PDA

View Full Version : POSTED: I-88 Japanese Sub

Tango_Romeo
October 24th, 2008, 02:49
I've just posted the new KD-6 class Japanese submarine I-88......she was going to be the I-68, but there are already a few of those out there. :wavey:

I hope she'll be available for download before Ickie has to take the site down for the weekend. :isadizzy:

Tango_Romeo
October 24th, 2008, 03:08
....of the I-68, the most notorious of the KD-6s. :male:

miamieagle
October 24th, 2008, 04:25
I"am looking forward for it. You have just made this Sim more complete.

Thank you TR!

Do you of any way you can make Ships shoot their big guns at each other or at enemies shoreline before the Marines land on the them?:ernae:

gavinc
October 24th, 2008, 05:30
Can't wait to download it and not hit it with bombs. It better be bigger than that rinky-dink little German thing:costumes:.

If by some chance you are running out of things to do there are a couple of other Japanese subs waiting to be built
http://www.combinedfleet.com/ss.htm

Gavin

Skipsan
October 24th, 2008, 07:16
Sir! If you could give some consideration the building to a type-B1 & type-D1 class sub. The type-B1 "I-15 being the lead" quite an lustrous career as shown in the Tabular Record of Movement"
http://www.combinedfleet.com/I-15.htm

Word of note the all mission builders, ship builder, model makers and skinner's; the TROM's for Auxiliary Seaplane Tenders and Merchant Auxiliaries give ton's of info on operations. ship movements/conveys, seaplanes and there tale marking's. Pulse plane compositions for raids and missions:isadizzy: Real good stuff:d All is a quick read.

TR Thank you for all your hared work and another outstanding ship for the CFS2 Fleet:applause::applause:

Skipsan:kilroy:

Dirtman
October 24th, 2008, 10:40
Haro Honorable Tango Romeo san;

A-rouw me to tank you fom de bottom of mi torpedo tubes!!!

Nu boat much better to sink "capitalist Yankee running dog" ships.

Sank you velly much!!!

Dirty-san

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes: :costumes: :costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

Tango_Romeo
October 24th, 2008, 11:37
Sir! If you could give some consideration the building to a type-B1 & type-D1 class sub. The type-B1 "I-15 being the lead" quite an lustrous career as shown in the Tabular Record of Movement"
http://www.combinedfleet.com/I-15.htm Skipsan:kilroy:

....I'll just whip a couple out this afternoon. :costumes:
I'll put them on the list right behind the next project (Brit S Boat, Stygian) and the upgrade of the VII Boat to keep Jaxon off my back. :d

The objective is to turn the paucity of CFS2 subs into a plethora. :ernae:
I was cruising the sky in a nice airplane....and suddenly I'm in a stinking pig boat...what happened? :kilroy:

Oglivie
October 24th, 2008, 20:11
I've just posted the new KD-6 class Japanese submarine I-88......she was going to be the I-68, but there are already a few of those out there. :wavey:

I hope she'll be available for download before Ickie has to take the site down for the weekend. :isadizzy:

Thanks, TR and Psully!

hellcat44
October 24th, 2008, 20:59
A close miss on her forward port did nothing to change that.

Tango_Romeo
October 25th, 2008, 14:23
A close miss on her forward port did nothing to change that.

....that if you hit her or even come very close, you will be rewarded with some spectacular damage effects. :ernae:

Maybe you should fly my Goodyear Blimp with the depth charge armament. She's so slow and deliberate that you can't miss....unless the lousy gunner on the boat gets you. :costumes:

hellcat44
October 25th, 2008, 17:21
The 500 lber seen right along her port bow was as close as a miss can be.
Maybe it was a dud. :costumes:

Tango_Romeo
October 25th, 2008, 18:26
The 500 lber seen right along her port bow was as close as a miss can be.
Maybe it was a dud. :costumes:

...I'm certain you ripped-off a few damage points with that one, but given the way the DP is written, you got to pretty much destroy at least one box to get the good stuff to showup. And the bow (where your bomb appears to hit) is mostly fairwater hull open to the sea, which can take a real beating. The pressure hull starts aft of the tubes. :costumes:

Test her out with some .50 cal or 20mm and you won't have to depend on bombing skills....a good concentrated burst of 2-3 seconds will do it. Hell, I've sunk her with the single .50 on the blimp. :d

All else failing, feel free to 'soften' the DP by a few thousand damage points. :icon31:

hellcat44
October 25th, 2008, 20:45
Score,,,, I-88 six...yours truly one.
A dive bomber pilot I ain't.

Tango_Romeo
October 25th, 2008, 20:56
Score,,,, I-88 six...yours truly one.
A dive bomber pilot I ain't.

...ticket. Last night I had her in flames from bow to stern and it took her 3-4 minutes to go down.

Then with depth charges, I've seen her go down without a whimper.

PSULLYKEYS
October 25th, 2008, 22:22
Thanks Tango!!!!:ernae: player stuff to follow....:running:

Pips
October 25th, 2008, 22:56
The objective is to turn the paucity of CFS2 subs into a plethora. :ernae:
I was cruising the sky in a nice airplane....and suddenly I'm in a stinking pig boat...what happened? :kilroy:

Love the idea of having subs to strike at. But just how common will they appear in-game? Is there a trick to getting several to show up in a mission (hopefully not all at once!). :)

Tango_Romeo
October 25th, 2008, 23:57
Love the idea of having subs to strike at. But just how common will they appear in-game? Is there a trick to getting several to show up in a mission (hopefully not all at once!). :)

...you can place the subs in the mission with their own waypoints like any ship. Place the first WP for each sub near a WP for the player aircraft. Now you SPAWN them at those Player WPs in the Mission using a TRIGGER and an EVENT. For example:

TRIGGER: PLAYER AIRCRAFT/ WP REACHED = 3
EVENT: SPAWN/name of model to be spawned

When the subs are tied to a TRIGGER and EVENT like this they will simply materialize when the player reaches the specified WP. :ernae:

Tango_Romeo
October 26th, 2008, 17:25
Thanks Tango!!!!:ernae: player stuff to follow....:running:

...I am happier about how this particular model turned-out than any ship that I've done. And I'm sure folks will appreciate a player version. :medals:

I like the I-88 so much that I'm inspired to upgrade the VII boat and get onto the new Brit S class boat. :male:

peperez
October 26th, 2008, 17:45
...I am happier about how this particular model turned-out than any ship that I've done. And I'm sure folks will appreciate a player version. :medals:

I like the I-88 so much that I'm inspired to upgrade the VII boat and get onto the new Brit S class boat. :male:

May be some Elktro boats like Type XXI and XXIII and the Japanese answer, I-201 and Ha-201:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.php?blueprints/ships/ships-japan/15074/view/ijn_i_201_1944__submarine_/

Pips
October 26th, 2008, 23:11
Thanks Tango, I'll give it a try. :)

Tango_Romeo
October 27th, 2008, 11:50
May be some Elktro boats like Type XXI and XXIII and the Japanese answer, I-201 and Ha-201:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/index.php?blueprints/ships/ships-japan/15074/view/ijn_i_201_1944__submarine_/

The Sendaka high-speed submarine class with 25mm deck guns that actually retracted into the hull when the boat submerged.....some fast boats! I think only four were laid down and only two actually got into the war. And yes, the infamous XXI boats. Good suggestions and on the list. :wavey:

But first what I call the VIID....the original VIIC with a much improved model with regard to conning tower detail, saddle tank upgrade and new textures. Then I have to do the Brit S boat. :applause:

Skipsan
October 27th, 2008, 12:52
TR, it was a dark druie day in NW Wisconsin snow showers winds hollowing at 40 + Knots; NO Packers, Bears or Vick"queens" [ the mud ducks from Minnesota] Soooo:d I took a somewhat subdued approach on her dp. Line of thinking :isadizzy:there is not much to burn on the deck, so the leaking oil and oil slick pulse debri took over. Give her a try:wiggle:

Once again thanks for all your effort and Great works:applause::applause::applause:

Tango_Romeo
October 27th, 2008, 13:16
TR, it was a dark druie day in NW Wisconsin snow showers winds hollowing at 40 + Knots; NO Packers, Bears or Vick"queens" [ the mud ducks from Minnesota] Soooo:d I took a somewhat subdued approach on her dp. Line of thinking :isadizzy:there is not much to burn on the deck, so the leaking oil and oil slick pulse debri took over. Give her a try:wiggle:

Once again thanks for all your effort and Great works:applause::applause::applause:

.......don't stop now!

The sun is shining here and it's in the 60's, but that nasty weather is sliding south fast. :kilroy: