PDA

View Full Version : Icarus P38 as well?

SpaceWeevil
September 1st, 2009, 23:07
I don't visit Icarus' site very often, so I was surprised by this. You know how it is when you wait ages for a bus and then three come along at once? No screenies yet, the link points to a picture of a real P38.

http://www.icarusgold.com/FS/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=16&thread_id=51

gajit
September 1st, 2009, 23:12
Oh good :jump: :jump: :jump:

PRB
September 2nd, 2009, 03:59
Ok, that’s it. I’m officially volunteering to be “Payware FS Aircraft Development Coordination Czar” (PAFISADC). My official duties will include issuing directives to payware developers such as: “Ok, ABC is building a P-38J, so you guys at DEF have to make something else.” Followed by “ok, if you insist on making a P-38, make a model that isn’t done yet, like a P-38F.” The other part of my official duties will be to help sell these planes, since evidently the conclusion has been reached down in the deep smoke-filled basements of all payware companies that P-38Js will sell, but not P-38Fs, and only B-17Gs will sell, not B-17Es or (heaven forbid) a B-17C or D. So I will tell epic tales of B-17Cs Ds, and Es over the dark and forbidding skies of the Philippines in 1942, and of P-38Fs shooting down the architect of the Pearl Harbor attack (not Js), and of valiant and courageous pilots of RAAF Buffaloes over Singapore, Vindicators and Devastators at Midway, B-25Cs over New Guinea (not Js).
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Ok, daydream over. Back to work… :d

vstudios
September 2nd, 2009, 05:18
hired

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 05:29
Yep, you're hired here too.

Slug Flyer
September 2nd, 2009, 06:14
http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/61fps/2009/01/facepalm.jpg

gajit
September 2nd, 2009, 08:06
:applause::applause::applause:

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 08:23
Ok, that’s it. I’m officially volunteering to be “Payware FS Aircraft Development Coordination Czar” (PAFISADC). My official duties will include issuing directives to payware developers such as: “Ok, ABC is building a P-38J, so you guys at DEF have to make something else.” Followed by “ok, if you insist on making a P-38, make a model that isn’t done yet, like a P-38F.” The other part of my official duties will be to help sell these planes, since evidently the conclusion has been reached down in the deep smoke-filled basements of all payware companies that P-38Js will sell, but not P-38Fs, and only B-17Gs will sell, not B-17Es or (heaven forbid) a B-17C or D. So I will tell epic tales of B-17Cs Ds, and Es over the dark and forbidding skies of the Philippines in 1942, and of P-38Fs shooting down the architect of the Pearl Harbor attack (not Js), and of valiant and courageous pilots of RAAF Buffaloes over Singapore, Vindicators and Devastators at Midway, B-25Cs over New Guinea (not Js).
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Ok, daydream over. Back to work… :d

Please hire me a a "sub-contractor"!!:icon_lol:

Prowler1111
September 2nd, 2009, 09:45
...The other part of my official duties will be to help sell these planes, since evidently the conclusion has been reached down in the deep smoke-filled basements of all payware companies...

No..we use it for poker, pizza and beer..absolutely NO PLANE talk down there:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Prowler

stiz
September 2nd, 2009, 10:07
what about ... freedom of choice for the potential customer :engel016:

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 11:01
I welcome to competition, but it seems they are after a different market segment then we are. Also, they haven't released a screen shot yet, and we are well underway in the beta process.

In the end, competition is always good for the consumers. I look forward to winning ;)

Kavehpd
September 2nd, 2009, 11:19
I don't see a problem, really. This is like all the Nemeth Huey arguments. There was a gap in the market and they were quick enough to fill it. AeroSoft or Dodo Sim may or may not release a better product later on. But for now, if you want it, Nemeth is the only choice.

Same story here... First one to release this thing deserves every penny it can take.

Now if you'll excuse me please, I need to go and check AlphaSim's front page for more "coming soon" and "imminent release" news.

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 12:17
I dont think its always true that the first one wins. A lot of people will wait for what they feel is a superior product to be launched later. I see a few people in the P-51 and Connie threads saying that they will wait for X company to release it, based off of past products that were superior. Luckly, they wont need to wait for the superior product this time around, since it will be out first ;)

Tim-HH
September 2nd, 2009, 12:45
Is it really necessary that the Milviz guys are "hijacking" every P-38 thread in this forum to tell that their P-38 is by far the superior one...? :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the Icarus P-38!

Greetings
Tim

SpaceWeevil
September 2nd, 2009, 12:56
So, to sum up then before the mods hit the killswitch (please!) - Icarus are doing a P38 as well. I just thought you'd like to know, but I'm also kind of sorry I mentioned it.

djscoo
September 2nd, 2009, 13:02
what about ... freedom of choice for the potential customer :engel016:
:iidea:!

IanP
September 2nd, 2009, 13:08
I have to say, constant hijacking of threads about other developers' projects annoys me, as well.

Thanks for letting us know about this one, SW... I may not be Icarus's greatest fan, but have no objection at all to having a choice of aircraft with different design philosophies. Some may work better for what I want than others. I'll wait and see!

Cheers!:icon29:

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 13:09
Is it really necessary that the Milviz guys are "hijacking" every P-38 thread in this forum to tell that their P-38 is by far the superior one...? :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the Icarus P-38!

Greetings
Tim

Not necessary at all. But im still allowed my opinion on any thread, just like any user.

djscoo
September 2nd, 2009, 13:11
Not necessary at all. But im still allowed my opinion on any thread, just like any user.

Except your opinions have a greater effect on product sales...

krazycolin
September 2nd, 2009, 13:23
Not sure how our opinion of our own products has an effect on sales... That's all up to you as the clients (potential or otherwise).

I think that if anyone wants to make a P-38, more power to them.

I also think that Icarus, like SU, will make a very nice P-38. I don't think it's fair for us Dev's to make the comparison between our product and theirs, however, and Kevin has been reprimanded for doing so.

And just so you know, before anyone says that I have done so myself, it was not before the comparison was made by SU on "our" P-38 thread. Anyone who wishes to dispute this, please contact me via pm for a complete analysis of that thread.

kc

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 13:23
Except your opinions have a greater effect on product sales...

I dont think so. I think my work has more effect on sales then my words. I can talk till im blue about how "great" my work is, but in the end, it wont sell a single aircraft till I put my money were my mouth is.

But ill leave this thread alone.

Bomber_12th
September 2nd, 2009, 13:27
Icarus, I'm looking forward to seeing your P-38 develop, and the first shots you make available of it! ;)

djscoo
September 2nd, 2009, 13:29
I haven't purchased an Icarus aircraft yet, but I'll surely get this one!

IanP
September 2nd, 2009, 13:42
And just so you know, before anyone says that I have done so myself, it was not before the comparison was made by SU on "our" P-38 thread.

I hope you don't mean the Sky Unlimited P-38 thread that you tried to hijack and got told off for doing so there as well, Colin?

Once is a mistake. Twice? Not so much. This is an Icarus P-38 thread. Still not a MilViz one. Can we keep it that way?

gajit
September 2nd, 2009, 14:05
Odd - i thought i was at SOH - my mistake :mixedsmi:

Where we can compare and discuss products in a way that can allow the opportunity to make informed decisions and consider what may or may not be worth purchasing.

Roger
September 2nd, 2009, 14:31
Rather worryingly nothing has been seen of Icarus for a while now, even at his own site? Hope he is well.

gajit
September 2nd, 2009, 14:34
I saw him looking at this forum earlier

empeck
September 2nd, 2009, 14:39
Not sure how our opinion of our own products has an effect on sales... That's all up to you as the clients (potential or otherwise).

Sorry, this is going to be rude comment. Your opinions has an effect on sales. You've lost one customer, me. Even though I like P-38's very much, I'm not going to buy 'the best P-38 out there' because I'm really tired about your comments about others people work, and how your work is better than theirs.

Kavehpd
September 2nd, 2009, 14:41
Odd - i thought i was at SOH - my mistake :mixedsmi:

Where we can compare and discuss products in a way that can allow the opportunity to make informed decisions and consider what may or may not be worth purchasing.

Exactly. This "our" thread/"their" thread nonsense is childish and not at all what I signed up for.

Gibbage
September 2nd, 2009, 14:48
Sorry, this is going to be rude comment. Your opinions has an effect on sales. You've lost one customer, me. Even though I like P-38's very much, I'm not going to buy 'the best P-38 out there' because I'm really tired about your comments about others people work, and how your work is better than theirs.

I had to read the thread a 2nd time, but I dont see were Colin insulted anyone's work. Can you point that out? In fact, he said
I also think that Icarus, like SU, will make a very nice P-38.. I think your over reacting just a little. If anything, it was me, and I have been reprimanded BY COLIN to not do so.

For taking this thread off-track, I apologize. I try to stay out of other developers threads, but sometimes I get too passionate about some things. But please, dont blame others for what I did/said, and please dont discredit an entire teams work just for the words of one passionate artist. Again, competition is a good thing for the customer, and I look forward to seeing what Icarus bring to the table.

Roger
September 2nd, 2009, 14:49
Exactly. This "our" thread/"their" thread nonsense is childish and not at all what I signed up for.

It's simple really. It's just bad manners for threads to be hijacked especially by those who may have a vested interest.

Slug Flyer
September 2nd, 2009, 14:57
Maybe we should just put the kibosh on any and all P-38 discussion until one of the seemingly half-dozen or so models of it currently in the works are actually released, at which time I'm sure we'll all be appropriately appreciative.

Henry
September 2nd, 2009, 15:40
Hmmmm this is becoming a Challengefor me
it seems whoever has a new work in progress
gets hijacked by other devs
i would hate to have no threads, only ads and no posters
it seems some people are just so competitive that no one else
is entitled to create something, yup we can have opinions
but when we are competing thats not always seen as an opinion
i can have an opinion because i am not competing
i have nothing to gain or lose
maybe a rethink of the way we do things here is in order
to be honest im getting real peeved at this
H

Marvin Carter
September 2nd, 2009, 16:07
I post there from time to time, he is going to have some updates on the Storch VC soon!!!

MudMarine
September 2nd, 2009, 16:24
i would hate to have no threads, only ads and no posters
it seems some people are just so competitive that no one else
is entitled to create something, yup we can have opinions
but when we are competing thats not always seen as an opinion
i can have an opinion because i am not competing
i have nothing to gain or lose
maybe a rethink of the way we do things here is in order
to be honest im getting real peeved at this
H

Kinds of makes you want to loss you mind, like I did last week, doesn't it Heny!!

heywooood
September 2nd, 2009, 17:43
Looking forward to it icarus....the more P-38's we have in the mix - the more likely I am to find the one that gives me the FSX experience I am looking for.

looking forward to it absolutely

CodyValkyrie
September 2nd, 2009, 18:38
I feel like a kid in a candy store. I hope this P-38 sells well for you guys at Icarus!

empeck
September 2nd, 2009, 20:45
I had to read the thread a 2nd time, but I dont see were Colin insulted anyone's work. Can you point that out? In fact, he said . I think your over reacting just a little. If anything, it was me, and I have been reprimanded BY COLIN to not do so.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showpost.php?p=238968&postcount=22

It's not about a work in progress hijacked by other devs. It's about work in progress hijacked by MilViz guys. Is it really that hard to stay silent? I haven't seen Razbam, Iris, A2A's, Icarus and other payware guys criticizing, or commenting other payware work.

icarus
September 3rd, 2009, 01:12
Rather worryingly nothing has been seen of Icarus for a while now, even at his own site? Hope he is well.

All ok roger..sometimes i take few days of holidays as last week...

I haven't seen Razbam, Iris, A2A's, Icarus and other payware guys criticizing, or commenting other payware work.

yes infact i have no problems if there will be 200.000 new p38 or gladiator...i am not the usaaf or raf ownier. Don't see the problem to have different version of an aircraft or if there is a freeware and payware version. About still no p38 screenshots it's because i am in the middle of building or ending ten new models, westland lysander, p26 peashooter, gotha 229, pitts sb1, storch, p38, typhoon, tempest mkV , henschel 129, dh4, grumman jf-2, bytheway the p38 exist and we are finishing virtual cockpit so i am waiting this for new screeshots.

I feel like a kid in a candy store. I hope this P-38 sells well for you guys at Icarus!
hope in a video too

Cerberus
September 3rd, 2009, 01:39
I can’t wait to see the progress on the Icarus P-38. I’ve always been a person of principle, especially with my purchasing tendencies. When I am in the store I am the one that checks to see where items are made. When I am buying something on ebay I first search for the item I want by “Distance” so that I can send money to my local areas instead of some other country. I am happy to pay $10 more for an Item so that my money goes back into my home state or nearby areas. I will do without products no matter how grand and superior they are if they call into question my moral or ethical compass, but even more so I love doing business with good decent polite people, and to my knowledge Icarus has never done anything that would make me want to distance myself from them. If Icarus has a passion for the P-38 I hope they build a great one.
PRB recommended being the new Payware Coordination CZAR to prevent companies from creating duplicate aircraft. I find it ironic that some of the posters here think this is a good idea since they have already been starting their own projects full aware other companies are already working on the same type of aircraft. Why is it ok for company A to start a plane they are passionate about but they suddenly think a CZAR is needed to prevent companies like Icarus from doing the same?
<o:p></o:p>
Should I not restore a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner because other people already own them?
Like an FS airplane if I want to restore a 69 Roadrunner I might be able to do a lot of the work myself, but I still may need to raise money for a paint job or to have the engine rebuilt. Like any FS plane we also have to outsource for things like texture work, flight dynamics, and other technical aspects. These individuals like the mechanic expect a return, and money also needs to be made by the developer so that they can finance future projects, though I know very few if any people that get a decent return for the hours that they invest. That is why I refer to this as being more of a hobby and a passion. If I person is only driven by profit I can see where this hobbyist attitude would be upsetting.
Recently, in a moment of wisdom an individual in this thread had the following thing to say “were I to go into the Iris thread and say that we were making an F-16D too (we're not) wouldn't that be just a touch offensive?” Always a good idea to follow ones own advice.
To end my unnecessarily long post,
Best wishes to the Icarus Team. I hope it is the best released yet.

thunder100
September 3rd, 2009, 02:29
Before this is closed by the Admin my user thoughts to this

1.)I like variety
2.)Since FS5 a lot of time has passed.Most of remarkable planes have been done
3.)I use FSX SP2 ACC now but I understand people stay in FS9
4.)I think looking to many forums threads FS world is not growing
5.)If this is true sales figures of payware products deminish and above all you have to make a FS9 and a FSX version(Probably 2 FSX versions SP1&ACC) which is an unbelievable job even if you have the Gmax model allready.I know about what I talk.I think the not growing world is even split in 50%FS9/50% FSX
6.)in order to capture this small(er) market products are rushed now.
7.) I like the AH P-38(portover) and will not invest in other P-38's
8.)I recently bought the JF/AH Connie which is good but in some details(panel !!/animations) a rushed out product.Still bought it as I have a soft spot for Connies

If my asumptions are correct in 3 years from now 1/2 of dev's will be history and we will be much poorer then

So we do not need DEV -control we need a "better" final product which sell out the not so good

In order to decide this I use development screenshots(the untextured ones) and especially VC shots.I would make it mandatory to define a FS situation(10000 feet over KLAX AI-traffic at 50 %) and state a VC FPS figure.

So in my very personal opinion I will not buy the upcoming F-105 as I have the Alpha one and I cannot see the BIG improvement

I will buy the Carenado Saratoga and send all of my others to pension

And I will continue in our freeware Starliner/Constellation team and try to talk Manfred into an FSX Connie what smokes them all(once we have finalized the remaining FS9 ones)

Sorry about any annoyment

Roland

Owner of 200 + payware planes

Starliner/Constellation team

PRB
September 3rd, 2009, 03:48
... PRB recommended being the new Payware Coordination CZAR to prevent companies from creating duplicate aircraft. I find it ironic that some of the posters here think this is a good idea since they have already been starting their own projects full aware other companies are already working on the same type of aircraft. Why is it ok for company A to start a plane they are passionate about but they suddenly think a CZAR is needed to prevent companies like Icarus from doing the same?
Should I not restore a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner because other people already own them?
Like an FS airplane if I want to restore a 69 Roadrunner I might be able to do a lot of the work myself, but I still may need to raise money for a paint job or to have the engine rebuilt. Like any FS plane we also have to outsource for things like texture work, flight dynamics, and other technical aspects. These individuals like the mechanic expect a return, and money also needs to be made by the developer so that they can finance future projects, though I know very few if any people that get a decent return for the hours that they invest. That is why I refer to this as being more of a hobby and a passion. If I person is only driven by profit I can see where this hobbyist attitude would be upsetting...

Actually, my post was less about a czar (which was a “tongue-in-cheek” comment, hence the final sentence “daydream over, back to work”, followed by the smily, meant to the indicate the humorousness with which the post was meant to be taken(:d :) :d)) and more about the curious conclusion that seems to have been reached by many payware companies about what sells, and perhaps more to the point, what doesn’t sell. It was actually stated by one payware outfit a while back that the reason they made (another) B-17G was that it was most likely to sell. This really surprised me. Are there really people out there who would not purchase a well made B-17E, but would purchase a similarly made B-17G? Really? You see, to me, if I was about to decide what my next payware plane was going to be, and I liked B-17s, and there was already two nice B-17Gs out there, I think I would build a B-17D and then come up with an interesting and effective way to sell it. In many ways, the history behind planes that were not so successful is more interesting than the multitudes of stories about the successful ones, by which time the war’s outcome was a foregone conclusion. If not more interesting, then at least as interesting, and I would bet $1.00 that a B-17D would sell just as well as the last well made B-17G, if it was marketed effectively and creatively.
<o:p> </o:p>
Just for the record though, as a strong believer in capitalism (i.e. freedom), I am opposed to a payware coordination czar of any sort. Payware companies (often times one dude) as free individuals, get to build and charge for whatever the heck they please. I just think they’re missing out on a great opportunity by building planes that are already out there. And since it's a P-38J we're talking about in this thread, and I really really like P-38s, I will probably purchase this one when it is released.
<o:p> </o:p>
So, my post was an attempt to make that point in a humorous sort of way. But then the thread got all serious like. Looking forward to the release of this P-38, and the P-38F model thay they will make later next year! :)

Cerberus
September 3rd, 2009, 04:15
Actually, my post was less about a czar (which was a “tongue-in-cheek” comment, hence the final sentence “daydream over, back to work”, followed by the smily, meant to the indicate the humorousness with which the post was meant to be taken(:d :) :d)) and more about the curious conclusion that seems to have been reached by many payware companies about what sells, and perhaps more to the point, what doesn’t sell. It was actually stated by one payware outfit a while back that the reason they made (another) B-17G was that it was most likely to sell. This really surprised me. Are there really people out there who would not purchase a well made B-17E, but would purchase a similarly made B-17G? Really? You see, to me, if I was about to decide what my next payware plane was going to be, and I liked B-17s, and there was already two nice B-17Gs out there, I think I would build a B-17D and then come up with an interesting and effective way to sell it. In many ways, the history behind planes that were not so successful is more interesting than the multitudes of stories about the successful ones, by which time the war’s outcome was a foregone conclusion. If not more interesting, then at least as interesting, and I would bet $1.00 that a B-17D would sell just as well as the last well made B-17G, if it was marketed effectively and creatively.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
Just for the record though, as a strong believer in capitalism (i.e. freedom), I am opposed to a payware coordination czar of any sort. Payware companies (often times one dude) as free individuals, get to build and charge for whatever the heck they please. I just think they’re missing out on a great opportunity by building planes that are already out there. And since it's a P-38J we're talking about in this thread, and I really really like P-38s, I will probably purchase this one when it is released.
So, my post was an attempt to make that point in a humorous sort of way. But then the thread got all serious like. Looking forward to the release of this P-38, and the P-38F model thay they will make later next year! :)

I actually thought your idea was a great one, I was more referencing others who thought it was an good idea, but who in the past have still started projects knowing another company already has one going. So even if you could put your good idea to use the lessons of history show that people would still disregard it and we would be in the same situation we are in now. So I don’t disagree with you in the least if it were possible.

A few years back we had been publicly displaying WIP images of an aircraft of ours for well over a year. Another Company had also been working on one but they kept it more under wraps more so than we did. They started showing theirs off a few months before we were ready to release. Everything was nice and friendly we did not see the kind of behavior we have seen lately. It was two companies passionate about an airplane wanting to create their own version. In the end we ended up talking to each other via Private Message doing our best to keep up good relations so that we would not create the same aircraft as each other again.

A CZAR wouldn’t have really helped in the situation with this other Company, since some companies are afraid to release WIP images because they fear someone will try to deliberately beat them to the punch. Instead in the case of this other Company two professional companies got in contact and made arrangements so that the same type of thing wouldn’t happen again. When there is respect and professionalism present lots can be accomplished. Two things the economic times and stress have been influencing negatively.

As for the B-17’s if you are referring to Pacos and A2A's. I know Paco was working on his B-17 for a very long time, possibly even longer than A2A and most certainly longer than their FSX version. Most companies don’t disclose what they are doing until a month or so before it is ready for release. Paco on the other hand had showed his progress for years. He was a single individual with a passion for the B-17 and he created a remarkable one. Just because a large company comes along and can create something in 4 months that took him years does not mean he should not release it.

I bring all of this up because it applies to Icarus, they are already working on their virtual cockpit, who knows if they had began work on their project before the other 2 companies working on P-38's did.

dcc
September 3rd, 2009, 05:37
I just like P-38s :d

- dcc

Henry
September 3rd, 2009, 05:43

- dcc
Really i never knew that :applause::applause::applause:
LOL
H

Cerberus
September 3rd, 2009, 05:49

- dcc

Lol we know, a few years ago many people wondered what was the point in anyone doing P-38's after you created such a nice and extensive collection and to top all of that off they were free. I really appreciate your contributions to the P-38s. Of anyone I can think of you have done the most to bring to life FS P-38's. When at least 3 different companies have looked to you to help them get the most out of their P-38's that really says a whole lot.

Shylock
September 3rd, 2009, 06:40
Lol I am really laughing here because of the example you give with the Bus. That does happen all the time. Perfect comparison.

Lateral-G
September 3rd, 2009, 07:19
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/jbrundt/forum%20funny%20pics/doublefacepalm.jpg

-G-

IanP
September 3rd, 2009, 08:41
The problem with the FS world, which is thankfully still pretty much what us Brits describe as being a "cottage industry", is that we are, whether we like it or not, small in numbers and not as large in income as we'd like.

We do have to select what we buy and, as has been pointed out in a number of ways recently, both humorous and otherwise, there is a major trade-off between what sells, what doesn't and what is made and what isn't.

Famous aircraft - like the P-38, P-51 and Spitfire for example - are always going to be numerous in terms of how many people make them. They're famous for a reason, which is that they are popular. If they're popular with a developer, then the developer will probably want to make one. Given that so many projects within the FS world are started and then seriously delayed or never finished (guilty as charged, m'lud), then you're also always going to get cross-overs between different developers making the same thing as well.

The question I'd ask is whether it actually matters? I've seen a lot of vociferous complaints recently about "another Mustang" or "another P-38". "Why didn't you make a XYZ P700 instead? We've never had one of those!" - the chances are you never will, either. I'll probably never get the Avro Anson I'd like. I'll certainly never get the other things I'd like to see, because the only person who'll make them is me and I have neither the skill, nor the time to develop that skill, to make them.

I quite like the idea of a "registry" or "clearing house", but it'll never happen for a number of reasons. The first I can think of is that, as I said before, a lot of projects are either delayed or never finished. If someone says they're doing every WW2 military aircraft in history - thus blocking others from doing them in the ultimate theory - then users end up with nothing when the projects get delayed or just never appear.

The second I can think of is that as we've seen, a number of the developers in this hobby can be quite competitive... Competition is part of human nature and not having it tends to be a bad thing.

I guess the ultimate point of this long ramble is that we're always going to get competing models of the same aircraft or similar aircraft. Icarus, just as an example, posted a while ago that his models that already have direct competitors in the marketplace tend to be his best sellers.

There's no real point in complaining or getting into (CENSORED) matches. Just ask if they can make your favourite one next instead. You never know, you might discover that they like it too...

subliminalmessageAvroAnsonsubliminalmessageAvroAns onsubliminalmessageends. :engel016: :icon_lol:

icarus
September 3rd, 2009, 13:42
Icarus, just as an example, posted a while ago that his models that already have direct competitors in the marketplace tend to be his best sellers.

i wrote that models that exist also in the freeware version sell more...this worked in the fs2004 era.....actually i don't have models on competition with others....only the dragon rapide exist also in the freeware version...i never say that i sell more if the aircrafts are builded also by other payware companies.

actually i start what i want to build in that moment...if exist or don't exist in free or payware version is my last thought. seeing a project start, seeing his progress and building all the parts is the more interesting thing i can do...especially compared with my old boring office job i had

p.s. i will start also a p47 nextly and probably a spitfire or fockewulf 58 or dornier 24...because i like them

Henry
September 3rd, 2009, 13:46
actually i start what i want to build in that moment...if exist or don't exist in free or payware version is my last thought. seeing a project start, seeing his progress and building all the parts is the more interesting thing i can do...especially compared with my old boring office job i had

p.s. i will start also a p47 nextly and probably a spitfire or fockewulf 58 or dornier 24...because i like them
That's the way to do it. Please yourself and please others
H:applause:

IanP
September 3rd, 2009, 14:07
That's the way to do it. Please yourself and please others
H:applause:

Agreed wholeheartedly - and for the purposes I was referring to, Icarus, freeware is very much "the marketplace". I was just saying that another product, free or commercial, is out there competing against the one a developer is creating.

gera
September 3rd, 2009, 14:18
this is anoying......no p-38 or p-78 for me from this guy......:173go1:

MudMarine
September 3rd, 2009, 16:21

- dcc

Me to!!:applause:

Slug Flyer
September 3rd, 2009, 16:22
this is anoying......no p-38 or p-78 for me from this guy......:173go1:

Which guy? :icon_lol:

And what the devil is a P-78?

Piglet
September 3rd, 2009, 18:08
Maybe I'll make a P-38!:wavey:

MudMarine
September 3rd, 2009, 18:12
I don't think I could ever have too many P-38's!!

Cag40Navy
September 3rd, 2009, 18:13
now that an idea!

dcc
September 3rd, 2009, 18:15

I was just thinking the same thing... maybe I'll dust off my FS2004 P-38 line and update them for FSX :d (not!) LOL the Mrs. would disown me if I did!

Jesse, thanks for the kind words. Lateral-G, that pic is great, it's now posted in my office at work!

- dcc

thunder100
September 3rd, 2009, 22:53
i wrote that models that exist also in the freeware version sell more...this worked in the fs2004 era.....actually i don't have models on competition with others....only the dragon rapide exist also in the freeware version...i never say that i sell more if the aircrafts are builded also by other payware companies.

I am on the Fw-58 waiting list seriously
and I would pay a lot for a Focke Wulf Ta 154 Mosquito

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/images/ta154-1.jpg

Roland

Ferry_vO
September 4th, 2009, 01:44

:d :d

There's one about 30 miles from here in a museum so if you need photos please let me know! I was standing next to it yesterday thinking how much I would love to have one in FS.
:engel016:

icarus
September 4th, 2009, 02:00
ok ferry when we start i will let you know thanks.