PDA

View Full Version : Flying "back seat" with the FSX Blue Angels.....

Navy Chief
September 16th, 2009, 12:38
Last night, Shylock invited me to observe one of the practice sessions for the FSX Blue Angels. I had seen videos of their flight demonstrations before on their website, and a few months back, during a online airshow that was broadcast over the internet. But I was definitely interested in observing these guys in practice.

One of the FSX Team members, Left Wing Pilot: Andrew Chelone (Shoot), invited me to log in under the "Join" option in Multiplayer. I'd never done that before in MP, but it was certainly an experience!

The precision flight simulation talents of the FSX Blue Angels is amazing! I have been involved with flight simulation for many years now, but I have never seen such exacting, closely-flown formation flying!

I "rode" along, as they effortlessly flew a number of their airshow routines. The experience for me was visually quite similar to actually flying in the back seat of a F/A-18D (which was the last hop I got in the Navy, back in 1987, while with VFA-106).

These guys practice constantly, and it shows. A big thank you to Shylock for the invitation; and to "Shoot" for the "ride"!

http://fsxblueangels.com/main.html

Go NAVAIR!

GO NAVY!

Navy Chief

Shylock
September 17th, 2009, 23:58
Thanks for hoping in and hanging out with us for a few hours Chief. Hopefully that was the first in many more to come.