PDA

View Full Version : No more Indy Racing League for me

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 03:19
I won't be able to watch any more Indy Racing or my cycling on Versus, as I have DirectTV and Comcast owns Versus and would not play fair. Ergo, DirectTV has dropped Versus from its sports channels.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/article.jsp?assetId=P6220002

When will the bleeding stop and a thing such as fairness come back to the human race!

Caz

Terry
September 6th, 2009, 08:51
Dish Network carries Versus, but you have to buy the most expensive package to get it. Very dumb on the part of Indy car to go with that network. They need more viewers not less.

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2009, 09:07
Very dumb on the part of Indy car to go with that network.

I don't think the IRL really had much of a choice with how low in popularity the series has been over the last couple of years or so...

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 09:10
Dish Network carries Versus, but you have to buy the most expensive package to get it. Very dumb on the part of Indy car to go with that network. They need more viewers not less.

That was one of DirectTV's gripes, Comcast, owner of Versus, wants to charge DirectTV a 20% fee increase to carry VS, while they are not charging that high an increase to other cable and dish suppliers.

Personally, Comcast and Versus just bit off their nose to spite their face IMHO. DirectTV just picked up Universal Sports and they carry all of my cycling, the Vuelta d'Espana is on now. Plus they carry "every" stage of the Vuelta, not just highlights on Sunday. The only sport I shall miss on VS is IRL, because everything else is just trash sports as far as I am concerned. PBR and all that blood and mayhem fighting are BS sports, Universal Sports carry real athletic events.

Caz

Terry
September 6th, 2009, 12:01
At least ABC covers the biggest IRL races. Perhaps they will pick up more if the IRL improves it's show.

Cazzie
September 6th, 2009, 13:30
At least ABC covers the biggest IRL races. Perhaps they will pick up more if the IRL improves it's show.

IRL will find itself in deeper doo-doo if Danica Patrick leaves for NA$CAR, as she is perhaps the main drawing card already!

Caz

Terry
September 6th, 2009, 15:18
IRL will find itself in deeper doo-doo if Danica Patrick leaves for NA$CAR, as she is perhaps the main drawing card already!

Caz

Your right about that. But she is going to run every IRL race in 2010 as well as some stock car races.

Panther_99FS
September 6th, 2009, 16:15
It's a shame that Target/Chip Ganassi racing couldn't pick her up before NASCAR at the rumours stated

Terry
September 7th, 2009, 03:25
I'm sure she just wants to be where the money, action, and the majority of the fans are, that seems normal to me. I can't imagine a better tutor than Stewart to accomplish her goal.
I don't believe we will ever see the IRL return to the glory days of the 60's and 70's.

Panther_99FS
September 7th, 2009, 05:42
Hey Terry, I don't think I explained myself well enough in my previous response....

Anyways, what I meant to say was that I knew at some point, Danica was going to cross over to NASCAR, it's just too bad that it looks like she'll be with AGR Circus of a team instead of Target/Chip Ganassi for the remainder of her IRL career....

Terry
September 7th, 2009, 05:56
I doubt Chip would want a person he knows will be leaving. He may have doubted that he would have her full support and concentration. Michael is making money from her and a one year extension makes sense as a business deal.

Next year will be interesting on several fronts.

Panther_99FS
September 7th, 2009, 14:07
Michael is making money from her and a one year extension makes sense as a business deal.

Precisely the exact same reason why Target/Chip Ganassi was trying to get her...

MaddogK
September 9th, 2009, 13:58
Now that Montoya has found his groove in nascar perhaps time has come to get a few new rookies on the track as nascar is always shopping for a gimmick to sell to them rednecks. Legs like Danica's will go over BIG down south.

IRL was doomed when they took the big developers out of the mix, and made everyone buy those toy cars.