PDA

View Full Version : Bhutan...forgotten by simers?

gera
September 11th, 2009, 08:32
After finishing last night the third new airfield in the high mountains of Bhutan I asked myself how many simers have flown around here????...Lukla is not far away and the big mountain is visible if you are high enough...I donīt know you guys, but one of the wonderful things of our sim for me is that it stirs curiosity in me concerning so many countries in our planet. I usually check google maps and read the countries web pages to find what is going on there, what they eat and drink, see if their women are pretty or not, look at their lakes, rivers, mountains and how they live...then when I fly there I get a very different feeling than just flying on top of 3D stuff....I went into a valley last night and it was so nice to see that "it actually looked like the real one I saw in a pic"!!!!....yes, our sim is really a very tiny "real world" if you research a little............Ok, on with the fourth airfield and soon a new Mission or Adventure Flight.............Hi, ho...Silver!!!!!!:pop4:-----

Note:I am making new airfields there since FSX has only two and I need to get into some villages way down in some gorges and high mountains. hopefuly the tiny bgl people there will be happy with better transportation...

spatialpro
September 11th, 2009, 11:02
Sounds excellent and heart-felt.

You build 'em, we'll fly 'em! :applause:

Killbilly
September 11th, 2009, 12:44
On one of my "round the world" flights, I had planned a stop in Paro, Bhutan, and then I was off to Myanmar. However, Bhutan was so interesting to fly around in, I ended up hitting almost all of the mountain "airports" (flat spots where I could land) on my way through. (I was flying the AS Twin Otter, which was perfect for that leg of the trip.)
Some missions in Bhutan would be great. :ernae:

gera
September 11th, 2009, 13:40
On one of my "round the world" flights, I had planned a stop in Paro, Bhutan, and then I was off to Myanmar. However, Bhutan was so interesting to fly around in, I ended up hitting almost all of the mountain "airports" (flat spots where I could land) on my way through. (I was flying the AS Twin Otter, which was perfect for that leg of the trip.)
Some missions in Bhutan would be great. :ernae:

Yup!! the Twin Otter is the fellow I have been using to get into some pretty dreadful gorges.....incredible mountanous country.....mission should be ready in a few weeks....

gera
September 11th, 2009, 13:41
Sounds excellent and heart-felt.

You build 'em, we'll fly 'em! :applause:

stand by, should be ready soon.............:mixedsmi:

barryward12345
September 11th, 2009, 20:46
one of the wonderful things of our sim for me is that it stirs curiosity in me concerning so many countries in our planet.

Me too ! :wavey:I used to use Tileproxy to get a good idea of what the real world looks like - but have given it away as my system couldn't download Google textures quick enough. Now, after an interesting Fsx flight, I use the Google Earth flight simulator and refly the FSx flight. Some places it is a magnificent sight.

I found that the Google Earth Flight simulator needs some "fixes" to its INI file - else joystick control axis are incorrect. Once I did that I find it to be a very useful tool

Barry

CG_1976
September 11th, 2009, 21:59
HeHe a mission for the CAF #802 Twotte:applause:r. Bring it on Gera:jump: and make it deadly dangerous:running:.

gera
September 11th, 2009, 23:50
Yea google earth is quite a tool for preparing flights, I use it all the time. CG176, I just finished airfield
No.5, no name yet, and it sure is dangerous, specially with a thunderstorm pushing the Otter all over!!!!, by a lake I made an airfield going up a hill!!!! should make some pilots go around once at least!!!!...soon in a sim near you!!!!!!:wavey: