WarBert
October 22nd, 2008, 13:36
Folks!
Soon, very soon,

Little news update on the site.

Stay tuned!

Happy Landings
Albert Patrick
www.warbirdsim.com (http://www.warbirdsim.com)

jankees
October 22nd, 2008, 13:48
So, several different ways of buying (3 pairs, or the whole bunch +2 on CD) and FS9 only for now?
Any idea of prices?

skyhawka4m
October 22nd, 2008, 14:12
What variants will not be available for the dowload version?

MudMarine
October 22nd, 2008, 14:25
Outstanding news!!:applause::jump: I hope the "S" word isn't just being thrown around.......

PS Damn B12 you the man!!

hews500d
October 22nd, 2008, 14:40
That's great news :jump::jump: I'll definitely be getting the "C" models, hopefully the whole set if my budget allows.

Darrell

Spranget
October 22nd, 2008, 15:25
OOOOOHHHHHH, goody, goody, goody!!!!!!!!:wiggle:

skyhawka4m
October 24th, 2008, 13:29
Nothing yet?

:isadizzy:

jkcook28
October 24th, 2008, 15:02
soon has become sooooooon! :d

Gibbons
October 25th, 2008, 00:23
The detail at the website looks great. When?

Gibbons

jkcook28
October 29th, 2008, 11:47
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon? :kilroy:

hews500d
October 29th, 2008, 11:51

hopefully this weekend....maybe.....hopefully......????? :kilroy: I need to bother the neighbors with the sound of that mighty engine :d

Darrell

f4fixer
October 29th, 2008, 17:04
those of us who attended The Gathering of Mustangs and Legends at Rickenbacker last Sept were in awe of all the people and planes that were there. The dvd is now on sale, get it while you can.

If you love mustangs and warbirds you won't be disappointed

don(an old f4 fixer)

http://www.gml2007.com to view trailer

http://www.p51store.com/The-Gathering-of-Mustangs-Legends-Commemorative-DVD-P96.aspx

MudMarine
October 29th, 2008, 18:02
Like I said, I hope "soon" isn't being thrown around.......

hews500d
October 31st, 2008, 10:28

I wonder if sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon have became very, very soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon yet? :wavey:

Darrell

skyhawka4m
October 31st, 2008, 14:05
Taking a look at thw website it looks as if they've rewritten some of the package discriptions. Its now lcear that the "OLD CROW" and bare metal factory birds are only available in the boxed version......:banghead:......they are the 2 paints I really wanted and I know I'm not going to want to wait for a boxed version and in the end miss out on these two paints.....bummer.

hews500d
October 31st, 2008, 17:10
At the top of the description it says each will be available in download or boxed version. It's almost tempting to get the boxed version of the Fighter Collection just to have the extra goodies

Darrell

GT182
October 31st, 2008, 17:10
Albert, will there be a dual control, dual instrument P-51C in the bunch? Reason I'm asking is the Collings Foundation's P-51C is such and the only one in the world flying. "Betty Jane" is a honest to goodness WWII 51C trainer back in the air again and on tour around the US. I've ridden in and flown her this past August, what a treat. :d That's her in my sig.

skyhawka4m
October 31st, 2008, 17:24
I'd actually like to see a daul control one myself, but I'd also like to see the dual seat FW190S-8.

GT182
October 31st, 2008, 17:33
You can a real P-51C Skyhawk, you're close enough. ;) Come to New castle County Airport next August and "Betty Jane" will be back, along with their B-17, B-24J, and B-25. I won't let anyone forget next year.... I gotta plug my show. :costumes:

MudMarine
October 31st, 2008, 23:31
"soon" has come and gone!

jankees
November 1st, 2008, 08:01
Soon, very soon,

brrr, the dreaded S-word....

modelr
November 1st, 2008, 09:01
How about an approx price range, please. We are sure this is going to be more than worth the price, whatever it is. However, some bills may have to go unpaid, so we need to figure what ones to notify... :jump::kilroy:

WarBert
November 2nd, 2008, 01:52
Folks,

Sorry if soon may have seemed like it came and went; soon, when your working hard, can indeed, do just that!

In answer to some recent questions:
Collings P-51C two seater, no plans at present, but there will be one off specials, even hopefully a racer, so you never know!

Additionally we will be selling texture sets in the not too distant future.
So there will be no paint kit.
You are quite free to paint the aeroplanes for your own use only.
Further details to follow soon.

The Fighter Leader is downloadable as well as Boxed as there was some confusion.

All other questions will be answered as soon as you have seen this for yourself. There really is a treat waiting for everyone who loves Mustangs and is an avid Warbird fan.

With a fair wind....this week!

happy Landings!
Albert

Cees Donker
November 2nd, 2008, 02:22
I'm puzzled! What does this mean? 'The Fighter Leader is downloadable as well as Boxed as there was some confusion.' Wouldn't it be correct to add: somewhere in the near future??? 'Cause there is nothing to download yet! 'The Fighter Leader is downloadable as well as Boxed as there was some confusion.' tells me there is a plane to download! Could you be less vague please?

Cees

DaveQ
November 2nd, 2008, 03:13

While I can fully appreciate the business sense of this, it's still a great shame. One of the great joys of the A2A Mustang and Thunderbolt was John's paint kits; beautifully made and simple to use. It also sounds as if the door is shut on the publication of free repaints; again understandable after the immense effort that's gone into this project. But sad nonetheless.

DaveQ

Krazy
November 2nd, 2008, 03:42
Now wait a sec here! You mean all of us that aren't painters are sh_t outa luck? I think this is the final straw in getting me to hang this sim up!

Cees Donker
November 2nd, 2008, 04:19
Now wait a sec here! You mean all of us that aren't painters are sh_t outa luck? I think this is the final straw in getting me to hang this sim up!

I agree Krazy. It seems to me someone is doing some bad marketing job here!

:kilroy:

Cees

skyhawka4m
November 2nd, 2008, 04:23

What?!?! Selling texture sets? No paint kit? My use only? WOW!

Firstly let me say if this is the fact I am highly disappointed with this decision, #1 as a painter who loves to share his work with others that are not able to share in the talent, #2 as a buyer who now has to pay for a "paint job".

In your statement it says we are free to paint the plane as we wish for our "own" use, how do we do that without a paint kit? Create one? I say If I create a paint kit that is my creation, then why can't I do with my paint kit what I wish?

This is crazy, and frankly might even cause me to pass on this purchase.

modelr
November 2nd, 2008, 05:01
This is getting totally out of hand. While John's work is totally awesome, and he deserves all the kudos and reasonable pay for his work, making this a totally "hands off" to others as far as paints is going a little to far. Many of us don't have the skill or time to do our own paints, and not allowing those who do, or wish to share their work, is a little over the top. Getting real close to having to say, "Think I'll pass" on this one, which will be a real shame, as this is one of the most awaited for release, by one of the SOH's most favored artists. To bad. :redf:

hews500d
November 2nd, 2008, 05:07
Thanks for the update Albert, even in light of the "restrictions" on repaints, this appears to be a top notch package. My Visa check card and I will be waiting:wavey:

Darrell

teeps
November 2nd, 2008, 05:18
Seems like it's not just the web template Ariane passed on...

PRB
November 2nd, 2008, 05:19
Wow. Am I reading that correctly – painters, even if they build a paint kit of their own, cannot distribute paints of this plane for free? Has there ever been another payware plane that had this policy? I can’t think of any, but they may be out there. That seems a little odd. I might buy the plane, it looks great. But I’ve never, ever, spent money on a re-paint of a plane (and more importantly to this company, don't plan on starting now...) Surely I’m reading that wrong…

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 06:59
Hmmm....

It *looks* like the maximum amount of deterrents are being used here fight against piracy while at the same time, trying to maximize profits...

I remember Tom Wood of simTECH talked about creating paint packs for sale....can't remember if he implemented it though....

NC_Rotorhead
November 2nd, 2008, 07:08
Sorry Warbert,

As much as I have anticipated this particular product, you have ended that anticipation and enthusiasm by your "restrictions" of no paintkit, no repainting except by you, and i "gotta purchase" the largest and most expensive version to get the paint that I really want.

Your marketing this thing to wring the most cash out of us at a time of economic uncertainty.

No thanks. Too much other "Good Stuff" out there, payware as well as freeware. I vote with my feet on this one.

Regards
Steve

Thunderbolt
November 2nd, 2008, 07:12
Thats Ariane practices for me ! Sorry, no go !

Felixthreeone
November 2nd, 2008, 07:33
No go here as well...yet another let-down for a product that I was looking forward to purchasing. This is ridiculous.:banghead:

Lenop
November 2nd, 2008, 08:34
Hmm, selling textures??? WHY?! :banghead:

Than that's a no go for me too, unfortunately. I was really looking forward to 3rd party textures with all the knowledge and unbelievable talent around here. Why would any payware producer miss out on the support and attention of the community by letting us pay for textures?!

Damn, I was so looking forward to the Malcolm hood Mustangs... .

Lenop
November 2nd, 2008, 08:42
Seems like it's not just the web template Ariane passed on...

This "A" word gives me the creeps... . But is this true, are the web templates originated from Ariane? And is Warbird sim in any way connected to them?

No trolling, I want no FS politics, just to make sure so that I can make up my mind. Thanks.

Krazy
November 2nd, 2008, 08:43
Well, this has all the earmarkings of a Marketing _sswipe ruining something, AGAIN!

skyhawka4m
November 2nd, 2008, 09:44
sounds like the "CHANGE WE NEED" has sneaked its EVIL head into our sim world too. Sad but true and frankly......in 2 days if "CHANGE" is what we get.....my "CHANGE" will be limited to my family needs because I won't have a choice so.......

I may get blasted but damn it this is getting crazy and driving a nail in the coffin for me.....

flyboyhunt05
November 2nd, 2008, 09:47
Hmm... I think that the not allowing people to put out paints just killed it for me. Sad thing too, looked really nice.

teeps
November 2nd, 2008, 10:02
This "A" word gives me the creeps... . But is this true, are the web templates originated from Ariane? And is Warbird sim in any way connected to them?

No trolling, I want no FS politics, just to make sure so that I can make up my mind. Thanks.

Yep, see this page: http://www.warbirdsim.com/Content.do?state=ThreeColumn&content=downloads

Quicksand
November 2nd, 2008, 10:07
This makes me very sad. I am no painter. I have, however paid Bomber to do some particular paints for me in the past. His work is well known here. I wouldn't think twice about paying Bomber in the future for texture sets for this beautiful creation, but barring others from freely distributing paints of their own seems like a bad idea to me. In my WW2 Fighters P-51 aircraft folder, I have over 140 repaints, done by Bomber and many other fine painters here at SOH. I think that if A2A had not allowed others to paint their plane, there would not be many repaints there other than those that came with the plane. Just my two pennies' worth. Now to climb back under my rock....:running::kilroy:

Smashing Time
November 2nd, 2008, 10:11
Let me add to the opinion that the no shared repaints policy stinks. I had been looking forward to uploading some new work here. I could understand a policy like MAAM's, of no presently flying schemes but this lacks foresight and yes I might pass on this also. Times are different aren't they? Our pocketbooks have already been robbed by the greed on Wall street and now we have to crimp and save. If you have to get that little extra BUCK for some in-house paint schemes just add to release price and be done with it.

hews500d
November 2nd, 2008, 10:19
Man it didn't take long for the temperature to go UP on this one did it :isadizzy:

Folks, I am in no way bashing anyone here and everyone is within their right to not purchase this package if they do not want to due to having to pay for repaints. While I am a little disappointed that I have to pay extra to get the Old Crow malcolm hood (I'd be satisfied with just it, Princess Elizabeth and Ina the Macon Belle) I'm not going to let their business decision keep me from purchasing what looks to be a great addon. With the little amount of time available for flightsimming 8 different paint schemes is more than I would ever get to fly. Maybe it's because I HATE painting that I'm not more po'd about this than most of you are, I enjoy flying the warbirds better than painting any day. If what they say is true on the site about the sounds, etc it really does sound like a good product.

Darrell :isadizzy:

Cees Donker
November 2nd, 2008, 10:27
Where is John himself?

Cees

Wing_Z
November 2nd, 2008, 10:37
Yep, see this page: http://www.warbirdsim.com/Content.do?state=ThreeColumn&content=downloads
Wow that is remarkably similar...but is there a business connection?? If yes, :rocket:
I have wondered if Ariane made any money out of the 737. The cost was outrageous, and even then, getting it onto my HDD was the most convoluted process I had ever seen - having already taken my money, I essentially had to prove to them I was not a pirate!

Still, you have to admit it's tough on the vendor side of the flightsim business - not only is there rampant piracy, but the user base actually expects not to pay for their toys!

jankees
November 2nd, 2008, 10:39
Interesting, the no repaints bit, especially coming from the general direction of someone who has always thrilled us with his repaints and beautiful paintkits.
I agree with Cees, where is John, this doesn't sound like him?
It reminds me a bit of an older P-51 model, by Shigeru or something, I don't remember. He didn't allow repaints of his (freeware) model either. Where is his model now? Part of the fun of this hobby is the fact that we can all work on things, and share them with each other. I'm still annoyed by the fact that there was no real paintkit for the Mossie, and the result is that I don't fly it at all. And they sell additional textures too..Too bad I can't give it away...
Here, there is nothing yet, but already we've been told what we can not do with it. Rather a negative approach, sort of spoils the fun for me, makes me a lot less wanting to buy this aircraft. As for the painting bit, I was looking forward to painting this baby, but it seems it is not to be. Too bad, but hey, it's his show. Let's all hope it will be worth your money.

Stickshaker
November 2nd, 2008, 11:02
While I like downloadable repaints, there are already so many skins planned in the various packages that it’s quite enough for me. More is always better, but no must as far as I’m concerned. And paying for repaints? I'll only get the ones I really like, instead of downloading everything that looks like it might be nice (and I probably never will fly), as I often do with freeware. So the net difference in what I actually fly will not be all that big.

Sundog
November 2nd, 2008, 12:04
Well, now I'll have to be choosy about which one I'll buy, since I will only be getting one.

NC_Rotorhead
November 2nd, 2008, 13:55
From what I have observed in the Sim Community is that a lot of the excitement of a new Add-On aircraft is the Paint Kit allowing us to make our own skins and to pass them around freely (giving credit of course). That creates BUZZ within the community and keeps that particular add-on alive and going for a long time with a GOOD word-of-mouth. So many P-51s produced and so many possibilities for repainters to excel...........

Greed just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. AKA wall street.

I'll now pass on this one.

Regards
Steve

huub vink
November 2nd, 2008, 14:11
Shigeru or something

Shigeru Tanaka ;)

Selling textures :confused:? no paintkit :confused:? But luckely after I have purchased the model I can do with it what I want....... :banghead:

And this should make me happy?

I love the P51 B and C models, but on these conditions I prefer to stick with the perfect D models I already have!

Huub

hinch
November 2nd, 2008, 14:44
I still feel iffy about the ariane connections, it's the '...nice guys' comment that throws me off.

Plane looks a stunner however.

FengZ
November 2nd, 2008, 14:51
i think a better way to go about it is by selling variants, instead of paint kits. The goal is mass market reach, so people can be exposed. Paint kits are a great way to reach everyone, and business wise, it's not smart to block this.

I've played around w/ the idea of starting a flight sim company myself and toying w/ the business plan.

I had the idea of releasing the base model for free, so everyone can judge its quality. Then charge for the variants such as w/ bombs, 2 seat trainers, or powerful engine upgrades, etc, but making the price low enough to attract sales, such as $5.00 USD. The margin might not be high at first, but after a few releases, the #s could go into the black.

Note: this is not the same as Captain Sim's block system, which was basically selling incomplete parts and charging people for the whole thing.

-feng

mrogers
November 2nd, 2008, 15:47
No repaints allowed but only for your use and no paintkit? :confused:
It doesn't make sense to me. If its for protection from piracy, thats just not making sense to me. Look at A2A (shockwave formerly) P-51D mustangs. Tons and tons of repaints for it. Hundreds of downloads. There are paint kits for it without any restrictions, so that encourages repainters to paint schemes and upload them. Business wise, it gives the A2A Mustang more exposure and the opportunity for others to purchase the model itself.
Albert's post seemed vague though...hope there has been a misunderstanding.

MudMarine
November 2nd, 2008, 16:19
Folks,

Sorry if soon may have seemed like it came and went; soon, when your working hard, can indeed, do just that!

In answer to some recent questions:
Collings P-51C two seater, no plans at present, but there will be one off specials, even hopefully a racer, so you never know!

The Fighter Leader is downloadable as well as Boxed as there was some confusion.

All other questions will be answered as soon as you have seen this for yourself. There really is a treat waiting for everyone who loves Mustangs and is an avid Warbird fan.

With a fair wind....this week!

happy Landings!
Albert

Getting more and more turned off by this product!! And it's not just the abuse of "soon" that's got me down! The no additional paint sceme policy is WRONG!! Sorry Bomber I have a great deal of respect for you and what you've done for all of us but who talked you into a policy that seems so wrong..........?

MudMarine
November 2nd, 2008, 16:25
sounds like the "CHANGE WE NEED" has sneaked its EVIL head into our sim world too. Sad but true and frankly......in 2 days if "CHANGE" is what we get.....my "CHANGE" will be limited to my family needs because I won't have a choice so.......

I may get blasted but damn it this is getting crazy and driving a nail in the coffin for me.....

Don't worry Skyhawk, there are many others on the same page as you!! But I have been known to keep "change" in my pocket! :costumes:

BananaBob
November 2nd, 2008, 18:26
No sale from me, I appreciate John's talent and amazed at it but this makes no sense to me, but I'm an idiot anyway, lol. :ernae:

whitehawk_2009
November 2nd, 2008, 18:33
I agree with Cees, where's john on this? Something is SEVERELY wrong when an aircraft designed and built by a painter is off limits to public skins.....

WH

mikew
November 2nd, 2008, 19:02
I may as well add my disappointment to this thread as well. I was really looking forward to this release and painting a few favorites skins as well. I guess I'll save a few bucks... I've started assembling parts for a new PC build anyway! Besides... I've been enjoying the SF8 F-86 Sabre so much that I kind of forgot about this Mustang until I saw this thread. I think I'll stick with the kerosene burner for awhile.

Mike

deathfromafar
November 2nd, 2008, 19:48
Yeap, kinda of a bummer to hear all this. I was planning on buying these models but if the repaint aftermarket is going to get stumped and make this model less interesting(with all the repaint possibilities that will be missed), I too will have to pass on it.

Panther_99FS
November 2nd, 2008, 20:25
I can definitely 100% empathize with everyone's feelings here...

That being said, I'll (just me personally) probably get the package based upon these 2 reasons:

1) FSX :kilroy:
2) To give back something to John....

jankees
November 2nd, 2008, 20:30

1> Is there going to be an FSX version? I haven't seen anything on that?
2> good point! however.....

Still, let's wait and see what we've got, so far, it's only lots of pictures on a website, no talk of prices yet

wombat666
November 2nd, 2008, 21:36
But really!
It's just another P51!
Different versions granted, but 'another' Mustang?
On a more realistic note, how many people have actually contributed to the 'Freeware' painters and developers?
'PAD', freeware at commercial quality, a donation of $5 a time is fair.
Bomber was also another who's repaints were worth a similar 'donation'.
Coral, for a $5 donation one can receive arguably the best F15 of the lot.
Our own SOH donationware collection has always been value for money.
It really is about time the community realised that a few dollars toward the talent that has been freely available is a small cost toward the time and effort involved.

jankees
November 2nd, 2008, 22:13
It's not the paying for the model that I have a problem with, I've bought tons of payware, and in general, have been quite happy to pay for them.
It's the 'repaints only for your own use' that I don't like. Why this ridiculous restriction? Isn't this community partly about sharing things?
I've painted well over 100 Mustangs for the A2A model and a few for the Wozza p-51, and was looking forward to painting this one, but apparently, that is not appreciated...
In that case, buying this model is pointless for me, as I am more into repainting than flying. I usually only fly to check the paints I make...sad but true.

deathfromafar
November 2nd, 2008, 22:54
Wombat, you make a good point about donations to freeware developers. I have donated money here and there over the years and I don't mind it at all. Regarding the coming of this new P-51, it is a high quality set of the early Mustangs that fill the gap A2A hasn't done so far and probably won't. There is a good market and plenty of interest for it but the exclusion of a paint kit so the repainter community can expand the vast line of known P-51 markings and paint schemes kind of undercuts the value which would have been added. The lifeblood of the business is the ability to expand in it and allow folks like repainters to do their art and share with the community. If the trend of limiting all of that continues, what is the point? I only hope there is a turn around of things regarding the paint policy for this new Mustang and that other developers take heed.

calypsos
November 2nd, 2008, 23:09
What on earth is going on with this 'hobby'! Once apon a time all add-ons were free!

Now 'we' cannot purchase a product and enhance its looks for others (customers, that is ) to enjoy. What about the old saying 'the customer is always right', seems that holds no water nowadays. Perhaps these guys work for a bank during the day job, roll on the 'New World', I sure am getting fed up with the current one!!!!

modelr
November 3rd, 2008, 02:09
One of John's biggest buggaboos is piracy. Something everyone here at the OutHouse dislikes just as much. However, it's this kind of behaviour that attracts it. It creates the ultimate challenge, and the bigger reason to stick the thumb in the eye of the (for lack of a better word) "selfish" developer, (who may/maynot even be in control.) Did John sign a contract, and then Warbirdsim is adding on these decisions post signing?

John said, on so many words, that he was making these new early Mustangs because the Sky Unlimited ones are so hard to paint. Doesn't this defeat that purpose?

As for the small donation to time involved, Jan Visser & Co. could have/should have made his fantastic F-86 donationware at the very least, but he chose to give it to the hobby, and he plans many more variations, to boot! No one here was expecting this aircraft to be given away. Heck, look at what some have been willing to pay for some of the newer releases! But none of those have had these restrictions, and sales have always picked up when the selling company has sales, mostly because of all the paints available. This doesn't make sense.

grumpos
November 3rd, 2008, 02:17
It really is about time the community realised that a few dollars toward the talent that has been freely available is a small cost toward the time and effort involved.

You hit the nail square on the head there Wombat.

But why, oh why a P-51, Bomber? :banghead:

His 'n hers warbirds. :d

Best wishes
Steve P

skyhawka4m
November 3rd, 2008, 02:38
Its too bad the old thread is gone so that we could reflect on those promises that were made about this plane.

I admire John's handy work as one of the best but frankly.......this doesn't not sound like John's doing. This goes against everything John said about this plane, from day one of its developement. My biggest question is, his original intent was for this to be a Donationware type of plane. It now seems that the has gone t the wayside to a company known for having issues. The onyl reason I can see is they offered him more money then he could pass on, and frankly.....thats just too bad and changes my opinion of alot involved with this plane.

Panther_99FS
November 3rd, 2008, 04:43
Without any comment from Bomber (John, where are you?) as Cees stated, it's difficult to find out any type of true data.

That being said, SkyhawkA4M **might** have stumbled on to something plausible.

Perhaps, I repeat *perhaps*, Bomber has sold all the rights & thus now he has no control over his project. I've seen this occur in the past to some other developers...:kilroy::cost1:

And...
And I want thank you folks for keeping this thread as civil as possible given the amount of passion here that's involved for everyone...

Cees Donker
November 3rd, 2008, 04:53
John,

Could you please respond to the given invitation to shed some light on the reasons for these choices? You have given this community a lot the past years and I think we all agree that it's only fair and well deserved that you ask for a compensation for your present work. Could you come forward and explain why it has to be in this way, and why all the restrictions are suddenly brought in?

Cees

hews500d
November 3rd, 2008, 04:55
Without any comment from Bomber (John, where are you?) as Cees stated, it's difficult to find out any type of true data.

That being said, SkyhawkA4M **might** have stumbled on to something plausible.

Perhaps, I repeat *perhaps*, Bomber has sold all the rights & thus now he has no control over his project. I've seen this occur in the past to some other developers...:kilroy::cost1:

And...
And I want thank you folks for keeping this thread as civil as possible given the amount of passion here that's involved for everyone...

One thing I was thinking also is that maybe whatever publishing company is going to be doing the boxed versions has put some restrictions on the repaint policy. Hopefully Bomber or someone will post something before long to clear things up.:kilroy:

Darrell

wombat666
November 3rd, 2008, 04:56
Regarding the coming of this new P-51, it is a high quality set of the early Mustangs that fill the gap A2A hasn't done so far and probably won't.

I know these fill a gap DFA, but where are the Allison powered versions?
Now those I'd happily pay for, even with the restrictions!
I really like the SU versions and these remain favourites, so good on Jesse Lambert.
:applause:

"John, where are you?"
Probably painting like a man possesed Ed!
:d

MudMarine
November 3rd, 2008, 06:27
There's been a lot of questions with no answers........? When you make a contract/agreement with someone the usual business practice is, First, understanding the terms of the contract! Then and only then, if you agree to those terms do you sign on the dotted line! Once you sign you become as responsible as anyone else for the product you're selling.......just a thought; I've been known to be wrong!:d

I also am greatful for what John has done for us! I also control the money I want to spend. I hope I can spend it on just "another" P-51, but I don't know right now........?

Spilot69
November 3rd, 2008, 07:16
Bomber, I love your work man and think this is great but if I cannot download repaints and have to purchase them I am sorry I AM NOT BUYING THIS!

Really Sad for the company doing this because any profits you might have made will now be crushed because of this. You will make more by allowing repaints then selling them.

jankees
November 3rd, 2008, 09:18
I found some new repaints for a YAK3, posted today by none other than Bomber_12th. The plot thickens...
John is painting Yak's while everybody is worried about his P-51...it's been a while since we heard anything from him relating (t)his bird...
:isadizzy::isadizzy:

I think I give up trying to understand what is going on, and just sit back and see what happens....and paint other birds, there's a Liberator I still have to finish, and several Hudsons.... who knows, I may have to buy the A2A B-17 so I can repaint that..is that any good?

Odie
November 3rd, 2008, 09:25
In pure speculation on my part, due to the terms he may be working under, Bomber may not be able to comment.....

stiz
November 3rd, 2008, 09:34
he also might be awaiting further disscusions about things before he makes a comment

Butcherbird17
November 3rd, 2008, 09:46
I may have to buy the A2A B-17 so I can repaint that..is that any good?

Yes it is very good and should be getting the Accusim treatment in the not to distant future. I'd really like to see some of your handy paint brush treatment put on her.:applause:

Joe

Odie
November 3rd, 2008, 10:13
I can definitely 100% empathize with everyone's feelings here...

That being said, I'll (just me personally) probably get the package based upon these 2 reasons:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the "get it" side of the fence myself. I need a couple more "other" Mustang models to off-set the herd of D-models already prancing around the hangar. Plus I want to hear what Bomber's take on the repaint policy is...could be this was a trial ballon in advance of the release.

Haven't installed FSX yet (yeah, it's still in the box awaiting the arrival of my new PC which also is still unbuilt mainly because I haven't ordered it yet because I like having the money in-hand and my current PC will run FS09 just great and I don't know how to break a sentence either.)

deathfromafar
November 3rd, 2008, 11:58
I know these fill a gap DFA, but where are the Allison powered versions?
Now those I'd happily pay for, even with the restrictions!
I really like the SU versions and these remain favourites, so good on Jesse Lambert.
I agree, but considering the Allison Powered Mustangs were not well received as the Merlin powered models back in those days, they are easily and often overlooked in history and FS circles. I bought the SU early Mustangs and like them as you do. I think John had a great idea in bringing us a newer and more reflined build of the B/C/III versions. After reading everything here, I am going to wait and see what the man himself has to say before making my final decision on whether to buy or not. It sure as hell will be hard to pass on them for sure!

GBrutus
November 3rd, 2008, 13:15
I'll wait and see how these packages are going to be priced first. I only really fly FSX these days but had considered buying Bomber's P-51 package for FS9 as it looks really stunning. However, if I'm going to have to pay for repaints then I'll probably just wait for the FSX version.

Edit: Wow, my post count went back to just 1, very strange...

Cees Donker
November 3rd, 2008, 19:58
John,

Where are you? I cant'believe you won't react!

Cees

Flyboy208
November 3rd, 2008, 20:08
Maybe John is being held for ransom by the Ariane people???:costumes:

Epsillon
November 3rd, 2008, 20:40
John,

Where are you? I cant'believe you won't react!

Cees
John is young (20) and perhaps this post is intimidating...

Stephan

Flyboy208
November 3rd, 2008, 20:48
John may be young, but his knowledge of WWII aircraft is stellar! Mike :applause:

Epsillon
November 3rd, 2008, 20:53
John may be young, but his knowledge of WWII aircraft is stellar! Mike :applause:
Absolutely...

Wozza
November 4th, 2008, 00:14
Maybe John is being held for ransom by the Ariane people???:costumes:
Ariane please tell me its not the same Ariane Ive read about over at avsim.com :(
Bomber_12 is most likely under a strict NDA,So I doubt you will hear anything from him until after the release
Cheers
Wozza

jankees
November 4th, 2008, 01:05
Ariane please tell me its not the same Ariane Ive read about over at avsim.com :(
Bomber_12 is most likely under a strict NDA,So I doubt you will hear anything from him until after the release
Cheers
Wozza

Certainly looks that way, compare this site: http://www.arianedesign.com/ with the Mustang site....

Cees Donker
November 4th, 2008, 03:31
I won't spend another word or dime on this matter......

Cees

skyhawka4m
November 4th, 2008, 04:07
If this is the same company........I will no doubt pray that John releases his paint kit for the SkyUnlimited P-51 which he used to paint Princess Elizabeth with. I'd be more than happy with that and frankly....I can live with the nice cockpit it offers.

I have decided I can live without this new Mustang and its limitations.

Sorry John....I know this plane was a passion for you and I know you poured your heart and soul into it. I just hope that this will be your only dealings with this company.

hews500d
November 4th, 2008, 04:29
I remember from an earlier post before the forums crash that he said they liked the design of the Ariane website and they (Ariane) had given him permission to use that site design...

Darrell

mcjerkyls
November 4th, 2008, 06:34
he obviously cannot talk to us about it, i've seen him post in other threads yesterday if i remember correctly. Really a shame his beautiful work got tied up with a boneheaded company. perhaps we need to bring this thread to the attention of whoever is bringing his work down...i cant imagine they'd still go through with it after they see that most wouldn't buy it only because of jack:censored:ss management....at least i hope thats what it is...

Spranget
November 4th, 2008, 15:16
:kilroy: ??????

MudMarine
November 5th, 2008, 06:01
I won't spend another word or dime on this matter......

Cees

I'm with ya Cees. Sad to see B12 post on the FSX page recently but not here?

yago9
November 7th, 2008, 14:12
A very good reason to skip on this product..So said , it looked nice.