PDA

View Full Version : some questions about flying the Mirage

cfso002
September 5th, 2009, 17:39
yep, Roland's wonderful Mirage

1)the manual said approch at AOA 10-11 degree , touch down (or tail strike ) at AOA 15 degree (google translate said 'impack')

I start at 190 kt approch, but I use 7-8 degree AOA for approch and touch down at 11 degree . higher AOA will have the HUD block the forward view.
full fuel or half fuel. 190kt-180kt approch. touch down at 160kt. sometime 140 for nearly 15degree AOA.
I put the slat switch under the throttle at auto position,and spoiler down.
what AOA you guys use in approch?.

2)and , how to silent the lady calling 'pullup pullup'? I had copy the F18 sound directory to mirage's place, and killed the sound.cfg 's [GPWS] paragraph . but the lady still there.

3) I tried multiplayer with my friend. but the mirage freeze. I'm hosting , I can see his mirage in proper skin, but he can`t see me , and when he move, I saw his plane is always freeze in the original place.
then I let him rejoin with a F16, now he looks and moves OK. do you guys have this problem?

Matt Wynn
September 5th, 2009, 18:56
about the same but heres an approach tip hit shift+return and it raises the viewpoint, handy for them approaches :jump:

dhazelgrove
September 6th, 2009, 00:00
There is a way of killing the GPWS system, but it's a little drastic - if simple.
We're not allowed to publish any modifications to the Mirage, so you'll have to PM me for details on how to do it.

Dave

Xilence
September 6th, 2009, 09:17
I have an idea about how to silence the GPWS. I'm not sure about this, and I'm currently in the proces of reïnstalling FSX, so I can't check it for you.

But there were some files Rollus had you put in the "Flight Simulator X/Sounds" folder. Those sounds are, for example, even active when you press "q" to disable the sound. I think you should look there for the right file and change the name or something like that.

Again, I don't know if this is the answer and doing anything following my directions is completely at your own risk :engel016:

peter12213
September 6th, 2009, 15:13
With regard to landing make sure the leading edge slats are down if you've got them set to auto there not deployed, you need to click the switch before you start to land.
Use the TSS mirage F1 sound its much better than the default and theres no GPWS nagging at you either!