PDA

View Full Version : Resignation

Jagdflieger
October 23rd, 2008, 06:49
Last week we saw the departure of the best moderator at the Outhouse due to background politics and personalities. Today I have decided to follow him out the door for many of the same issues.

It's been a great six years and I hope that I have done a small service for the Faithful and for the Outhouse during that time. I'll continue to stop by and be a part of the community.

Talos2005
October 23rd, 2008, 07:05
Dear Jagd,

I am so surprised on your post above.
How can I express my deep sadness?

I have no idea what had taken place last week.
But, surely, the vast majority of us definitely and absolutely will miss you.
For me, you have represented everything benign and nice of CFS2 Forum.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MANY YOU HAVE DONE FOR US, Jagd.
YOU HAVE BEEN THE BEST MODERATOR WITH SOH.

Kind Regards,

OBIO
October 23rd, 2008, 07:09
Jag

This is news of the hurtful kind in deed. I was shocked when I read that Huub was no longer moderating the FS2004 forum....now I am simply floored at your revelation that you will not be moderating the CFS2 forum. You have done a great service to the Basement and at all times been a leader for us drunken denizens.

OBIO

gavinc
October 23rd, 2008, 07:11
Jagd,

I also don't know what the events were that triggered this decision but your "moderating" influence will be missed.

Hopefully you will continue to lurk in the background and pipe up occasionally

Gavin

DauntlessDriver546
October 23rd, 2008, 07:32
I'm totally floored... I certainly hope you stay around, though! Blue skies... don't stay away for too long!

:ernae::ernae:

Have one on me!

DauntlessDriver546

Henry
October 23rd, 2008, 07:40
Please reconsider
H

baldy
October 23rd, 2008, 07:53
That's a bit of a shocker - place won't be the same without you

baldy

Cody Coyote
October 23rd, 2008, 07:56
I too am greatly disappointed to read that you will be leaving. You have done an exemplary job of moderating this forum. Time and again you have guided us with a sure hand; tolerant of our varied views but strong when necessary.

I'm convinced your leadership has helped keep this forum focused and viable. With a sim this old, you know that the diehards that hang around here are both dedicated and opinionated. Your skills as a moderator have earned our respect.

You leave a very large pair of boots to fill.

bearcat241
October 23rd, 2008, 08:06
That's a real bummer Jagd...you've been a rock to this forum :medals: and you'll be missed in the mod role. But its good to hear that you'll be around still - never too far from home.

:icon29:

Shessi
October 23rd, 2008, 08:12
Hi Jagd,
Like Talos/DD I have no idea why.....something to do with the crash maybe??

I've got to admit though Jagd that I think you've moderated this forum damn well. Being suportive, enthusiastic and firm (required very rarely!) all in good measure.
I know everyone will say this about 'their' forum but here is a real credit to you how it's kept strong and creative. Thank you.

I respect your decision which-ever way you go.

Best wishes

Shessi

Rocktser2
October 23rd, 2008, 08:16
You needed a break........................

CFS2 over load................

see ya in on deck circle

EC_ILO
October 23rd, 2008, 08:44
Jagd, you can be sure this forum owes a lot to your work here. The last years it has become simply THE BEST for CFS2, gathering around all the significant people related to the senior sim.
Cody Coyote has magistrally put into words the opinion we have of your work as moderator.
Wathever your reasons, we have to respect your decision.

Many, many thanks, and happy flying

EC_ILO

bretnutz
October 23rd, 2008, 08:56
SHOCK !!!!!!!!!!

You must stick to your guns......

I think you must have thought this out....and came to this decision.

You never know what will get......something Better or something WORSE.
Like a new boss on the Job....or a New Mailman...or a new Store.

I must say you Did a GREAT JOB....You kept the STANDARDS HIGH. Everyone always looked at others as Friends and .....You always helped Friends.

Someone new was always Helped....Questions were always answered.

Questions were always looked as Important no matter how slight or simple to the educated.

I will miss you.....

God Bless You.

All the Best

Bretnutz

middle
October 23rd, 2008, 09:08
Dave, reconsider please!!!

hellcat44
October 23rd, 2008, 09:13
I know I've been a headache :banghead: for you in the past, but you always treated me fairly and probably better then I deserved.
I too am sorry to see you resign.

Hern07
October 23rd, 2008, 09:13
I don't know what's going on but....DAMN. Would you and whoever else please try to work out your differences.

Jaxon
October 23rd, 2008, 09:20
Hi Dave,
please reconsider!

The work as a mod is hard and gets close in a personal way.
I have seen this in other forums before. Decisions have to be done. And there are always people who take it too serious and attack mods wherever they can once a decision was made, where they (or another friend) was in focus.

So I can fully understand, someone is doing this job for a a certain time and give it back or on to the next.

But please, hang around here in the future and enjoy the brighter side only.
You deserve it!

Otherwise I would surely miss you!

Thx for your fine regulating work in the last years!
:ernae:
:medals:

Corsair Freak
October 23rd, 2008, 10:00
WHAT!?! :eek:

Jagd, April fools day was 6 months ago, but you must be joking! You're the foundation of his forum. You've been the moderator of this forum since the first day I discovered the Outhouse. I can't imagine this place without your policing.

Please tell me you're not leaving the Outhouse too?

CF

The_Editor
October 23rd, 2008, 10:05
You will be sorely missed.

I would like to thank you for the work you have done on this forum over the past few years. :ernae:

The place will not be the same without you.

brad kaste
October 23rd, 2008, 10:46
Jagd,
Even though I've located myself at the FS9 waterhole for some time now,........gosh,....Super Gosh,....I can't tell you how much you mean to all of us,...not just to the CFS2 regulars,...but to the whole SOH forum as well. You've enrichened my life so much as a simmer,...and I know for countless others.
I know too being a moderator is a laborious (and thankless?) job at times. Cody Coyote stated so well about your guiding hand.
I close with a bit of lump in my throat............

huub vink
October 23rd, 2008, 12:24
Wow Jagd, this came very unexpected, even for me!

Huub

MaskRider
October 23rd, 2008, 13:51
Jeez, I go away for a couple of weeks and what the H?

Its been a true pleasure and privilege Dave. Keep your airspeed up!

Chris

MaskRider
October 23rd, 2008, 13:54
Its been a true pleasure and privilege, Dave. You keep your airspeed up!

All the best,
Chris

Roger
October 23rd, 2008, 14:00
You were always one of the good guys Dave. Take care.

Dirtman
October 23rd, 2008, 14:02
I am shocked and for the moment - speechless.

OBIO
October 23rd, 2008, 14:15

And know we know what it takes to get Dirtman to be at a loss for words!

OBIO

Allen
October 23rd, 2008, 14:30

Sopwith Chameleon
October 23rd, 2008, 15:14
You were always one of the good guys Dave. Take care.

Amen................. I'll be sorry to see you go

Thanks for everything.................

Ravenna
October 23rd, 2008, 15:26
Jagd,
You have to live by your own code, but I will miss your even handedness and enthusiasm. Oh yes...I DO hope you reconsider!

moonbutter2
October 23rd, 2008, 15:28
I don't know what it is but, maybe it will blow over. Time fixes a lot of things.

Ry

Tango_Romeo
October 23rd, 2008, 16:30
DON'T GO! What can I say? :banghead:

Pen32Win
October 23rd, 2008, 16:33
Hey Jagd; you know what's best for you. Follow your heart and do the right thing. Having you as a Mod has been great but if it's your time to pull up stakes do it to it. I'm glad to hear you'll still be around in the community. That loss would be harsh.

Fly Low, Beat the Radar.

egypt23spitfire
October 23rd, 2008, 16:35
............GEEEZZZ DAVE
.............BUMMER:isadizzy:
....:medals:youve been a wikeeed squadron leader:medals:
.......:ernae:just the right balance:ernae:

........back to PO PRUNE status amongst the lads:d

sc7500
October 23rd, 2008, 16:37
::: STUNNED SILENT :::

And you know how difficult that is.

Thanx for everything, Jagd / don't be a stranger !
SC
:kilroy:

stoney
October 23rd, 2008, 16:45
Flipping politics. It'll be the ruination of us all. You were the best Jagd!

rmalone
October 23rd, 2008, 17:13
Like all the others i am at a loss-you were the best so follow your heart and do what you must, but come to visit when you can- it will all work out, but you will be missed very much so.
RM

Kofschip
October 23rd, 2008, 17:19
Jagd, I want to thank you for all the work you have done for the CFS2 Forum. It is caused by guys like you that after my total computer crash I never really got beyond CFS2. Thank you again and I wished you would reconsider. Good luck.:wavey:

MARCUS
October 23rd, 2008, 17:37
Don't have much time now days but, I come back from time to time. Hope this is not the end of CFS2 online. Keep your nose up. We need to keep guys like you. Your a natural leader. Is there such thing as a CFS2 lifer??

V/R

Marcus

Rami
October 23rd, 2008, 17:39
Damn....:angryfir:

Allow me to pass along my profound sadness to see you go. I, like so many others, got my feet under me in CFS2 because of the advice of you and other bedrocks of the CFS2 community.

I've also sent you a private e-mail expressing this. Please see if you can work out your differences before making your final decision. If not, I give you a heartfelt and grateful thanks! :ernae:

dvslats
October 23rd, 2008, 17:48
Man...I don't know what to write that already has not been written Jagd. Well maybe I do. The No.1 thing that has always kept me coming back to CFS2 Forums is...for a public forum this is the only place I know of on the internet that hasn't been turned into a slop house of people talking ^%#*, just because they can. All of us here owe this to you. Six years is a long time. God only knows how many hours you invested to this place. You committed and performed your obligation to the best I have ever seen. Thanks for investing those hours.
Dv

bobhegf
October 23rd, 2008, 19:12
You haven`t been releived yet, we don`t have anyone trained to take your place.:d

Oglivie
October 23rd, 2008, 19:23
Jagd,

It has been a pleasure for me to be a part of this great CFS2 forum, that is in large part because of your expertise as moderator. I would not like to see you resign, but I respectively accept your decision whatever may it be and look forward to you still being here at the CFS2 forum.

Sincerely,
O

PS Yea, Bob's right! there is no one else to take your place yet!:d

PJMack
October 23rd, 2008, 19:57
Jag,

Change can be a good thing but your input into this forum has made it an enjoyable and fair place to visit. Please keep your word and continue to visit.

PJMack

Good_2_Be
October 23rd, 2008, 20:41
Sir

I like many of your other charges, am deeply saddened by your decision to resign as the C.O. of the Basement. With all do respect I understand the need to "stick to your guns" no matter what the reasons be, But Please consider this, this forum will never be the same without your guidance and tolerance of our behavior, you have always been fair and just in your approach to discipline and to make sure none of stray to far from proper decorum. I thank you for your time and commitment to us.

If this were a perfect world we would not have to deal with politics, I would ask you to reconsider but you have your reasons.......

I thank you again Sir, for keeping an eye on us. Clear skies Jagd :kilroy:

SPman
October 23rd, 2008, 21:12
Oh dear. My sympathies, as I have been in a similar situation as a senior Moderator on a website, when politics got to a point where it was better to walk away.
Believe me, the stress isn't worth it, so you've probably done the right thing.
Thanks, on a job well and unobtrusively done and, no doubt, we can still rely on your input from time to time?

watchdog22
October 23rd, 2008, 21:17
Hi Jagd, I'm sure you took a long time considering your course of action but the Outhouse will be lessened by your absence. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do but I'm glad you'll still be around the senior sim in some capacity, good soldiering Mate

Blue Devil
October 23rd, 2008, 22:36
Hey Jagd, …

Politics in America is like a toilet in the Northern Hemisphere…
…The more it swirls to the RIGHT, …the less SH*T you have to deal w/.

Your realities may cost you a little sleep, …but it would put the rest of’em in “Depends Undergarments” 24/7 for life…
…PISS'on’em.

Integrity is a word often used, …seldom understood, …rarely personified….
…and it’ll take more than a laser to remove it.

Slap-happy my friend, …and you do the slappin’…

...Semper Flexibilis…

Thanks TOP.

P.S. Kill somethin’ and eat it, …good for the spirit…

ChrisN
October 24th, 2008, 00:09
Dear Dave,

thank you for the great job, you've made moderating this forum over the past six years. I don't know what happened , but I will surely miss you.

Best regards and happy flying

ChrisN

hewman100
October 24th, 2008, 02:09
:isadizzy: Well, talk about being knocked sideways!

I don't think I can add anything to what's already been said Jagd. To make this decision would certainly not be an easy one I'm sure.

As some of us still say here in Norfolk: 'Dew yew keep a'troshin!'

Hope you don't stay away too long between visits.

Ian

thicko
October 24th, 2008, 03:49
Thanks for the time you spent doing this and I am certain we will cross paths again, as in the past.
Cheers Thicko

wolfi
October 24th, 2008, 04:04
Hi Dave,

Thank´s for all the time you spend as moderator for this forum:applause::medals:

wolfi

miamieagle
October 24th, 2008, 04:10
Jag please reconsider since its so hard to get a fair minded and desent person like you to modarate a forum. I have but the deepest respect for you and your work. You have done a slendid job for this hobby and its forum.:icon_lol:

Skywolf
October 24th, 2008, 05:23
What! Please don't leave! You do a fantastic job here and....and...and. Well, Just reconsider!:frown::frown:

Helldiver
October 24th, 2008, 05:43
My first reaction Dave, that you and Huub's decision to resign was completely unacceptable. You both provided a reasonable voice and were a huge help when it became ridiculous.
I'm sorry to see you go but I quite understand it.

Eoraptor1
October 24th, 2008, 06:36
What?!!! I'm VERY sorry to hear this, Jagd, but I expect you know what's best for yourself. I didn't know there was so much contraversy going on. Huub is leaving, too? I do hope you both reconsider, but in any case, thank you for all the help you've given me.

JAMES

R C CAWTE
October 24th, 2008, 06:41
God speed my friend.A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.You will be greatly missed.:ernae:

Buddha13
October 24th, 2008, 07:31
Hi Dave,
I do not know what is going on in the background,But my sentiments are the same as everyone else's.
If you do go my best wishes go with you.But I wish you would stay.

Buddha13

gedm
October 24th, 2008, 07:51
Dave, you and Hub did steller jobs during your tenures and you are both going to be missed.
Keep your powder dry.

Ed

Hern07
October 24th, 2008, 08:08
My first reaction was to beg you to stay, but I have reconsidered. You and only you know what you have to do, and I have come to rely on your judgment. You will probably have more free time and less stress, but I know such selfish considerations had nothing to do with your decision. We all know how politics can mess up a free lunch and turn friend against friend. Power of any type tends to be corrupting. Keep on truckin' pilgrim and keep 'em flying :icon31:

aeronca1
October 24th, 2008, 09:44
So sad. Jagd and Huub were the best. I wish both of you gents the best, but be very sure, you WILL be missed!

xavierb
October 24th, 2008, 12:13
:crybaby: Please reconsider. I am back from an official mission and these are among the worst news I could read when turning on my computer again. There are simply no words to tell how much you have done and you represent for this forum. Your behaviour as moderator has been simply a textbook example of efficiency, kindness and professionality. With you at the rudder this forum has been the best moderated forum I ever seen on the Internet, and I am not exaggerating an inch in my wording.

mercure
October 24th, 2008, 12:52
Hi Jagd,

Please consider that you are at the 32d km of a Marathon, tough time but carry-on it will be soon ok again...
Definite respect for your decision whatever but this is worse than any hacker can do.

Cheers

TARPSBird
October 24th, 2008, 13:08
Jagd, like others have stated I wish you would reconsider but if you stay with your decision then best of luck to you and don't be a stranger on the forums. Thanks for your even-handed moderating. :)

achim27619
October 24th, 2008, 13:47
Dave,

almost everything is being said. I respect your decission but I hate to see you leaving. You have been the backbone in the cfs2 world and I would like to thank you for a job brilliantly done: BRAVO ZULU
Fair winds and following seas and I hope to meet you again in this forum.

THANKS

Achim

OTTO
October 24th, 2008, 14:31
Always there , Always fair ,
Best of luck & best wishes to two guys who made the Out House a great place to be !!

You will be missed
OTTO

Bill Kestell
October 24th, 2008, 14:53
I've been off line for the past 14 weeks and this is NOT what I wanted to come back to.

Dave, I will miss you but hope that you will still be around when I need you. (some of us old Army guys need more help than other ... )

I can't think of anything to add ... it's been better said by the rest of you.

Damn-it-all anyway!

Bill:banghead:

revev
October 24th, 2008, 15:36
:wavey:
Well Dave, every good thing must come to an end, but I guess we are never ready to face the end . . . at least that seems to be the consensus of the simmers who have jumped on this thread.

I--as the rest of the group--am saddened to see you go, and I hope that this doesn't mean that you will be dropping off the radar. I still would like you to be available to bounce off an idea-or-so.

It's been a great flight! Will miss you.

Enjoy! :ernae:

PSULLYKEYS
October 24th, 2008, 15:55
!!!!??? Do what you feel is best for you, but.....you're guidance through the years will be missed. I hope you keep in touch...

Thanks for your help....:ernae:

erufle
October 25th, 2008, 00:47
:jawdrop::jawdrop: Dave! Think about me. Think about what I want. What if your replacement does not understand my lovingly sarcastic remarks and throws me out!

Well, OK, maybe I'm being selfish. But, I do want you to stay. If you need a psych to moderate a personal conflict I'm offering my services. But, if its truly political, Dirtman can find someone to settle this for $500. And, we will all pitch in to cover that:costumes:.

I know a better idea. We'll all sign a pledge to you and threaten to follow you to another site.

Dammit Dave, can't you see I'm wallowing in desperation here! :banghead: But, if this is truly what makes you happy, you are leaving with all our love. And, that's not sarcasm, just a straight from the heart emotion. :crybaby:

To management: As consumers of this product, we have a right to say, SETTLE THIS PROBLEM RIGHT NOW OR WE WILL ALL . . . ?
:angryfir::gameoff::mad::toilet::a1451:

Dirtman
October 25th, 2008, 13:32
Brother Dave;

When I first read this the other day; my first reaction was: shocked & absolutely speechless. I never saw this coming .... never thought this would happen .... never imagined it could.

With time the shock has faded, being replaced with feelings of true sadness and of great loss.

I find it difficult to imagine of our forum without you at the helm. Your Leadership, knowledge and sense of humour have all come together to form the best Moderator I have ever had the privilege to be associated with.

In the 3 years I have been a member of SOH; you have earned my utmost respect & admiration. I see you as an individual, towering head & shoulders above everyone else. Sir; you are truly 1 in a billion. We have all been most fortunate for your guidance & friendship.

I could beg you to reconsider your decision; but in reality this would only be an insult the great person that you are. I know you to be a man of solid character; one who is not prone to making emotional choices. You are also a man of principle; this is something not given but learned & therefore: earned. So again I do not possess the right to second guess you.

I will accept your decision and will wish you all the best my friend; calm seas and clear skies. Plus all the joy & happiness that any man could ever dream of.

If I had one wish; it would be that the situation and reason that has caused your departure could somehow be resolved.

In the past we have seen Gawd move on to FSX. Then Mosses left us for CFS3.

About the only thing I could possibly say would be: Jesus Christ - I really don't want you to leave too!!!

- Sorry ... but I just had to leave you with a smile on yer face Bro :d

- Brother Tom ... aka Dirtman

But on the up-side:

Perhaps now you'll have the time to become a full-time - card carrying - "inmate" of "Dirty's Dozen"?????

Face the facts Dave; there just ain't no escape!!!

Blondi
October 26th, 2008, 03:03
Sometimes things build up until you just have to step back and take a good look around and a deep breath of fresh air. I know that feeling. In a short time what ever problems you are having with some of the charactors at this forum will fade and you will see their antics in a differant light.At that time you may say I can handle this and return ,or you may go on to make missions,paint aircraft or do whatever you do best and let someone else shoulder the load of moderator.To be able to enjoy this hobby of ours is of paramount importance. Mayby you are not enjoying your involvment as moderator anymore. Do something else less stressfull for a while. Take a good break. Still hope to see you around the forum. Have a good one.

BLONDI:cost1:

Dirtman
October 26th, 2008, 07:47
Dave; I forgot to add a couple of things to my previous reply:

For Your Service Sir; Far Above the Call of Duty:

:medals: :medals: :medals: :medals: :medals: :medals: :medals:

and below

Blue Devil
October 26th, 2008, 09:18
...every good thing must come to an end, but I guess we are never ready to face the end . . . at least that seems to be the consensus of the simmers who have jumped on this thread....

...It's been a great flight!...

You may have MY CFS2, ....when you PRY it from my COLD, DEAD FINGERS!

I'm not goin' anywhere, ...and neither is Jagd, ...or the rest of you basement commandos, ...THAT'S an ORDER!

In Management, ...it's called the "Cesspool Syndrome".

Senior Admin., ...W/ their heads "Up'N'Locked", ...impose structure and values upon the staff that are aligned w/ their own myopic views and opinions, ...and not relevant to front-line management realities and needs.

Subsequently, ...the best and brightest leave...

...and the "bobble-heads" that couldn't pour piss from a boot, ...even if the instructions were written on the heel, ...fill the vacant slots.

The least qualified people rise w/in the unit w/o the forcing function of competence and success to propel then.

In a Cesspool, ...Turds float to the top...

For one, ...I am GLAD that if Jagd was PO'd enough to leave, ...he did.

He will still have FULL RIGHTS and PRIVILAGES here in the Basement, ...and will probably have MORE time to enjoy CFS2 w/ the limited time he has carved out of his busy schedule Defending Our Country, ...and being w/ his family.

As for us, ...hold your nose...

...and to the SOH senior Admin., ...Thanks Buckets, ...Komrads...

P.S. Like the "spell-check", ...Thanks ICKIE...

Larry S. Wright
October 26th, 2008, 10:32
Oh S#%&! we're in trouble now! Jagd and Huub, I guess the success of this site is your Medal of Honor! Can anyone name another one that has done this well? We were fortunate for the time we had!:ernae: