PDA

View Full Version : An idea for our weapons designers...

Rami
August 28th, 2009, 05:36
To all,

Simonu continues to work on the multi-lod model for the GMAX Me-262 conversion. But while he's doing that. I was wondering...

Because someone already did radar antennae for the PBY Catalina and other aircraft, is there any way the the antlers for the Lichtenstein radar can be created? The advantage of doing this is that a day-fighting Me-262 could be made into a nightfighter, all it would need is the addition of the antlers and a paintjob. The antlers would be added as a weapons payload.

The best example of these "antlers" is the Messerschmitt Bf-110g-4, found at the old Groundcrew site: http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS2/aircaft/110G2/Ground%20Crew%20Bf%20110%20for%20CFS2.php

If anyone would be willing to do this, I would be most grateful!

Thanks,

bismarck13
August 28th, 2009, 07:14
Easy enough to do, but if I made it they would lose the upload, lust like all my Beaufighters that keep coming and going . . . .

:banghead:

Rami
August 28th, 2009, 07:19
Nope...they're still on Douglas's hit list, not to worry. I'll check with him this weekend. :wiggle:

JapLance
August 28th, 2009, 09:36
Maybe another "add-on" that could be done this way is the sand filters for some planes in desert or tropical environments: Hurricanes & Spitfires, Bf109's & MC202's...

hewman100
August 29th, 2009, 01:56
I think we're covered as far as tropical Spits and Hurris JapLance, but other filters are a good idea. One for the AH Bf109E especially!