PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy, Oh Boy: Get the CC out Moe

jmig
September 11th, 2009, 13:13
As someone who has used the Matrox TripleHead2Go this looks "KICKA$$"! Anyone want to buy a TH2Go CHEAP? :icon_lol:

Multiple monitors from a single video card!!! I just hope it really works. :jump:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/09/09/amd_next_generation_ati_radeon_eyefinity_technolog y

Meshman
September 11th, 2009, 13:41
Oh boy! FSX at 7680x3200 resolution and 10fpm... :kilroy:

Gibbage
September 11th, 2009, 14:57
Heh. This technology is very promising, if you can budget it. Matrox had a nice idea, but poor implementation. The Perihelia just didnt have the hardware to back up its features!

From my understanding, this technology only tells Windows its running at a wide resolution, and splits the signal between the attached monitors, meaning that if the game is using Direct X (and gets its resolution from Windows) then it will most likley work with this. IL2 may be out of luck, since it primarily uses OpenGL and the Direct X mode is just an OpenGL wrapper, but im sure FSX will work this way. I saw similar setups at the office using other solutions on 3 monitors. Lets just hope they dont charge an arm and a leg for it, and its powerful enough to run it.

spotlope
September 11th, 2009, 15:02
I noticed that one of their pics was a multi-monitor video wall that was running X-Plane. Doesn't X-Plane use OpenGL exclusively as well?

Bone
September 11th, 2009, 15:25
Just need abunch of borderless monitors to string together, and it may be doable.

mike_cyul
September 11th, 2009, 17:22
24 monitors! Yikes! :)

Mike

Lionheart
September 11th, 2009, 18:16
24 monitors! Yikes! :)

Mike

Mike,

Your little daughter is a cutie. You are blessed man!

Was she showing you how to use the binoculars that day?

;)

I can only imagine that she is already proficient in doing a cold Jumo twin engine startup procedure.....

Bill