PDA

View Full Version : First to report - Epic LT 1.8 out now!

Wombat_VC
September 16th, 2009, 21:53
Yes, the Epic is back online! :applause:

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Epic_LT.html

Wombat_VC
September 16th, 2009, 21:59
Question:

As I have customised and high-res interior textures, I am always wary of upgrading the rev for my Epic. For 1.8, can I keep all my interior DDS files that works for 1.7, especially around the panel area? Do I gain anything if I use 1.8 panel textures?

Wombat_VC
September 16th, 2009, 22:06
Another question:

Is the new G1000 still as FPS friendly as before? So far, Lionheart's is about the only complete glass system that can run on my 4-year-old PC with reasonable FPS.

JamesChams
September 16th, 2009, 22:38
Its actually a G900 and Yes to all the above...
I just updated mine and this http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=252670&postcount=30

:wavey:

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 01:17
Hey guys,

In this update, the Garmin surround bazel is upgraded, and a new nightmap for it has been created (glowing fonts on the face of the panel).

The NAV lights are also reverted back to stock illumination. Alot of people complained that the new NAV lights were to difficult to see, so I reset them to their original brightness.

Unfortunately, the manual has not been updated so for those buying it now, there is no manual. There is a simple ReadMe that comes with it, but thats it. I should have a revised manual (PDF file) out soon.

Bill

bushpilot
September 17th, 2009, 03:32
I've been recently working overtime and haven't even had time to fly in my precious sim. So today I finally had a change to do a complete flight and I took my Epic on a trip to Alaska at pale moonlight. And it was as relaxing as it all gets out. Nothing's more soothing than listening that turbo prop buzzing and watching the moonlit mountains pass you by:medals::medals:. Once again remembered why this is one of the best hobbies in the world:engel016:.

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/epic_night.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m465/bush_p/epic_panel.jpg

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 04:30
Nice shots Pekka..

I love flying at night in the sim as well. But man, with Alaska, you're missing out on all that beautiful scenery below. Unless its a full moon. :d

Bill

Wombat_VC
September 17th, 2009, 06:03
Just discovered that the taxi light leaks through into the cabin. This problem may have existed long time ago.

Wombat_VC
September 17th, 2009, 06:12
For those in need of the optional larger fuel tank offered by Epic, here is what you can change in the "Aircraft.cfg" file under the [fuel] section.

Original:

[fuel]
//Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 1
electric_pump = 1
LeftMain = 0, -10, -1, 144, 0
RightMain = 0, 10, -1, 144, 0

Extended range:

[fuel]
//Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
fuel_type = 2
number_of_tank_selectors = 1
electric_pump = 1
LeftMain = 0, -8.228571429, -0.822857143, 175, 0 // Long range fuel tank installed:
RightMain = 0, 8.228571429, -0.822857143, 175, 0 // 350 gal. total.

The coordinates have been proven to maintain the perfect balance of the plane.

bushpilot
September 17th, 2009, 06:14
But man, with Alaska, you're missing out on all that beautiful scenery below. Unless its a full moon. :d

The trick to make great night flying is to set the time in winter and full moon. Scenery will look outstanding. I gotta say that Epic and Kodiak have some of the best night lightings in their VCs that I've seen. That ambient glow created by the glass panels looks very realistic:medals:

JamesChams
September 17th, 2009, 08:56
Hey guys,

In this update, the Garmin surround bazel is upgraded, and a new nightmap for it has been created (glowing fonts on the face of the panel).

The NAV lights are also reverted back to stock illumination. Alot of people complained that the new NAV lights were to difficult to see, so I reset them to their original brightness.

Unfortunately, the manual has not been updated so for those buying it now, there is no manual. There is a simple ReadMe that comes with it, but thats it. I should have a revised manual (PDF file) out soon.

BillThanks Mr. Bill!

Could you do a A2A Shockwave Lights for the Epic LT (and even the Kodiak) variation?

Tako_Kichi
September 17th, 2009, 09:26
Thanks Mr. Bill!

Could you do a A2A Shockwave Lights for the Epic LT (and even the Kodiak) variation?
I include my light config settings with all my Epic repaints James but just in case they don't appeal to you my data is below:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo 10=cabin

light.0 = 3, -1.99, -21.26, 0, fx_shockwave_navred //fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -1.99, 21.31, 0, fx_shockwave_navgre //fx_navgre
light.2 = 3, -23.65, 0, 7.31, fx_shockwave_navwhi //fx_navwhi
light.3 = 3, -2.25, -21.31, 0.03, fx_shockwave_strobe //fx_strobe
light.4 = 3, -2.25, 21.34, 0.05, fx_shockwave_strobe_2 //fx_strobe

light.5 = 5, -1.59, -21.06, 0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small // landing light ball
light.6 = 5, -1.59, 21.06, 0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small // landing light ball

light.7 = 6, 8.00, 0.25, -2.0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22// taxi light
light.8 = 6, 8.00, -0.25, -2.0, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22// taxi light

light.9 = 7, -2.64, 0, 2.02, fx_vclight // pax cabin overhead
light.10 = 7, -6.34, 0, 1.72, fx_vclight // pax cabin overhead
light.11 = 2, 1.78, 0, 1.77, fx_vclight // cockpit overhead

You will also need to add this line to the [vcockpit01] section of either the 'panel' panel.cfg file or the 'panel.ws' panel.cfg file depending on which panel you use:

gauge09=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_taxi_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light

I can't help you with the Kodiak as I don't have that aircraft....yet.

bushpilot
September 17th, 2009, 09:35
(and even the Kodiak)

And for the Kodiak: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=156538&postcount=100

JamesChams
September 17th, 2009, 09:37
Thanks Mr. Larry "Tako_Kichi"! :wavey:
and Thank you Mr. Pekka "Bushpilot"! :wavey:

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 10:21
Thanks Wombat for the heads up on the taxi lights and the long range fuel tanks.

Can I post that on my news Blog?

That interior in your screenshot must be the one BananaRammaBob did. Those brochures on the table look brilliant!

Bill

DaveKDEN
September 17th, 2009, 14:39
Hi Bill,
Downloaded what I thought was version 1.8 from the link provided in the e-mail. When I run the installer, it says it's installing version 1.7. Re-downloaded the installer and have the same issue when running.
Is there a separate 1.8 installer available, or is it just a typo in the current installer?

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 17:02
Hi Bill,
Downloaded what I thought was version 1.8 from the link provided in the e-mail. When I run the installer, it says it's installing version 1.7. Re-downloaded the installer and have the same issue when running.
Is there a separate 1.8 installer available, or is it just a typo in the current installer?

Hey Dave,

hmm... Thats odd. I may have missed a notation somewhere in the installer.

Can you create a Temp folder on your desktop, then run the installer and direct it to install to the Temp folder, then open the 'aircraft.cfg' file and read at the top. It should say Build 1.8.

Also, in the 'informations window' it will say Build 1.8 as well.

Bill

Felixthreeone
September 17th, 2009, 17:22
Bill,

If I run the texture re-sizer, will that mess up any of the new modifications made in the upgrade to 1.8? Thanks in advance!!

DaveKDEN
September 17th, 2009, 17:49
Hey Dave,

hmm... Thats odd. I may have missed a notation somewhere in the installer.

Can you create a Temp folder on your desktop, then run the installer and direct it to install to the Temp folder, then open the 'aircraft.cfg' file and read at the top. It should say Build 1.8.

Also, in the 'informations window' it will say Build 1.8 as well.

Bill

Thanks Bill,
Checked it out, says it's build 1.7 in the aircraft.cfg

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 17:56
Bill,

If I run the texture re-sizer, will that mess up any of the new modifications made in the upgrade to 1.8? Thanks in advance!!

Hey FelixThreeOne,

You should be fine. You can reduce the texture sizes and convert the 32bit textures to DXT3 or DDS 16bit DXT5.

Just make sure they are proper sizes of course; 1024, 512, 256...

Bill

Felixthreeone
September 17th, 2009, 18:02
Actually Bill i was referring to the lowres texture .exe you have for download on the Epic page ; I wasn't sure if that one would conflict since there are new panel lighting upgrades and so on...I definitely don't want to mess it up

Wombat_VC
September 17th, 2009, 18:17
Thanks Wombat for the heads up on the taxi lights and the long range fuel tanks.

Can I post that on my news Blog?

That interior in your screenshot must be the one BananaRammaBob did. Those brochures on the table look brilliant!
Bill

Yes, please post the fuel tank configs. :jump:

And yes, the interior is done by Bob. Pure luxury. :applause:

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 18:22
Actually Bill i was referring to the lowres texture .exe you have for download on the Epic page ; I wasn't sure if that one would conflict since there are new panel lighting upgrades and so on...I definitely don't want to mess it up

Ahhhh....

Roger. Sorry. Just go ahead and run the installer and then reinstall the new low rez texture sets again. Should be fine.

The only textures I changed besides one gauge texture was the lightmaps for the Garmins and some panel folder textures. The 'Pan2_L.bmp' was redone in the textures packs. (Only the 'texture' folder in FSX, all textures in FS2004).

If you want to, to play it safe, just run the installer to a Temp folder, and copy/paste out the 'aircraft.cfg' file, the 'pan2_L.bmp' file, the gauges CAB file, and the panel folder (full contents) and you are good to go.

Bill

Felixthreeone
September 17th, 2009, 18:27
Thanks for the reply, Bill! I am actually using it in FS2004...:ernae:

Lionheart
September 17th, 2009, 18:28
Thanks for the reply, Bill! I am actually using it in FS2004...:ernae:

FS9 FOREVER!!!!!

wooo hooooo!

:ernae:

EDIT: FSX is awesome too... :d

Felixthreeone
September 17th, 2009, 18:58
I will be dual sim very soon :ernae:

Cirrus N210MS
September 18th, 2009, 07:12
the update really makes it work great! better frame rates!

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8885/epic1z.jpg

scoutII
September 20th, 2009, 16:02
How does one get the update - I can only download/reload 1.7?? Thanks

glennc
September 20th, 2009, 16:12
Scout, I'm not Bill but this is what happened when I downloaded it. Go to the Epic page on Bill's site. If you used Flight1 to buy it, download the new one. The filename should be Epic_LT_G2_01b.exe.

Hope that helps,

Glenn

Lionheart
September 20th, 2009, 16:19
This isnt out yet at PCAviator and SimMarket yet. I want to get the manual done before I have the installers back online. I hope to have the manual for the Epic done tommorrow. Thats the plan.

This whole thing has cost me 2 weeks. I thought it would be a 2 day deal. nope....

Really..... well, never mind.

Bill

rohan
September 20th, 2009, 19:27
Bill,
your efforts are really very much appreciated. This makes three FREE significant updates to the Epic since I bought it, which in my book says a great deal about your devotion to and support for your customers.

God bless you, Sir,
best regards,
Ro
:icon29:

scoutII
September 21st, 2009, 12:31
Many THANKS!!! I can wait......:ernae:

Lionheart
September 21st, 2009, 12:42
Most welcome guys.

...its not finished yet.. Plowing away on it now.

Bill

jpmouse
September 21st, 2009, 14:56

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8885/epic1z.jpg

Wow! Great repaint. Is it available anywhere?

Wombat_VC
September 22nd, 2009, 17:45
The manual is out now.

http://lionheartworld.net/elt/EPIC_Pilots_Manual_1.pdf

Lionheart
September 22nd, 2009, 19:24
Hey guys,

The 1.8 Build is officially launched. The package should be at SimMarket and PCAviator in the next day.

Sorry for the delay. The manuals took longer then I thought. Some neat upgrades to them though. They ROCK!!

:d

Happy flying,

Bill
LHC

Anneke
September 23rd, 2009, 02:48
Hi Bill,

I was flying the Epic at the FS club in our town yesterday and I noticed that that oil pressure indicator strip at the Garmin was out of reach. I started the Epic according to checklist and at home I double checked with the Kodiak and that one seemed normal. See the screenshot. At the Epic it stayed that way during flight.

Lionheart
September 23rd, 2009, 05:33
Hi Bill,

I was flying the Epic at the FS club in our town yesterday and I noticed that that oil pressure indicator strip at the Garmin was out of reach. I started the Epic according to checklist and at home I double checked with the Kodiak and that one seemed normal. See the screenshot. At the Epic it stayed that way during flight.

Rats....!

I had found that glitch last week and was going to snag it with the update....

<--- smacks self

Its a aircraft.cfg file issue and my gauge guru is away in Italy. I'll have a basic fix for it. Thanks for the heads up Anneke. I wish I had remembered to get it before the release.

Bill

scoutII
September 23rd, 2009, 12:21
I'z got 1.8 now - Many THANKS

Wombat_VC
September 23rd, 2009, 16:42
Rats....!
I had found that glitch last week and was going to snag it with the update....

<--- smacks self

Its a aircraft.cfg file issue and my gauge guru is away in Italy. I'll have a basic fix for it. Thanks for the heads up Anneke. I wish I had remembered to get it before the release.
Bill

While you are at it, you may also want to look at the very tiny mapping gap (similar to the Kodiak) at the bottom of the MFD. Sorry, for not able to show any screen shots here as I do not have my FS PC near me right now.

Wombat_VC
September 23rd, 2009, 16:44
Hi Bill,

I haven't checked, but I think Kodiak is affected, too.

Wombat_VC
September 25th, 2009, 22:04
While you are at it, you may also want to look at the very tiny mapping gap (similar to the Kodiak) at the bottom of the MFD. Sorry, for not able to show any screen shots here as I do not have my FS PC near me right now.

Here is the pic.

LonelyplanetXO
September 25th, 2009, 22:40
I'm a bit slow this time, just got 1.8 this morning. She had been gathering a bit of dust in the hanger due to the lights and the fact the GPS direct to function couldnt be used without the ap engaged, but I see those both fixed - yay!!!Thank you Bill!
While were on the subject of (tiny) issues, the TAS always reads the same as the GPS groundspeed reading. I suspect its GS, not TAS being displayed. Very minor I know, (thanks so much for adding groundspeed in 1.7) but thought i'd mention it. Anyways, thanks again & all the best!

LPXO

Lionheart
September 26th, 2009, 09:42
I'm a bit slow this time, just got 1.8 this morning. She had been gathering a bit of dust in the hanger due to the lights and the fact the GPS direct to function couldnt be used without the ap engaged, but I see those both fixed - yay!!!Thank you Bill!
While were on the subject of (tiny) issues, the TAS always reads the same as the GPS groundspeed reading. I suspect its GS, not TAS being displayed. Very minor I know, (thanks so much for adding groundspeed in 1.7) but thought i'd mention it. Anyways, thanks again & all the best!

LPXO

Yes, my fault. I wanted TAS to be GS. I told Dwight this. It only made sense as that is what we use in FS usually.

One thing I do not like on the new handy-dandy, super high tech, talking, female AP system, is that you cannot have it on when you take-off. It has Wing Leveler auto-engaged when you turn it on, so it keeps the nose from lifting on take-offs, so it must be off. I might 'adjust' that somehow in the future.

.... back to building the new bird...

Bill

boxcar
September 26th, 2009, 15:10
Am not sure what the frame rates were before, as the Epic was first purchased here last night. Can honestly say that this aircraft is getting 30 FPS in all views here, VC, clouds... never had any aircraft for FSX perform so sweetly & smoothly on my modest little 2.2 Phenom quad. It's also the very first time that all liveries coming with a fs plane package agree with me, & this is wholly understated. My first day with the plane is mighty fine. Thank you Bill, Bill L. & everyone! Fine piece of work here.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ThankyouLionheart.jpg

Rezabrya
September 26th, 2009, 16:50
Bill, I can attach a picture tomorrow when I go as I am not on my main rig right now but I found one little bug. I was flying this plane in tower view and the Nav lights were not on the wingtips, but were instead a couple feet above the wings floating in mid air. Do you know what could be causing this?

Lionheart
September 26th, 2009, 17:47
Am not sure what the frame rates were before, as the Epic was first purchased here last night. Can honestly say that this aircraft is getting 30 FPS in all views here, VC, clouds... never had any aircraft for FSX perform so sweetly & smoothly on my modest little 2.2 Phenom quad. It's also the very first time that all liveries coming with a fs plane package agree with me, & this is wholly understated. My first day with the plane is mighty fine. Thank you Bill, Bill L. & everyone! Fine piece of work here.

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/ddublu/ThankyouLionheart.jpg

Thanks Boxcar,

Glad you like it and its running good for you.

Bill, I can attach a picture tomorrow when I go as I am not on my main rig right now but I found one little bug. I was flying this plane in tower view and the Nav lights were not on the wingtips, but were instead a couple feet above the wings floating in mid air. Do you know what could be causing this?

Rezabrya

Hey Rezabrya,

Someone else reported this (one of two) and oddly, its not on my machine, not in FS9 or FSX. I wonder how this could be? (I export the planes that I have so if they had odd lights, then I should have them also).

I'll look into it. Its an easy enough fix through the aircraft cfg file.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bill

Bill

Lionheart
September 26th, 2009, 17:55
If any of you are getting odd wingtip lights sticking out in front of the wings, try resetting the lights to these settings.

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo 10=cabin

light.0 = 3, -1.99, -21.30, 0, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -1.99, 21.34, 0, fx_navgre

light.2 = 2, -2.25, -21.41, 0.03, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -2.25, 21.44, 0.05, fx_strobe

light.4 = 6, 7.66, 0.22, -1.83, fx_navwhi // Taxi Lights
light.5 = 6, 7.65, -0.23, -1.83, fx_navwhi //Taxi Lights

light.6 = 8, -2.24, 0, 2.52, fx_vclight // Rear Cabin Dome Lights
light.7 = 8, -6.34, 0, 2.52, fx_vclight // Rear Cabin Dome Lights
light.8 = 7, 1.78, 0, 1.77, fx_vclight // Pilots Forward Cabin Dome Light

light.9 = 5, -1.59, -21.06, 0, fx_navwhi // E_LT_Landing light
light.10 = 5, -1.59, 21.06, 0, fx_navwhi // Landing light

light.11 = 3, -23.65, 0.07, 7.31, fx_navwhi // Tail Landing Light

This should be the same version as in the installers.

Still trying to figure out how this can happen and if its on all systems or just some.

Bill

Lionheart
September 26th, 2009, 17:57
The installers have the same light settings above as do my own planes, so for lights to be hanging out in front is a bit odd. I do not know how this can be happening.

Maybe an addon?

Bill

boxcar
September 26th, 2009, 18:24
Howdy guys,

Am thinking the key to Rezabrya's observation is, "...was flying this plane in tower view...", as most if not all FSX addon aircraft are displaying the same way here: "...the Nav lights were not on the wingtips, but were instead a couple feet above the wings floating in mid air." Would venture that it is FSX & not the planes. When in tower mode the lights will usually move closer to where they belong each step of zoom added though never where they truly belong. When zoomed out they become badly misplaced & way off of the wingtips. Most other views are correctly placed, in my experience, though they can seem smaller depending on what view is selected.

Cerberus
September 26th, 2009, 18:31
Looking Great Bill. Very slick plane.

Wombat_VC
September 27th, 2009, 09:29
If any of you are getting odd wingtip lights sticking out in front of the wings, try resetting the lights to these settings.

[lights]

light.0 = 3, -1.99, -21.30, 0, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -1.99, 21.34, 0, fx_navgre

light.2 = 2, -2.25, -21.41, 0.03, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -2.25, 21.44, 0.05, fx_strobe

light.4 = 6, 7.66, 0.22, -1.83, fx_navwhi // Taxi Lights
light.5 = 6, 7.65, -0.23, -1.83, fx_navwhi //Taxi Lights

light.6 = 8, -2.24, 0, 2.52, fx_vclight // Rear Cabin Dome Lights
light.7 = 8, -6.34, 0, 2.52, fx_vclight // Rear Cabin Dome Lights
light.8 = 7, 1.78, 0, 1.77, fx_vclight // Pilots Forward Cabin Dome Light

light.9 = 5, -1.59, -21.06, 0, fx_navwhi // E_LT_Landing light
light.10 = 5, -1.59, 21.06, 0, fx_navwhi // Landing light

light.11 = 3, -23.65, 0.07, 7.31, fx_navwhi // Tail Landing Light

This should be the same version as in the installers.

Still trying to figure out how this can happen and if its on all systems or just some.

Bill

Yup, i checked. My light configs are exactly like yours. I'm not sure what other add-ons would affect the lights. I don't have the Shockwave.

Wombat_VC
September 27th, 2009, 09:31
Howdy guys,

Am thinking the key to Rezabrya's observation is, "...was flying this plane in tower view...", as most if not all FSX addon aircraft are displaying the same way here: "...the Nav lights were not on the wingtips, but were instead a couple feet above the wings floating in mid air." Would venture that it is FSX & not the planes. When in tower mode the lights will usually move closer to where they belong each step of zoom added though never where they truly belong. When zoomed out they become badly misplaced & way off of the wingtips. Most other views are correctly placed, in my experience, though they can seem smaller depending on what view is selected.

If Bill is based on my pic (in another thread) to know if we have lights issue, that pic was taken in fly-by mode, but the LT was flown by AI, not by me.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=23340

LonelyplanetXO
September 27th, 2009, 10:00
This is one mighty fine addon and fantastically supported by Bill:applause:. If you haven't bought this my advice is get it. My Epic has something approaching 100 hrs on the Hobbs. Now all we need for FS9 is a few more models of the same standard. Maybe a Piaggio Avanti, Northrop T-38, Gulfstream V, AV8 Harrier...Hey Bill, watchya doin for the next um, 5 years or so??? LOL

LPXO

Lionheart
September 27th, 2009, 10:49
Now all we need for FS9 is a few more models of the same standard. Maybe a Piaggio Avanti, Northrop T-38, Gulfstream V, AV8 Harrier...Hey Bill, watchya doin for the next um, 5 years or so??? LOL

LPXO

eeeeks! lol... :kilroy:

Making models... and models.. and models..

Someone has to do it. :d