PDA

View Full Version : gonna bite the bullit

Daveroo
September 9th, 2009, 13:49
ok imma do it..im going to step up to FSX...im missing out on some great planes it seems...i have FSX allready..but i dont have the excelleration..i cant seem to find that as a stand alone...should i go ahead and buy the "gold" version? i can get it for either 39.95 or 49.95....cant remember..but i paid 79.99 originally....lol...

FAC257
September 9th, 2009, 13:54
I've been casually looking for a stand alone copy of Accelleration for a friend of mind over the last couple of months. I haven't run across one yet.

FAC

papab
September 9th, 2009, 14:12
ok imma do it..im going to step up to FSX...im missing out on some great planes it seems...i have FSX allready..but i dont have the excelleration..i cant seem to find that as a stand alone...should i go ahead and buy the "gold" version? i can get it for either 39.95 or 49.95....cant remember..but i paid 79.99 originally....lol...

Saw a copy of acceleration at my local Best Buy this past weekend

Roadburner440
September 9th, 2009, 14:25
The best advice I can give you is to go to Amazon.com. They have it in stock. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Acceleration-Expansion-Pc/dp/B000U96L54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1252535041&sr=8-1 . Whenever I need older software expansions and stuff I always go to Amazon cause I can find them there. Plus you get free shipping! Usually they do UPS ground, but the last roller coaster tycoon expansion I ordered got here in 3 days. Good for books as well. Hope this helps you.

gera
September 9th, 2009, 14:27
Amazon, thatīs the place......

AussieMan
September 9th, 2009, 15:00
Why waste you money on Accelleration? Just install FSX and download SP1 and SP2. Works fine for me.

I think the only difference between downloading the 2 SPs and Accelleration is tat you get some extra aircraft that are of dubious quality.

Just my opinion.

Cheers
Pat

peter12213
September 9th, 2009, 16:02
No Acceleration is worth the money just for the carriers and other features that you don't get from sp2, plus acceleration adds all the sp's plus more, so I wouldn't say stuff like that if you don't have it mate! I got my acceleration disk at GAME on boxing day 2007 and it wasn't until the aerosoft F16 came out that I actually found that my pc could run it, I had alot of trouble with graphics at first but that the thing about fsx it teaches you more how to use your computer than it does about flying some times lol!

Meshman
September 9th, 2009, 17:20
Acceleration is more than adding some planes. There's additional missions, but most important for me is the nicely done scenery. Edwards AFB, Reno, London and Berlin IIRC. The F-18 may not be the latest or greatest, but burning high rates of fuel around the greaters Edwards area makes it worth the price.

DaveKDEN
September 9th, 2009, 18:32
bullit or bullet? No doubt about it, buy Acceleration!

Daveroo
September 9th, 2009, 18:56
bullit or bullet? No doubt about it, buy Acceleration!
bullet.............sigh

DaveKDEN
September 9th, 2009, 19:54
bullet.............sigh

:)

Seriously though, I think you'd be happy with acceleration!