PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Brisbane- Gidday Cobbers

Daiwilletti
September 11th, 2009, 16:38
I know this is a bit OT, but gidday to all you lucky Queenslanders! :ernae:
I am just over in Brissy visiting friends and rellies and it is a glorious Saturday morning, blue Brisbane skies. It really does feel like the Lucky Country.

I'm just logged in on my step-daughter's laptop for a quick SOH fix.

The F-111s are going to do a "dump and burn" over the river tonight so I'm hanging out for that.

cheers
D

loverboy1
September 11th, 2009, 18:50
sounds like your in the land of love and honey .... im in steel town hamilton ontario canada... only thing we wait for here is rain , snow , and the odd sunlight over smoke stacks ......

enjoy .....

joshua

Murray Cod
September 11th, 2009, 18:53
that is why the city is nicknamed Brisvegas (but without the gawdy lights and mass of gambling venues)

Daiwilletti
September 11th, 2009, 19:38
that is why the city is nicknamed Brisvegas (but without the gawdy lights and mass of gambling venues)

Heh, he
I think it will really be like Vegas tonight when the fireworks light up the F-111s :gameon:

Daiwilletti
September 11th, 2009, 19:41
sounds like your in the land of love and honey .... im in steel town hamilton ontario canada... only thing we wait for here is rain , snow , and the odd sunlight over smoke stacks ......

enjoy .....

joshua

Well Joshua at least you have just finished summer, in dear old NZ we have just come out of a record breaking cold winter. It got down to 0C several times in Auckland... :icon_lol:

hairyspin
September 12th, 2009, 01:13
It's quite a decent day here too, although possibly not so warm as Brisbane. And if a good mate hadn't had family health problems, four of us would be at RAF Leuchars by now for the Red Arrows, Battle of Britain Memorial flight, Vulcan, Eurofighter, Foxy Lady, Meteor, etc etc. (sob!)

No Aardvarks though, so enjoy the show!

Daiwilletti
September 12th, 2009, 06:05
Well the F-111s put on a jolly good show. In the dark, as the thicksmoke from the 30 minute fireworks display drifted from the river and across the city of Brisbane, the whistle/roar of two F-111s cut the night. Then they shot upwards, with massive orange tails of burning fuel as they rocketed towards 30,000 feet (sorry no metrics tonight - too many glasses of good SA wine).

top night in Brisvegas:icon29::ernae:

seacondor
September 12th, 2009, 15:11
Southeast Queensland is great at this time of the year. Good for Kiwi's getting away from the cool NZ winters. But then I would rather be in NZ around Christmas time when the heat bigs in here. :ernae:

Daiwilletti
September 18th, 2009, 18:24
Southeast Queensland is great at this time of the year. Good for Kiwi's getting away from the cool NZ winters. But then I would rather be in NZ around Christmas time when the heat bigs in here. :ernae:

LOL, Seacondor, its already hot enough for me now! I've just made it back to Brissy from Coolangatta where the surf break was fine and there were acres of white sand freshly spread on the beach.

Back to Un Zud tomorrow and work looms for Monday. Brisvegas has 0 days rain forecast for the foreseeable future. if you run out of water there's plenty waiting in the land of the Long White Cloud..:icon29: