PDA

View Full Version : Easily Frightened G21

TigerPackLeader
September 7th, 2009, 10:20
I have recently been playing with the Lyons' G21 Grumman Goose and love the thing but have experienced an occasional issue I'm relating here in hopes somebody may have already seen and solved it.

This only happens when the aircraft is on the water and either moored or motionless. Suddenly it will be catapulted 500 feet into the air resulting in a crash. The airplane kind of crash, not the computer kind. It also happens occasionally when I open a saved flight in which the Goose was floating where I left it.

In every other respect this is an incredible airplane and performs beautifully. Any thoughts?

Willy
September 7th, 2009, 10:35
I don't suppose you were coming out of slew when this happened? If the aircraft is not solidly back on the ground/water when you're coming out slew, it will launch into the air.

TigerPackLeader
September 7th, 2009, 10:42
Hi Willy, and thanks for the input. No, actually I can count on the fingers of no hands the times I've slewed using any FS9 aircraft. Wish I could say the same for real life.

I'm not sure if it matters but I've noticed the main wheels rotating as the airplane bobs on the swell.

TigerPackLeader
November 30th, 2009, 12:12
I am pleased to report that my G21 issues have been resolved! For all who might be able to use them, the results of the quest are in my latest blog article at http://randy.whynacht.ca/archives/551

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 04:58
Great site for the G21 - thanks for sharing.

Ed

TigerPackLeader
December 1st, 2009, 05:10
Happy to be of service!

By the way, I realized that in my blog article, while I mentioned them, I failed to include the actual adjusted contact points I obtained courtesy of the Nor-Cal Prop Club. I edited that this morning so they are there in the blog now, but not yet in the html document that comes with my texture download. Sorry for that. In a post that long the mind wanders.

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 07:58
BTW: I did download your G21 repaint - neat and more fun to fly ( I love dogs!).

Ed :ernae:

TigerPackLeader
December 1st, 2009, 08:45
BTW: I did download your G21 repaint - neat and more fun to fly ( I love dogs!).

Dog lovin' Ed,
Fly it in good health!
Randy

edmoore235
December 1st, 2009, 14:29
Dog lovin' Ed,
Fly it in good health!
Randy
Randy, see the pic of my flight right now!

TigerPackLeader
December 1st, 2009, 14:35
Looks good Ed, but I can't see you through the windscreen ... I expect the Goose is on autopilot and you're in back with the female passenger playing with the one eyed dog. Cripes, I tried but even that sounds inappropriate.

TigerPackLeader
December 1st, 2009, 15:27
Ed, your landing light looks interesting. Is that editing or do you have some flashy lighting going on?

dandog
December 1st, 2009, 16:48
Hey TigerPackLeader, you forgot to mention the Mikko Maule repaint. Grabbed it as well.

Thank you.

ps. One eyed dog, interesting euphemism.

TigerPackLeader
December 1st, 2009, 17:15
Hey TigerPackLeader, you forgot to mention the Mikko Maule repaint. Grabbed it as well.

Thank you.

ps. One eyed dog, interesting euphemism.

I got distracted by the Goose. And there IS a one eyed dog! Really!

TigerPackLeader
December 2nd, 2009, 05:25
My e-mail this morning shows a couple more posts to this thread from edmoore235 but they don't appear here, at least not for me, even after several refreshes.

TigerPackLeader
December 5th, 2009, 18:52
http://i931.photobucket.com/albums/ad160/LargeFierceMammal/C-GMNI_25.jpg