PDA

View Full Version : PMDG Jetstream 41!

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 05:48
It's coming today according to Robert Randazzo! :jump::jump::jump:

They released the manuals this morning too: http://75.126.63.20/file_library/documentation/PMDG_J41_PDF_DOCS.zip

Hopefully more of you guys here will be interested in this one as its less of a t00b than the MD-11 or 747.

ryanbatc
September 4th, 2009, 05:53
It looks interesting from the shots I've seen. I wonder how the fps will be. I sorta wish they did a Saab 340 but the BAe is very similar to that one. And the guy was a pilot on the jetstream so that's why they did it.

Hopefully the price is right

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 05:55
Hopefully the price is right

45 USD! Much better indeed. :applause:

FPS-wise, it is supposed to be better than their MD-11, which performs admirably for what it is.

ryanbatc
September 4th, 2009, 06:00
Pricey, but not too bad in comparison with what I would define as "high quality" addons this day in age hehe

HQ addons like Citation Mustang, Lotus L39, RealAir Duke etc

Tim-HH
September 4th, 2009, 06:02
They have also released a nice video :) :

Pz70U66si4U

Greetings
Tim

BOOM
September 4th, 2009, 06:09
Great!!! Thanks very much for the info!

Smudge
September 4th, 2009, 06:15
Weee, I' sold...t that's my pressie to myself once the Christen Eagle is done.. :D

ryanbatc
September 4th, 2009, 07:42
I was reading through the manual and you can put airways into the FMC!!! Wooohooo! That's a first I think.... not even the F1 Mustang can do that...

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 07:47
I was reading through the manual and you can put airways into the FMC!!! Wooohooo! That's a first I think.... not even the F1 Mustang can do that...

Just about every addon with a FMC out there allows you to enter airways... :icon_lol::ernae:

ryanbatc
September 4th, 2009, 07:51
Just about every addon with a FMC out there allows you to enter airways... :icon_lol::ernae:

Hmmmm, I use the LevelD and Super80 - AFAIK you can't do it with them. Or maybe it's a classic case of PEBKAC :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 07:53
Hmmmm, I use the LevelD and Super80 - AFAIK you can't do it with them. Or maybe it's a classic case of PEBKAC :icon_lol:

Check under the "Via" column in your plan pages ;)

IanP
September 4th, 2009, 08:26
Sorry Ryan... Certainly with the LDS it's a PEBKAC or **** error. I don't have the Super80 pro with the FMS, but all the other FMS equipped aircraft I have you can enter airways with. On a Boeing or MDD with a Smiths FMC (Airbii, Embraers, Bombardiers, etc. differ) then pressing page down on the route page accesses the flight planning pages. Enter the airway in the left hand column, which should put boxes opposite in the right hand column to show a mandatory entry, then put the exit point for the route in the right hand column where the boxes are. Continue until plan complete. The LDS manual, I seem to remember, was very good at showing you how to do this (in FS9, at least... I've never read the one for FSX!!!)

One thing that regularly seems to have been overlooked is that there is actually a gauge pack (by Ernie Alston, who did the one in this JS41) that can be installed to any FS9 or FSX aircraft (and includes airway nav...) - http://secure.simmarket.com/ernie-alston-integrated-simavionics-group-1-(isg1).phtml (http://secure.simmarket.com/ernie-alston-integrated-simavionics-group-1-%28isg1%29.phtml)

It's far from perfect, but I bought it and have installed it into the default CRJ and B738 and it definitely works.

It looks like I have to part with more money I can't afford for this model, though. :)

Edit: Ryan - the attachment shows a partially completed flight plan from EGAA to EDDV in the CS B757. The LDS system is programmed in exactly the same way.

shackleton_boy
September 4th, 2009, 08:36
i'm sitting here refreshing the product page ever 10 mins... cant wait :D

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 16:51
AAAAAAAAND she's out!!! :medals:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=13&idproduct=56

Just a warning though... the download speeds are AWFUL right now due to traffic.

wantok
September 4th, 2009, 17:25
Wohoo! been waiting for this one. Thanks for the HU, guys.

Pepere
September 4th, 2009, 17:25
I'd like to see some FPS reviews - plane looks awesome but if you can't fly?

David

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 17:29
I'd like to see some FPS reviews - plane looks awesome but if you can't fly?

David

Well if it ever finishes downloading, I'll report back! :mixedsmi:

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 18:09
OOOOOOOOOK... my initial report.

This thing looks incredible. Easily one of the best pieces of art available for FSX.

The good thing is, its not only art. You can actually fly it! At first I was terrified by the 20 FPS I was getting. I went into the configuration manager and killed a couple of the options and lowered the refresh rate sliders and I'm getting 30+ fps in the VC on the ground. So PMDG's claim of scalable performance is definitely true. Anyone running a 3 GHz dual core or better shouldn't have any problems with this plane.

Another quick note, the way they implemented the RXP weather radar is genius.

Back to flying! :medals:

Scratch
September 4th, 2009, 18:16
Don't forget some screenies when you get the chance!

Pepere
September 4th, 2009, 18:22
It's Miller Time! :icon29:

David

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 18:38
Here's a few screenies. Two with the FPS just to show that I'm not just making it up. :wiggle:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/J41_1.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/J41_2.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/J41_3.jpg

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 18:55
I had a strange suspicion that unlocking my FPS in this plane would result in smoother performance...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/J41_4.jpg

What a difference that made! :173go1:

shackleton_boy
September 4th, 2009, 20:12
nice one :D busy downloading now :ernae:

Felixthreeone
September 4th, 2009, 20:12
What kind of frames with live weather? Active sky and REX? Anyone know yet or try? I am very curious....

Kiwikat
September 4th, 2009, 20:36
What kind of frames with live weather? Active sky and REX? Anyone know yet or try? I am very curious....

That is with REX textures and FSX's real world weather. It just happened to be clear. :173go1: I have yet to try it with ASX though.

Felixthreeone
September 4th, 2009, 21:12
Let me know... I am interested....

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 07:05
Very very well done - but it really hit me in FPS even in low res options? I have an older puter!

David

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 07:09
Very very well done - but it really hit me in FPS even in low res options? I have an older puter!

David

Could you post a screenshot of the config manager with your settings? There's a real chance your 3 GB of slow ram is killing you here... though I'm curious what you've got set in the config manager.

shackleton_boy
September 5th, 2009, 07:30
so who can get the fmc to follow the flight plan?

gajit
September 5th, 2009, 07:42
Hi Chaps - Are there any reflections in the VC glass?

IanP
September 5th, 2009, 07:44
I had a severe frame rate hit, but it's not unusable. C2D E8600 @ 3.33GHz, 6Gb RAM, 1Gb ATI 3870X2, Vista64. I was down to single figures approaching EGBB in fair weather, with about 50% traffic turned on (JF TrafficX).

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 09:20
Also FSX crashes after I use the plane and try to exit FSX or load another aircraft? Not pretty!

Kiwikat MY SETTINGS ARE:

Panel Options: Normal Resolutions Displays and Gray Main Panel

Engine Options: None

External Model Options: Low Version

Vitual Cockpit Model Options: Low Version

EFIS Refresh Rate Sittings: All set at 28%

FPS outside are 16 inside under 10 and slow as 5 - Yuck

David

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 09:41
Also FSX crashes after I use the plane and try to exit FSX or load another aircraft? Not pretty!

Kiwikat MY SETTINGS ARE:

Panel Options: Normal Resolutions Displays and Gray Main Panel

Engine Options: None

External Model Options: Low Version

Vitual Cockpit Model Options: Low Version

EFIS Refresh Rate Sittings: All set at 28%

FPS outside are 16 inside under 10 and slow as 5 - Yuck

David

What kind of dual core is your computer? An Intel Core 2 or one of the old Pentium Duals? It makes a huge difference. I'm not too sure what you could do to squeeze more performance out of it besides changing your FSX settings or upgrading your hardware. If you've got the J41 set that low already, there's not much else you can do.

Here are my settings:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/J41settings.jpg

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 10:31
Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00Gz

Oh, well!

David

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 10:38
Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00Gz

Yeah, that's definitely why you're getting such low FPS. I wish I had a magic fix for you. :frown:

taseal
September 5th, 2009, 10:41
looks like a nice plane! with my comp (C2D at 3 ghz and 4gb ram) I think she'll handle fine with few things turned down. I run with no traffic anyways....

too bad its not TOO popular of a plane.... I wish they did a Fokker 50 or the saab 340 or something, oh well =/

Oli-TUB
September 5th, 2009, 12:06
What is it always with the popularity of planes? Do you rather get a as-close-to-perfection-J41 or a plain-fare-Airbus. Not that a Fokker or Saab is more popular than the J41. Just take the J41 for what it is ... the best regional airliner addon. And one that is suprisingly fps-friendly too. I get really nice rates (20-30fps) on a 4lbs-notebook. And last but not least, it's sanely priced by the devs. :applause:

ryanbatc
September 5th, 2009, 12:27
Not that I'm surprised (because my PC is getting older and older) but 30 fps on your PC means probably 14-18 fps on mine. Isn't yours clocked to 4+ Ghz if I recall?

Oli-TUB
September 5th, 2009, 12:33
Not sure who you're asking. Me? If so, I've to disappoint you. I'm flying on a small subnotebook with 2.53GHz DualCore (P9500), 4GB RAM and a NV9600GT. Not sure what an AMD6000+ compares to but in respect to GPU, HDD and RAM you're faster than me.

I don't really know what plane to compare with but for me there is a 5-10fps penalty in this over the FSX default airliners depending on situation and viewing angle etc. That's not too shabby given the detail and system simulation in here.

I don't own many plane addons but the J41 sits comfy in the middle between the L39 (which is better fps-wise) and the A2A 377 (which is worse) the F1 Cessna Mustang (which is much worse). The PMDG MD-11 is also noticeably worse and doesn't have the looks.

ryanbatc
September 5th, 2009, 12:44
Not sure who you're asking. Me? If so, I've to disappoint you. I'm flying on a small subnotebook with 2.53GHz DualCore (P9500), 4GB RAM and a NV9600GT. Not sure what an AMD6000+ compares to but in respect to GPU, HDD and RAM you're faster than me..

I was writing to Kiwi... I'm guessing you (Oli -tub) and I don't run the same settings. I don't even own it yet so I'm not sure but maybe I can do something nice for my beautiful wife to get it. I already recently spent moola on the Lotus L39 - good fps and excellent systems modeling/aerodynamics.

Oli-TUB
September 5th, 2009, 13:11
Don't tell me, I also bought the L39 - great little plane. Talking about the settings, I used the same "reduced" settings as Kiwikat (normal res instruments, low external model, medium internal model, same gauge refresh). My settings for FSX are pretty high too, esp. in the scenery (including dense autogen and high.2 water) and weather (max cloud coverage etc) tab. I don't use plane self shadowing or bloom but that's about it. Any my traffic is not maxed out, I fly med-low or med-high depending on framerate.

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 13:15
I wish when they did planes like this they offered an easy to use one that worked with normal default commands. I have GoFlight modules and it does not like my autopilot or seemingly my reverse props. too bad..... Usually I end up finding a suitable VC and replace it... But so far this one is a tough one? First PMDG i've bought.

David

Oli-TUB
September 5th, 2009, 13:25
I was writing to Kiwi... I'm guessing you (Oli -tub) and I don't run the same settings. I don't even own it yet so I'm not sure but maybe I can do something nice for my beautiful wife to get it. I already recently spent moola on the Lotus L39 - good fps and excellent systems modeling/aerodynamics.

Here's a little comparison for ya, standing at PHDH with systems running ready for takeoff. The L-39 hovers around 26fps in that situation for me (sometimes goeing to 30fps and sometimes dropping to 22fps - it moves around in that area depending on what you're just doing). In the same situation the J41 achieves 20fps (moving between 16 and 24 here).

For me the J41 is 6-8fps worse than the L-39. That should give you and idea and you can do the math what it should be on your PC given your L-39 framerate.

peter12213
September 5th, 2009, 14:35
you tried changing the Pixel_size in the panel.cfg? That might work mate!

ryanbatc
September 5th, 2009, 17:08
For me the J41 is 6-8fps worse than the L-39. That should give you and idea and you can do the math what it should be on your PC given your L-39 framerate.

Thanks thats exactly what I was looking for. So I'd probably get what you get because I get similar fps in the L39 with similar to settings to what you wrote

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 17:27
Is there a way to reverse props without having to look down at the throttle and pull with your mouse while the aircraft is who knows where on the runway? :kilroy:

David

wantok
September 5th, 2009, 18:02
Is there a way to reverse props without having to look down at the throttle and pull with your mouse while the aircraft is who knows where on the runway? :kilroy:

David

You could hold the page down key for reverse detent, David. I do this every time on TD and it's perfect way to keep the nose tracking centerline when in vc.

Pepere
September 5th, 2009, 18:18
thanks so much wantok. I'll tame this beast before the night is out!!! :icon29:

David

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 18:20
Not that I'm surprised (because my PC is getting older and older) but 30 fps on your PC means probably 14-18 fps on mine. Isn't yours clocked to 4+ Ghz if I recall?

I've got my Q9550 at 3.4 GHz, 1600 FSB. Other specs are GTX280 @ stock, and 8 GB DDR2 1066. I'm not running an i7 or 100000000 MHz DDR3. :icon_lol:

Felixthreeone
September 5th, 2009, 19:30
Still no idea of frames with the settings in FSX turned up plus Active sky running and traffic at 55%? That is what i am after...and system specs...as i am computer shopping NOW for this plane specifically and want to run lots of traffic plus live weather (a must) let me know....

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 21:24
I don't know about traffic, but with ASX running, I experienced no difference in FPS.

shackleton_boy
September 5th, 2009, 21:26
Kiwi - any idea how to get the AP to slave to the FMC?

Kiwikat
September 5th, 2009, 22:04

I've not had the time to mess with the FMC yet. I've only been flying it around by hand. I hope to go through the tutorial a couple times tomorrow. Though the Cub release may delay that. :icon_lol: What an expensive weekend! :isadizzy:

shackleton_boy
September 5th, 2009, 22:11
its actually been a rather expensive 10 days :ernae:.

i think i got it but not sure yet - will do a test run later and report back

IanP
September 6th, 2009, 01:33
I read in the manual how to do it somewhere, while I was scanning through, but haven't tried it yet. I flew it using the AP, but not the FMC. I may try later after writing some more review of something else.

doublecool
September 6th, 2009, 06:56
Now that the 4100 is out it and they are working on the update I was thinking wouldn't be interesting and cool if they added the 31 and 32 as addons...are the cockpits are the same? and the body is just shorter by 8 foot or so...

Kiwikat
September 6th, 2009, 18:46
Did you figure out the FMC yet?

I had a chance to mess with it. I'm totally loving this plane and the performance. It is about time PMDG released something that performs nicely. :medals:

shackleton_boy
September 7th, 2009, 04:27
well i am about to give up on the fmc

Pepere
September 7th, 2009, 05:47
Fustrating aircraft! :kilroy:

David

Oli-TUB
September 7th, 2009, 05:55
Well that's ingenious british design at it's best. Be happy that's it's not build by Lucas. :bump:

Pepere
September 7th, 2009, 06:02
British or PMDG?:isadizzy:

David

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2009, 06:20
he means the aircratf itself not the FS Representation :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepere
September 7th, 2009, 07:29
I knew that? FS Representation:isadizzy: Visually very well done, no question - systems/operation :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

David :sleep:

IanP
September 7th, 2009, 07:37
Typically British then, if no-one can figure it out... Just be glad it's not an Avro RJ or you'd still be trying to start the APU. :engel016:

Matt Wynn
September 7th, 2009, 07:39
oh god yeah, the BAe146/RJ series are a finicky bunch, Jetstream is not so bad, shes a puppy that just needs house training in comparison :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
September 7th, 2009, 08:01
OK, for the FMC, make sure in the FPL page you've got at least a starting and ending airport.

Second, hit "plan". You'll need to enter in the reserve fuel. Then go to page 6 of the plan pages. Then enter in the payload- that is: ACM, FULL WT., AFT, POD and CLOSET added together from your load sheet. This number should be in the thousands range if you've done it right.

Next, go to the VNAV page. Select DATA?. Enter in your cruise altitude in the correct spot.

Once you've got those entered, hit Direct to on the left side. Choose your second waypoint on the list, not the starting airport. Hit enter until it shows information about the next waypoint (distance, heading, time, etc.). Once you've done that, hit the square LNAV button (above the backup altimeter), turn the left BRG knob to LNAV if you'd like, enable the AP, then hit NAV mode. It should then follow the route in the FMC. You can then also have it follow VS or IAS until your cruising altitude.

The first time through it might be a little awkward, but after a few times it should be second nature. It may seem like a lot at once, but it is much easier than learning a FMC in a heavier jet, that's for sure.

Hope this helps you guys. Any questions, just ask away. :ernae:

IanP
September 7th, 2009, 09:02
AAAARGH!!!

Got up to page 62 of the tutorial before blowing up #1 and having to reload the flight. I hadn't even released the parking brakes yet!!! :173go1:

OK. Try again. You wouldn't believe that I flew this thing happily from Hawarden to Birmingham last night, would you?

EgoR64
September 7th, 2009, 09:25
:ernae: Nice Bird -

Kiwikat covered it - This was me playing, a Very Fun Bird, the Pit is a Little Heavy on my FPS.

# Goto Airport
# Turn on FMC
# Enter 3-Times
# If no FPL -
# Highlight and Enter on Depart
# Type in Airport ID - Enter All the Way Through making your selections or Take all the Defaults and then Enter on Select -
# Highlight and Enter Arrive -
# Type in Airport ID - Enter all the Way Though Making your Selection or Take the Defaults and then Enter on Select -
# HighLight and Enter on SAVE FPL -
# Enter on OK ?
# Click on PLAN -
# Highlight and Enter on the 0 to enter your Reserve - Hit Enter when Done
# Click the NXT Button until on 6/6 of PLAN Enter your PAYLOAD - Hit Enter When Done
# Click on the VNAV Button -
# Highlight and Enter on the DATA -
# Enter Cruise Altitude - whatever you want - Hit Enter
# Verify your FPA - Enter
# you can Click the DTO here as well and Highlight the next in Line Waypoint Press Enter - This will be the First Waypoint the FMC fly's to -
# Should be good reduce the FMC - Match the ALT Button with your Cruising Altitude if you want -
# Do all your Start up Procedures, Cleareance what ever you need to get the bird in the Air -
# You can do this prior to turning on the AP - or Before takeoff for me but you will want to click the LNAV button Directly at you 12:00
Right Below the AP/TRAIN PWR Button in Red - This will Change the 2nd Display to LNAV mode.
# Make sure you set your HDG Bug to your Runway - The HDG Sync Button is Good
# Get her up in the Air Positive Rate of Climb and Around 170 knots click on the IAS in the FDIR
# Click on the HDG Button in the FDIR to Maintain your Runway Heading
# Click on your ALT/SEL button
# When you feel a Descent Postive Rate of Climb you can hit the AP Engage Button in the Middle Console right above the Flaps Switch.
# You may have to fuss a Little with your Rate of Climb Inc/Dec knob to get a Descent Rate of Climb -
# When all is Good Simply turn off the HDG in the FDIR and Click on the NAV Button, Should follow the FMC Flight Plan - the Nav Should stick and you should be in LNAV Mode.

FYI - Just my Technique, My rate of climb was all over the place - Still Learning -

Cheers !!

Pepere
September 7th, 2009, 09:55
Reverse prop... The Page Down key does not put the throttle lever into the reverso prop position. How do you do reverse the porps??????? How do you get the throttle lever into that position without using a mouse?

David :isadizzy:

IanP
September 7th, 2009, 10:11
Try F2 - "Throttle reduce slowly". That's the default programmed key.

I know we're all effectively engineers here, and reading the finagling manual is against the rules, but this one - or at least the much shorter tutorial - is actually worth the effort. It ain't no Boeing, Jim. ;)

("Passing ten thousand feet, Captain.")

Kiwikat
September 7th, 2009, 11:58
This was me playing, a Very Fun Bird, the Pit is a Little Heavy on my FPS.

FYI - Just my Technique, My rate of climb was all over the place - Still Learning

You would probably have better results using the VS hold and controlling speed with the throttle.

What settings are you using in the configuration manager? Do you have FPS unlocked?

Pepere
September 7th, 2009, 13:15
Try F2 - "Throttle reduce slowly". That's the default programmed key.

I know we're all effectively engineers here, and reading the finagling manual is against the rules, but this one - or at least the much shorter tutorial - is actually worth the effort. It ain't no Boeing, Jim. ;)

("Passing ten thousand feet, Captain.")

Manual? What's that? In reality I did read over that part and could find no reference to what keys to press. It just told what I had aught to do not how to do it. At least that's what I found. they wrote the manual like it's the real thing. Get a grip - this is FSX and they are key to press :isadizzy:

David

EgoR64
September 7th, 2009, 14:57
You would probably have better results using the VS hold and controlling speed with the throttle.

What settings are you using in the configuration manager? Do you have FPS unlocked?

Hi Kiwikat,

Your way worked well, with the vs and controlling the speed - thanks.

I did see in the Configuration to reduce the pit to normal textures, a little better, in the 14-15 fps range, I may tweak the Config, to see if it helps, just my old rig.

----------------------

Getting funner with every flight, Nice Bird -

The Passengers in the cabin is a Cool touch -

----------------------

taseal
September 7th, 2009, 16:53
is the FPS same as the mustang? if so, I probably can't fly this thing.... most said about 5fps less tjhan L39 which should be like low 20s for me on the ground, about 28-30 in the air

Kiwikat
September 7th, 2009, 17:58
is the FPS same as the mustang? if so, I probably can't fly this thing.... most said about 5fps less tjhan L39 which should be like low 20s for me on the ground, about 28-30 in the air

I get FAR more fps with this plane than with the citation mustang. :kilroy:

ryanbatc
September 7th, 2009, 18:32

I think the Mustang is the hardest plane on FPS in the VC, at least if we're talking native FSX acft.

Kiwikat
September 7th, 2009, 18:50
I think the Mustang is the hardest plane on FPS in the VC, at least if we're talking native FSX acft.

The PMDG 747X and CS 757 are worse for me, but not my much.

taseal
September 8th, 2009, 07:56

ok sweet...

too bad nobody in the US flies this thing ugh :(

JamesChams
September 8th, 2009, 08:39
Gents,

Have a look in the download/Liveries section of the PMDG website Here -> http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/liveries.html

There are (currently) 16 FREE repaints that weren't included in the model and are really nice looking. :mixedsmi:

Enjoy! :wavey:

shackleton_boy
September 9th, 2009, 02:42
OK, for the FMC, make sure in the FPL page you've got at least a starting and ending airport.

Second, hit "plan". You'll need to enter in the reserve fuel. Then go to page 6 of the plan pages. Then enter in the payload- that is: ACM, FULL WT., AFT, POD and CLOSET added together from your load sheet. This number should be in the thousands range if you've done it right.

Next, go to the VNAV page. Select DATA?. Enter in your cruise altitude in the correct spot.

Once you've got those entered, hit Direct to on the left side. Choose your second waypoint on the list, not the starting airport. Hit enter until it shows information about the next waypoint (distance, heading, time, etc.). Once you've done that, hit the square LNAV button (above the backup altimeter), turn the left BRG knob to LNAV if you'd like, enable the AP, then hit NAV mode. It should then follow the route in the FMC. You can then also have it follow VS or IAS until your cruising altitude.

The first time through it might be a little awkward, but after a few times it should be second nature. It may seem like a lot at once, but it is much easier than learning a FMC in a heavier jet, that's for sure.

Hope this helps you guys. Any questions, just ask away. :ernae:

:ernae::icon29:

spot on! thanks man... it works great :D:medals:

gajit
September 11th, 2009, 11:49
This to me is an amazing product. The screen shots dont really do it justice and now there are repaints it looks even better. Just the VC night lighting options alone make it stand out from the rest - even captain sim. Well done PMDG :ernae:

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Jetstreamdusk.jpg

waka172rg
September 11th, 2009, 22:53
Thanks for the frame rate issue now i need help my wx radar and fmc wont turn on any thoughts my next step is reinstall thort id ask b4 i do it?:engel016:

IanP
September 12th, 2009, 02:03
The FMC is a power button - top row, middle button. If you can't see it in the VC, you can click the middle of the screen to pop it up.

The weather radar is not functional as part of this release.

ryanbatc
September 12th, 2009, 12:20
Unless you happen to have the Reality XP Wx Radar

http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/wx500/index.html

IanP
September 12th, 2009, 12:25
Or you could probably use the Captain Sim one either, but there isn't one in the package released by PMDG... ;)

some1
September 12th, 2009, 12:28
Installing Captain Sim weather radar: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=259688

taseal
September 12th, 2009, 16:42
Can I get some night VC shots?

tigisfat
September 12th, 2009, 21:18
Are there any downsides to this product? Is there anything not working?

some1
September 13th, 2009, 00:07
Some minor bugs are listed here: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=260162

And if you ask what features are missing, then FMC HOLD page is not working. FMC state is not saved in flight.

EgoR64
September 13th, 2009, 13:26
Nice paints - Dusk & night pics of the VC -

Cheers !! :ernae:

taseal
September 13th, 2009, 16:30
is there a no flood, only gauges/buttons light up?

RudiJG1
September 13th, 2009, 17:26

There is a panel floodlight along with map lights as well.

tigisfat
September 13th, 2009, 17:31

I see the flood lights very well. If anything is lit besides the gauges themseles, then that's a floodlight.

Is there an option to have just the gauges' lighting and no floods? I don't know any pilots that fly with the floods on; it's kinda unrealistic.

ryanbatc
September 13th, 2009, 17:49
I'm pretty sure I've seen screen shots with just gauge backlighting somewhere....

I'm 95% sure there is an option for that

yeah theres a pic on their main page

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/prod/fsx/js4100.html

EgoR64
September 13th, 2009, 18:50
:icon29: -

Cheers -

ryanbatc
September 14th, 2009, 05:55
Just think if this product had L39 landing lights..... :)

Zorg_DK
September 16th, 2009, 10:16
Just think if this product had L39 landing lights..... :)

How about getting A2A's 3dlights?

ryanbatc
September 17th, 2009, 06:31
noooo

Have you seen the L39 lights?

JamesChams
September 24th, 2009, 19:10
Installing Captain Sim weather radar: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=259688
Thanks Mr. Mike "some1,"
I wanted to be able to do this...without having to buy another WX radar addon. I already own the CaptainSim one.

I also saw some of those "bugs" you mentioned... but, this was too good a model to wait for (and it was my Birthday... so, I couldn't resist).:jump:

My 1st PMDG product and what a product it is.:applause::medals:

Nice screen shots everyone. :wavey:
Here is mine with the CaptainSim Wx Radar in the VC! :engel016:

waka172rg
September 25th, 2009, 15:30
Hay guys can you help i brought Cap sims WX radar lastnight and went to put it in works fine but dose not come up in the VC?

This is in the Panel config folder
// VC SECTION 2
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[VCockpit02]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$GaugeTwo
background_color=0,0,0
gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0, 0, 197, 250
gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 197, 0, 197, 250
gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1, 254, 256, 204
gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 448, 0, 64, 254
gauge04=WXR!wr_display, 532, 528, 472, 331
gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 460,229,27,17

Same with the HIDEF Panel

This is the LODEF Panel

// VC SECTION 2
[VCockpit02]
size_mm=512,512
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$GaugeTwo
background_color=0,0,0
gauge00=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_1, 0, 0, 197, 250
gauge01=j41!pmdg_j41_rmu_2, 197, 0, 197, 250
gauge02=PMDG_BAe_JS4100_3!GNSXLS, 1, 254, 256, 204
gauge03=j41!pmdg_j41_alt_pic, 448, 0, 64, 254
gauge04=WXR!wr_display, 266, 264, 236, 166
gauge05=j41!pmdg_j41fms_pu_open, 460,229,27,17
help
Cheers
Blake:ernae:

JamesChams
September 25th, 2009, 19:28
Mr. Blake "waka172rg,"

You FIRST need to install the Wx Radar using the CaptainSim's WxR Editor into aircraft panel, IF you haven't already done so. Next, leave your other modification alone as they appear to be correct. Finally, TURN the Wx Radar ON within its own 2D Pop-up panel, then your modification should work...

Good Luck! :wavey:

some1
September 26th, 2009, 01:08
Note that you have to apply the same panel.cfg modification to the files panel_HIRES and panel_LOWRES which are used by PMDG configurator. Otherwise, you'll loose the radar after changing plane configuration.

waka172rg
September 26th, 2009, 04:18
Thanks James and Mike i thought to my self what if i put the numbers 266, 264, 236, 166 in my regular panel con fig folder and boom it worked ha ha.
I'm loving it seeing the big red CB Thunderstorms:monkies:
Once again thanks
Blake

JIMJAM
September 26th, 2009, 07:06
Dont shoot me but :tgun2:
From what Ive read there is no cnt e starting. Is there a saved flight with the plane running and ready to roll? Does freeflight start with the plane up and running?
I enjoy systems as much as everyone but simply do not have the time or patience.
I buy the high end paywares mainly for their attention to graphics detail,immersive sounds and quality FM. After the Nemeth russian helis 2 hr startup procedure that is still burned into my brain, I simply do not have the desire or time to go through the effort.

Kiwikat
September 26th, 2009, 09:26
Dont shoot me but :tgun2:
From what Ive read there is no cnt e starting. Is there a saved flight with the plane running and ready to roll? Does freeflight start with the plane up and running?
I enjoy systems as much as everyone but simply do not have the time or patience.
I buy the high end paywares mainly for their attention to graphics detail,immersive sounds and quality FM. After the Nemeth russian helis 2 hr startup procedure that is still burned into my brain, I simply do not have the desire or time to go through the effort.

My J41 always starts up started-up. :bump:

There's still a few things you need to do before takeoff but they are very minor.

JIMJAM
September 26th, 2009, 10:05
Thats good to know. My system a i7,Vista 64 can run at full settings with most any plane at 25-30 smooth. Wonder how this plane will run in TongassX? Does the performance compare to their 747,A2a 377 and simular.

Kiwikat
September 26th, 2009, 10:07
Does the performance compare to their 747,A2a 377 and simular.

I find it to be considerably better than their 747X and noticeably better than the a2a 377. This is of course with my J41 config manager adjusted, and not at 100%.

JIMJAM
September 26th, 2009, 10:20
Man this is hard to resist. The screens and vids Ive seen of the vc look incredible.

gajit
September 26th, 2009, 11:46
Man this is hard to resist. The screens and vids Ive seen of the vc look incredible.

I am really fussy - look at my comments re the new Learjet - this Jetstream is excellent in so many ways - even down to superb night lighting.

I dont enjoy fantastic FPS but I still love it - but it does perform better on my PC than the Aerosoft Mustang.

JIMJAM
September 26th, 2009, 15:05
I do not mind paying for quality. Even though I am not a systems junkie or rivet counter, usually someone who pays close attention to those also takes time to do the flight mdel and sound right.
Lately I have been seeing alot of these generic looking,flat lifeless panels and vr cockits. Reminds me of good ol Alphasims vintage stuff. At one time I bought just about every cold war era jet from them because they were easy on the computer and cheap.
But when compared to the PMDGs and A2As of the world, they had better bring their prices back inline. Compare the PMDG with some of the latest flat panel releases that want almost as much.I really wanted a Lear 24 as I have alot of time in them but when I saw the Jetream I forgot all about the fearjet. Besides I do not think the Lear would be a good bush plane.
I am doing some reading from the manuals as we speak. Dam this plane is deep.

Pepere
September 27th, 2009, 13:09
I HAVE NOT USED THE 4100 IN A WHILE AND WHEN I DID TRY IT ASKED TO REINSERT THE KEY. I DID AND REPLY WAS UN LICENSED COPY. GET A GRIP. WHAT A PAIN. and I'm not yelling. I replaced the VC with the default 172! Ha - at least it works!

David

Motormouse
October 1st, 2009, 11:04
Now that the 4100 is out it and they are working on the update I was thinking wouldn't be interesting and cool if they added the 31 and 32 as addons...are the cockpits are the same? and the body is just shorter by 8 foot or so...

Most certainly not the same...(I'm type rated on all of them)...the 41
was a 'clean sheet' design.

Anyways if you want to see if it flies by the numbers, take a peek here
--->

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1455/SRG_FLT_CFS_271_Issue1_27072006.pdf

incidentally G-MAJA (build number 32) is 1500shp variant

ttfn

Pete

Motormouse
October 1st, 2009, 11:10

In the real one you push the Lnav key on mode select panel.
Oh, and the a/p flt/dir is/was CatII capable too, all UK ones were modified @ 1996 onwards

It wasn't a bad place to work

(back from when I sometimes had to fly for a living)

ttfn

Pete

IanP
October 1st, 2009, 11:16
Exactly the same as you do in the sim one. ;)

Kiwikat
October 17th, 2009, 15:27
J41 Service Pack 1 is out!!!

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=263826

Go get it guys! :ernae:

JamesChams
October 17th, 2009, 16:07
Thank you, Mr. Kiwikat!
Unfortunately, I have to redownload and re-install all the repaints, which is more work, but I'm glad for the fixes and the VC rain effect.:wiggle:

BTW: This NEW repaint's link is NOT downloadable but all the other 22 are

<TABLE border=0 width="97%"><TBODY><TR class=style_product_features vAlign=top><TD class=style_product_features>Atlantic Airlines (Canadian Partners)</TD><TD class=style_product_features>JS4100</TD><TD class=style_product_features>TPE-331</TD><TD class=style_product_features>6MB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JamesChams
October 20th, 2009, 10:45
Gents,

They (PMDG Staff) fixed all the repaint links for the J41 here: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages/down/liveries.html

Enjoy! :wavey:

ryanbatc
October 22nd, 2009, 08:41
So I still haven't bought this thing... Mainly for fear of low FPS.... I bought the A2A cub when this came out but I hardly fly it....ugh shoulda bought the JS41 instead.

Are there any big bugs remaining with the JS41?

Kiwikat
October 22nd, 2009, 08:57

Some people are having issues with SP1 that they weren't having with the original. I've not got any "big bugs" with it on my system though. If you're considering getting it, I'd go for it. It is an excellent aircraft. :applause:

Pepere
October 22nd, 2009, 09:10
So I still haven't bought this thing... Mainly for fear of low FPS.... I bought the A2A cub when this came out but I hardly fly it....ugh shoulda bought the JS41 instead.

I bought it and you don't have to worry about the FPS - you just don't get any!

Sorry but this one is way too much for my pc. I replace the VC with the default Lear's and I get 20+... and my GoFlight modules work now too.

David :pop4:

Kiwikat
October 22nd, 2009, 11:19
I bought it and you don't have to worry about the FPS - you just don't get any!

Sorry but this one is way too much for my pc.

That's because you're using an old Pentium dual core... :173go1: :engel016:

It isn't exactly recommended to be used on a processor that old. Though I think PMDG should specify in their system requirements that it should be a Core 2 or better.

With my Q9550 I'm getting 30-60 FPS unlocked in the VC.

harryrupert
September 15th, 2010, 05:24
Thanks James and Mike i thought to my self what if i put the numbers 266, 264, 236, 166 in my regular panel con fig folder and boom it worked ha ha.
I'm loving it seeing the big red CB Thunderstorms:monkies:
Once again thanks
Blake

Hi Blake, I have just got the JS41 and the CS weather radar. I have the same settings as you in my panel .cfg but no vc. I can access the radar through the pop up so I know its there. Can I ask from your post when you said you put those numbers in your regular panel config? where is that please.

Thanks,
Harry