PDA

View Full Version : SU Texans and Harvards on sale US$10.50

dswo
August 22nd, 2009, 06:53
I got an email about this a couple hours ago: http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.php?productid=624

2Low
August 22nd, 2009, 07:53
I swore I would not get anymore payware until I ordered my Track IR in 2 weeks. Now look what ya done, you made me get the SU Texans and Harvards and while I was there I got the MegaSceneryEarth Seatle/Mt.St.Helens $14 deal too. Entirely your fault dswo, nothing to do with my addic...lack of will power.:icon_lol:

Disclaimer - my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek while posting this.

Seriously though, thanks dswo for pointing it out I've been tempted a few times at full price so this is a steal!

Milamber
August 22nd, 2009, 10:31
I got an email about this a couple hours ago: http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.php?productid=624

Got the same email, purchased, downloaded, then when attempting to unzip the downloaded file I get asked for a password. I've tried email addy, ordernumber and finally had to give up and email them for assistence. wierd, or what.

Maurice.

2Low
August 22nd, 2009, 10:53
Jesse from SU is on it presently.

Cerberus
August 22nd, 2009, 11:01
Hi everyone. Sorry about the password issues.

I always password encrypt the raw files I host on my server so that if someone does manage to come across them they will not be able to access the files or share them. When I sent the files to Pcaviator I included the password for them to unzip the files before they uploaded them. It has been awhile since I sent it to them, and I guess since they were hurrying to get the sale going for me they forgot to decrypt the files before upload. I have sent an email to them, and I don’t think it will be a big deal to get it resolved.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

TeaSea
August 22nd, 2009, 11:35
Ooops...

Same problem here.

kyulin
August 22nd, 2009, 13:50
got same problem either. Hope it will be resolved soon.

oakfloor
August 22nd, 2009, 14:30
Same here, no password to unlock file..and no phone# to call.

Cerberus
August 22nd, 2009, 16:42
I've emailed and tryed to call have not heard from anyone again. If I have to I'll compile a list of all of the emails and send out the original password, but this would take a long time of copying and pasting lol. I really would rather get it fixed at the source, and they can send out an mass email more easily than I.

oakfloor
August 22nd, 2009, 17:12
I've emailed and tryed to call have not heard from anyone again. If I have to I'll compile a list of all of the emails and send out the original password, but this would take a long time of copying and pasting lol. I really would rather get it fixed at the source, and they can send out an mass email more easily than I.
Thanks for the help, I will just have to wait.

Milamber
August 23rd, 2009, 03:43
All is now well, new email, downloaded and extracted OK.

Maurice.

2Low
August 23rd, 2009, 04:13
All is now well, new email, downloaded and extracted OK.

Maurice.

Same here, thanks for the offer though Cerberus. No need to wear out your cut and paste keys.

TeaSea
August 23rd, 2009, 05:12
Yep,

Easy fix. Good deal. I'll check it out later today when I'm done with my chores.

limjack
August 23rd, 2009, 08:36
TeaSea, forget the chores....play now and if their is enough time after, then do "A" chore and call it good. Love the look of this aircraft and I will enjoy.....thanks for heads up on this:ernae:.

Jim

doublecool
August 23rd, 2009, 09:51
Now thats a bargin!
but I got her already :wavey:

Kowalski65
August 23rd, 2009, 10:37
Well,I got the e mail,bought it(no password request)installed it but cant find it in my hanger at all! Any idea where I should be looking?

2Low
August 23rd, 2009, 11:01
The installer defaulted to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X so check that path. If you have FSX installed elsewhere that will be your problem.

VCN-1
August 23rd, 2009, 11:37
Did SU ever do a SNJ FSX version?

VCN-1

X_eidos2
August 23rd, 2009, 12:16
The vol. 2 FSX Texans will have the LT-6G FAC version with visibility switches that allow you to turn on and off the various elements so that you can end up with a regular G version. What will be different from the FS9 version is that you will be able to have the prop spinner on or off. The custom add-ons for this plane will be a 105mm howitzer with gun crew, drivers for a FAC version of Gary20's jeep model, and an explosion marker.

The second plane in volume 2 will be an SNJ with a tailhook. The add-on for this plane will be a player driveable model of the USS Monterey, which was a light carrier from WW2 that was converted into a training carrier that sailed in the Gulf of Mexico during the mid-50's.

Kowalski65 - the planes will be under "SkyUnlimited" and not North American

Gdavis101
August 23rd, 2009, 13:38
Got a second email this morning as well, looks like the password issue has been taken care of.

kyulin
August 23rd, 2009, 18:44
still waiting for the password email........

Seadog
August 23rd, 2009, 19:35
Kyulin -

Once the file was corrected, there is no password. You just install it. If you can't install what you downloaded because you got the encrypted version, just download again and the new file will install without any password needed. If yours is like mine, your download link is good for 30 days (720 hours).

kyulin
August 23rd, 2009, 23:43
Thanks, Seadog, I've my new download (no need of password)installed successfully. Thank you again for telling me that.