PDA

View Full Version : RAF Vulcan

flyer68211
September 8th, 2009, 21:20
:USA-flag: Hi all.......John here......Question for All..I'm seriously thinking about adding a RAF Vulcan to my fleet..Question is do i go with Just Flight's Vulcan or somebody else..I'm a BIG believer in "preserving" the past and by that i mean B-52,B-58,B-47, etc...I used to be a flying CrewChief on C-5A models,well before they got fancy w/updated avionics etc.(the old steam powered).....Now don't get me wrong-i'm all in favor of progress,but i'm still more comfortable with the pilot/co-pilot flying the machine instead of vice-versa. Hope this doesn't start a "fire storm" ; just looking for some advice on what to get......really leaning towards Just Flight's product....Hope this doesn't cause too much of a stir......John

Ferry_vO
September 9th, 2009, 02:03
If you are flying FsX, get the Iris version. If you are using Fs9, get the Phoenix/Just Flight package.

:)

bstolle
September 9th, 2009, 09:08
The last PC Pilot issue has an surprsingly 'average' IRIS vulcan review.
According to the reviewer the VC and systems are better in the just flight vulcan.

Ferry_vO
September 9th, 2009, 09:16
That maybe true, but the Just Flight Vulcan is a Fs8 model upgraded for 2004 and I don't know how well it works in FsX (Not just systems, but also framerate wise.). The Iris Vulcan is a native FsX model with bumpmaps, shine etc and works in Dx10 mode.