PDA

View Full Version : Microphone configuring. Arrggghhhh......

Navy Chief
September 15th, 2009, 14:30
I have ALWAYS fought with trying to configure my microphone to work properly. I don't know why it is so darn difficult, but it is.

What the h..... is the procedure for getting this thing to work? This drives me crazy, and is ONE reason why I so rarely fly in Multiplayer, because of microphone problems.

If someone can provide some tips, I sure would appreciate it.

I am running a Creative Soundblaster Platinum series X-Fi card. I've tried configuring, using the Creative Mode Launcher, AND the Control Panel Sound settings.

MaddogK
September 15th, 2009, 15:31
There was a time I couldn't say enough good things about creative labs cards- until my live 5.1 card. Creative released 'gimped' drivers for the card and it was all but unusable for teamspeak/ventrillo during game play until some 3rd party developer released FREE drivers for the card that fixed creatives (intentional ???) crippling of the cards functionality.

In short- look for other drivers.

For online gaming you NEED full duplex operability, half duplex wont work.

Navy Chief
September 15th, 2009, 15:33
Got it working, but to be honest, am NOT sure how I did it.............

strikehawk
September 15th, 2009, 20:23
Chief, get yourself a head set that is USB plug and play. I know you use Team Speak so after you set you push to talk button go to the third option in that drop down. You'll see you two menus, one for the input another for the output. Select the choice that has "USB" or the name of you headset. Same for your output. Hit okay and you should be good to go. The USB headset I have has a built in sound card so it shows up independantly of the PC's sound card.

Failing that find an AT and threaten bodily harm until he gets it up and running.:isadizzy:

Collin
September 15th, 2009, 20:58
Another way is simply to use Skype.

A bunch of us tried it with cfs2, great fun.

regards Collin:ernae:

Navy Chief
September 16th, 2009, 02:26
I used to have a 5.1 USB Edimensional Force Feedback headset, but it was a constant pain in the a....... I ended up buying the earlier version. The problems I have now, on occasion, have something to do with either my sound card; and, or my OS, which is Vista Ultimate.

NC

strikehawk
September 16th, 2009, 15:12
I have a cheap,less than $50 Cyber Acoustics head set and a USB adapter from an Altec Lansing head set. I've yet to have any problems. The only reason I go through so many sets is that either the puppy gnaws through the wires or I break the wires over time when I roll my chair over them.

Navy Chief
September 16th, 2009, 15:30
I have a cheap,less than $50 Cyber Acoustics head set and a USB adapter from an Altec Lansing head set. I've yet to have any problems. The only reason I go through so many sets is that either the puppy gnaws through the wires or I break the wires over time when I roll my chair over them.

Hopefully he has grown out of it, but my siamese cat, "Twist" used to LOVE to chew wires. In fact, he destroyed the wire going to our Wii sensor. I ended up buying a wireless version.

NC

Trans_23
September 16th, 2009, 17:57
Haha! Been there done that.