PDA

View Full Version : MS 760 Paris Jet WIP's

Piglet
September 10th, 2009, 00:05
Some WIP's for my Paris Jet. Obviously more more to do!

Fireball6
September 10th, 2009, 00:25
Awesome - fantastic work :applause:

Piglet
September 10th, 2009, 03:15
Just one more with markings

jmig
September 10th, 2009, 03:16
I remember reading about this plane in an aviation mag a few years ago.

I drooled all over the pages!

empeck
September 10th, 2009, 03:22
Impressive specular map :)

Matt Wynn
September 10th, 2009, 03:36
she's a beauty Piglet!:applause::ernae:

sparouty
September 10th, 2009, 04:04
Just one more with markings

:jump: Yes!:jump: yes! Mister Piglet, I love your paint job!
Good choice for the markings : roundels without anchor are so sad.. :bump:

Regards,
Sylvain

falcon409
September 10th, 2009, 04:48
Great work there Tim. Very impressive. I'll be looking forward to this one as my new "Day Tripper".:ernae:

peter12213
September 10th, 2009, 05:10
Very nice!!

jankees
September 10th, 2009, 06:32
very promising!

mike_cyul
September 10th, 2009, 07:27
Looks great - love the skin!:applause:

Mike

Bjoern
September 10th, 2009, 11:14
Sweet base textures, Tim! :applause:

Flyboy208
September 10th, 2009, 15:26
Fantastic ! Mike :applause:

Ferry_vO
September 11th, 2009, 02:10
Looks great Tim! :applause:

Even though this aircraft and the Fouga Magister are powered by a tiny Marboré engine, which really are the size of a large vacuum cleaner, they are incredibly noisy. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to witness a Fouga start up only about 50 meters from me, and it produces a very high pitched whistle that really hurts your ears.

The Americans may know the engine as the Teledyne CAE J69 which was a licence-built Marboré and was used in the T-37 Tweet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbomeca_Marbor%C3%A9

Naki
September 11th, 2009, 03:15
Looks great Tim! :applause:

Even though this aircraft and the Fouga Magister are powered by a tiny Marboré engine, which really are the size of a large vacuum cleaner, they are incredibly noisy. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to witness a Fouga start up only about 50 meters from me, and it produces a very high pitched whistle that really hurts your ears.

The Americans may know the engine as the Teledyne CAE J69 which was a licence-built Marboré and was used in the T-37 Tweet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbomeca_Marbor%C3%A9

Ahh you learn something new everyday ..didnt know they were similar engines...they do sound similar and yes I can also vouch that Fouga Magistars are very noisy after one taxied past me just a few feet away.

Edit: actually I havent heard a T-37 ...it was an A-37 which has different engines

falcon409
September 11th, 2009, 04:00
Ahh you learn something new everyday ..didnt know they were similar engines...they do sound similar and yes I can also vouch that Fouga Magistars are very noisy after one taxied past me just a few feet away.
Edit: actually I havent heard a T-37 ...it was an A-37 which has different engines
Yep, I worked T-37's at Perrin AFB here in Texas in the late 60's and A-37's in Vietnam, definitely different engines. We were required to use double hearing protection for the T-37's if we were anywhere near them during operations (ear plugs and headsets). I was too close to one when it started up on one occasion and the effect it had on me before I was able to get a headset was quite disconcerting. It made me feel very irritable, which I understand is a symptom of it's effects on an individual along with other long term effects if it goes unchecked. Not something to take lightly.

Piglet
September 11th, 2009, 22:18
Same engines as a CASA HA-200 Spanish trainer. We had two of them at my airport, and yes, they are LOUD! The owner has since taken them to Dagget, or some other Mohave desert field.
Those Marbore engines really aren't that powerful, for all that noise. I did a quickie airfile thru Airwrench, and Paris is so underpowered! But I hear that's the way they are.

Dougie
September 12th, 2009, 04:25
Piglet, this thing looks bloody cool. I've never saw it before but I'm a fanboy for jet trainers. :D