon409
September 19th, 2009, 11:49
I actually did it on fresh FSX install, so there cannot be any additional files on my system. Could it be .lic file issue? Check C: drive there should be a folder called Flight One Software and inside it should be .lic file.
I wouldn't be able to install without the license. I think this one's history. I have too many other airplanes to fly without trying to figure out the magic key to this. Glad it works for you guys, but it's outta here for me.

gatlin7
September 19th, 2009, 12:42
As I recall, the .lic file has to be in a specific place for the guages to show, but unfortunately I don't remember where that location is. I'm tempted to try this in FSX (I normally hate portovers). This was one of my first payware purchases and is still one of my all-time favorite add-ons.

falcon409
September 19th, 2009, 20:05
(In case you didn't know: Brett Henderson and Alejandro Rojas also did a FSX SP2 native one. :kilroy:)
Bjoern,
Doesn't look like I'm going to get the Dreamfleet 310 to work on my system, so where can this one be found? I did a search last night on Flightsim.com and Avsim and it didn't show on either site.

expat
September 20th, 2009, 00:11
Falcon, try here: http://www.simviation.com/fsnd/Downloads.htm

Regards

expat

Boomer
September 20th, 2009, 01:13
I wouldn't be able to install without the license. I think this one's history.

Ed, If you go to the Flight1 website you can request the Proof of Purchases & passwords. All you need is to have access to the email address you bought it with.

I am redownloading this now. I also had problems with it as a port & thought I would try it again.

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 05:11
Falcon, try here: http://www.simviation.com/fsnd/Downloads.htm Regards
expat
Ah, no wonder it didn't show in the normal searches. I bookmarked that site. Some nice looking work there. Thanks expat.

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 05:16
Ed, If you go to the Flight1 website you can request the Proof of Purchases & passwords. All you need is to have access to the email address you bought it with.
I am redownloading this now. I also had problems with it as a port & thought I would try it again.
Hi Boomer, that quote was meant to let the previous post know that had I not had the lic the installer would not have worked (which it did). I have all the required files (Proof of Purchase, License, key file, etc), they're all in the same folder, never moved. I downloaded the most recent installer from Flight1 and the result is that despite what everyone is boasting. . .it does not work. There is something they are doing, or have done that is not in the directions they're passing along, lol. . . .one little itsy bitsy click of the mouse that they forgot, lol.

bushpilot
September 20th, 2009, 05:20
There is something they are doing, or have done that is not in the directions they're passing along

Believe me, I did nothing extra, just installed the thing to dummy dir and then copied the files to FSX.

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 05:43
Believe me, I did nothing extra, just installed the thing to dummy dir and then copied the files to FSX.
Ok, then what OS are you using? I'm using Windows7 and something that just hit me as I was going through every folder that has anything to do with this airplane is that the Lic file icon doesn't look like I remember it. The icon is blank and I'm wondering if windows7 has changed the appearance of that file in a way that even though it's where it's supposed to be, the Cessna 310 doesn't see it and so shuts down all the areas I have a problem with?

A long shot I know, but it has become increasingly irritating that everyone seems to be just peachy with this airplane and I can't get it to work, no matter what I do.

Reddog
September 20th, 2009, 07:56
Well I got everything to work except the gauges so I replaced them and all is fine now:bump:

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 08:51
Well I got everything to work except the gauges so I replaced them and all is fine now
Yep, well. . .I'm real happy for ya reddog, lol. I'm putting this on the side burner for a while until I get someone who can shed some light on my problem. In the meantime, I'm going with the 310 that I downloaded with expat's link back up a few posts. Not as detailed as the DF version, but with some mods, I'm getting it closer.

bushpilot
September 20th, 2009, 09:35
Ok, then what OS are you using? .

I'm still running my trusty old XP. And the installer file is the one from the original release, because it ask fs2002 path when installing. So it's not the one updated for FS2004.

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 09:51
I'm still running my trusty old XP. And the installer file is the one from the original release, because it ask fs2002 path when installing. So it's not the one updated for FS2004.
Well, that's the one I'm using as well and I downloaded it yesterday from Flight1, so I assumed it was the most recent. I wonder, if it's not available from Flight1, where would you download a newer version? Maybe that's how some folks got it to install to FSX, cause if you use the one that defaults to FS2002, it "will not" allow you to go to FSX. Curious!!

Reddog
September 20th, 2009, 11:11
Tried that other one and not having SP2 installed itwas a ghost airplane in the out side view.

falcon409
September 20th, 2009, 11:42
Tried that other one and not having SP2 installed it was a ghost airplane in the outside view.
Ah, too bad, it's not a bad job really, just not as much detail. I aliased the Dreamfleet 310 sounds to it, redid the bitmap for the VC panel and I may try (these are dds textures and I didn't do dds textures (until now)) to do some interior color changes also. The other surprising thing is that the exterior textures are supposed to be 2048x2048, but in areas where there's striping, it's very pixelated which I wouldn't think would be the case. Anyway, until I get an answer on the Dreamfleet 310, I'm going with this one.

Ok, I know why it's pixelated (or at least this is what it looks like). I think the textures were done at 1024x1024 and enlarged to 2048x2048. Not sure why it would be that way, but that's exactly what it looks like. Even if I do them same size it should look much better.

Lateral-G
September 20th, 2009, 14:36
falcon,

Not sure why you're having so much trouble but I can sympathize with your frustration. Been there before on other planes guys have ported over but I could not get to work on my rig.

I think the problem may lie with you using Windows 7 and the registration file not transporting over intact when you upgraded your OS. It may very well have to do with something in the system registry preventing you from getting it to work even though you have all the files.

FWIW, I'm still running XP on my machine.

I have the "other" C310 from Rojas and it's OK but IMO the DF 310 is much better.

I hope you're able to sort things out.

-G-