PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Britain

highpockets
October 23rd, 2008, 07:05
I have finally got around to downloading RussBOB's 3 zip files into my CFS2 ETO. It will not run -says corrupted mission files or inproperly formatted. Also would not load the Do-17. Any ideas?
Also I have files ready to load from dirksenfamily titled Battle of Britain-RAF campaigns and missions. I'm confused! Are they updates of Russ's files?
Thanks

Hern07
October 23rd, 2008, 09:18
If I remember correctly the problem is with the DO 17. Make sure it's named correctly and agrees with the name in the Mission files. You might need to rename the plane.

Demir
February 9th, 2009, 14:46
I have the same problem with this addon. Can anyone give more precision solution? Thanks!

Jagdflieger
February 9th, 2009, 15:20
This campaign has been the perinial favorite for questions and problems. It all stems from a readme file that does not cover all the needs of the player.

The best way to make this campaign work is to hand edit the .mis mission files. Open them up with wordpad and you can either see what the needed objects are and then find them and download them, or you can rename your current folders to match what the .mis files call for. Either way will work, but it will take some effort on your part. There is no easy fix for this campaign, although it can be done and it is a great "readme file lesson" for those thinking of uploading missions.

With all the new planes now available, it would probably be a good idea to just edit in the folder names of the new Dornier bombers, Spitfires and Hurricanes that are now available in the library here.

hellcat44
February 9th, 2009, 16:58
I'll never say some missions are more trouble than they're worth :monkies:.

Just to add to what jag said...morton's utility makes swapping out A/C in missions simplicity alle fuet....avail here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=2586

waco
February 9th, 2009, 19:09
Thanx for asking, highpockets. I have the same problem. Could someone go into a little more detail for us old dogs that have a problem learning new tricks. I'd sure appreciate it. :help:

Jagdflieger
February 9th, 2009, 21:30
Waco,

The .mis files are the bread and butter of any mission that you are flying and the .dyn files for the same mission handle warps and what not.

Use Wordpad or Notepad to open up a mission (XXXX.mis) file and scroll down to the bottom third or so. There you will find a list of all aeroplanes, ships, vehicles and infrastructure used in the mission. Ie:

[unit_type.0]
type_id=3848
unit_family=1 <<1 = Fighter
name=Hurricane-MKI-AH-V2 << Edit this line to match a Hurricane in your folder

[unit_type.1]
type_id=3862
unit_family=2 <<2 = Bomber
name=Dornier_17 <<Edit this line to match the title of your Do 17

[unit_type.2]
type_id=4394
unit_family=4 << 4 = Infrastructure
name=inf_tents_round << MS standard round tent

[unit_type.3]
type_id=4930
unit_family=4
name=veh_type_88 << 88mm FLAK cannon as infrastructure

Simply edit in the title of the aeroplane folder in your aiplane folder that you want to fly or see as an AI aircraft. The mission will then select it instead of looking for whatever object the mission was originally made to look for.

You can find both your Missions and your Campaign folders in your root CFS 2 folder at: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2.

highpockets
February 10th, 2009, 03:35
Demir & Waco
Jadgfleiger is correct. The problem with my install, I think, was the DO-17 file.I did not make the changes he suggested but after seeing his note, I may.

I can, I think, zip my A/C file & copy & paste my mission file to show how they are set up & send to you.
PM me & I will try. I finnaly got the install to work, but had to do some tinkering with the help of this forum.

Jagdflieger
February 10th, 2009, 05:55
Good news Highpockets!

If you get this campaign to function properly, you will have obtained your degree in CFS 2 "tinkering."

You might also consider keeping a list of all of your modifications for reference and for others wishing to make this campaign work.

Here is a list from Stiz dating back several years:

"These are the errors that are included in the campaing and how to fix em:

1, You will need to install the cfs2bob.zip available in the CFS2 Scenery at SOH (haven't checked here) to get the buildings round the airfields
2, You will need a panel folder in the Dornier_Do17z2. I just used the one from the Stuka so that it'll show
3, You need the Bri_Pilot so you dont get an errorr when the games loading the Hurricane. Its not urgent but its a good thing to have.
4, You need the YAS_Pack to have all the gauges displayed in the 2D and 3D panels. It can be found in the CFS2 Aircraft section at SOH at the bottom
5, The dp in the Ju 88A-14 needs fixing so the wepons will load. All you need to do is go down the payloads section and get rid of the "wep_" (without quote marks) bit.
6, Get the YAS_MK1_Fix to fix the spit. Can find it in the CFS2 Aircraft section at SOH.
7, You will need a Blenheim and name it raf_blenheim for the camapaign to load mission ** (cant rember the number)
8, The BF109 doubles when shot down, just go throught the dp and get rid of the numbers after the BREAK lines in effects.

I know that theres more cos i had a list for it..
Hope this helps

Stiz"

waco
February 10th, 2009, 12:04
Highpockets, sent a PM your way.

waco
February 10th, 2009, 22:26
Okay, the Dornier sound's is aliased to the P-38, which is in the aircraft folder. No Dornier panel folder though. On another note, in campaign neither the Russian or German nationality jpg can be found. Where should they be?

Demir
February 11th, 2009, 09:15
So, I've replaced the content of folder Dornier with new content, and it's works! This is the most important. Still there are errors, but not so heavy to stop whole campgain. The list from Stiz looks be very useful. Thanks for tips!