PDA

View Full Version : Baxterley Farm

Matt Wynn
September 3rd, 2009, 05:18
while my other projects are on the back burners i thought i'd make a start on my local Farm strips, starting with Baxterley home to a very rare Thruxton Jackaroo... the approach can be best described as threading a needle in even the lightest winds.... anyways a couple WIP Images for you.

on the left we see the approach from a pilots perspective with Birmingham City Centre over the field, yeah FSX is fall now :icon_lol: anyways whats missing are the hedges, but apart from that minor niggle, the approach is right down that avenue of trees, oh and did i mention the runway bends after the 5th tree on the right :icon_lol: land too fast you'll hit the trees or not stop in time if you avoid them :kilroy: more to come as work progresses...

nio
September 3rd, 2009, 05:48
Nice one, Smoothie.

That dogleg should sort out the men from the boys

I have looked at the airfireld's website and attach a link to the airfield map/layout.

Looks as though you have it just right.

http://www.wingsandwheels.org.uk/maps/plan.html

best

nio

2Low
September 3rd, 2009, 06:20
A well placed sand trap and water hazard and you have a nice par 3.:icon_lol:

Looks like fun Smoothie.

Matt Wynn
September 3rd, 2009, 07:40
as a nice little visual extra I thought what could be better than a flock or two of birds in the local area to dodge... be real nice I might add the connecting road in :icon_lol: anyways heres the first lot looking rather pleased with their new place, oh then i went on another past at their height.

Matt Wynn
September 3rd, 2009, 09:51
news! Baxterley Farm now has all its trees, now does anyone know where i can find some hedges? :jump:

falcon409
September 3rd, 2009, 11:39
The default library has a whole series of different "bushes", but actual hedges. . .don't think so and the only stuff I've come across looks like a brick wall painted green, lol.

peter12213
September 3rd, 2009, 11:47
Looking good mate, watch ya elbows mind! lol.:ernae:

Matt Wynn
September 3rd, 2009, 11:48
yeah it leaves me wondering if the old FS9 UKVFR Autogen pack would work....

EDIT: seems to be a no-go off to 3DS or FSDS i go to make a nice new box hedge...