PDA

View Full Version : Dewoitine 376

baldy
August 22nd, 2009, 00:18
Making progress with the D376 still got multiLOD and panels to do but here's some pics - this was supposed to take about ten minutes but could often take an hour or more

baldy

Jagdflieger
August 22nd, 2009, 09:04
Lookin' good Baldy!

I've always been intrigued by the strengh of the parasol wing's support mechanism. Looks like if anything was ever made to break, the parasol wing would be a prime candidate. Now include folding wings and one wonders. Must have been some great engineering there to keep everything together under the stress of flight and high g maneuvers.

I'm always hesitant to ask someone to make something that I can't, but I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble to make a model of the Bearn with a couple of the Dewotines with folded wings parked along the side of the flight deck?

It also looks like this 376 could double as a 371 or 372 for Spanish Civil War missions too.

oldwheat
August 22nd, 2009, 09:09
It should take about ten minutes or so :rolleyes: .

baldy
August 22nd, 2009, 13:26
Might take a bit longer - first attempt unsuccessful - will try a different approach

baldy

Bill Kestell
August 22nd, 2009, 14:29
I'm old ... EVERYTHING that's supposed to take 10 minutes takes longer!:monkies:

baldy
August 22nd, 2009, 22:46
Took a bit longer than I figured, mostly thru' self-inflicted problems, but is this what you want Jagd ? not multiLOD tho - will upload

baldy

Jagdflieger
August 23rd, 2009, 03:08
Great!

That will add to the overall immersion of flying off or landing on the Bearn I think. Now I just need to get home to enjoy it.

Thanks for the effort!

peperez
August 23rd, 2009, 07:06
Lookin' good Baldy!

I've always been intrigued by the strengh of the parasol wing's support mechanism. Looks like if anything was ever made to break, the parasol wing would be a prime candidate. Now include folding wings and one wonders. Must have been some great engineering there to keep everything together under the stress of flight and high g maneuvers.

I'm always hesitant to ask someone to make something that I can't, but I wonder if it wouldn't be too much trouble to make a model of the Bearn with a couple of the Dewotines with folded wings parked along the side of the flight deck?

It also looks like this 376 could double as a 371 or 372 for Spanish Civil War missions too.

There's a Thicko version for the D.371 and D.372.

Maxstuka
August 24th, 2009, 07:48
There's a Thicko version for the D.371 and D.372.

:jump::jump: Can you send me the thicko versions?.There is not upload.:blind:

oldwheat
August 24th, 2009, 11:30
déme su email en un PM.

oldwheat
August 27th, 2009, 12:49
Actually, the 376 should make a great 371/372 without wheel spats. Most of the SCW pics that I have seen show this mod which makes sense given the airfields involved. I am looking forward to doing some skins for this one.

baldy
August 28th, 2009, 06:59
Nearly ready - sorting out the panel - one major issue - when I try to generate model including multi LOD I end up with an invisible aircraft - had this with the Anson - no idea what causes it - so no multiLOD I'm afraid.

I could do a model folder without tailhook and wingfolds so you could do landplane repaints

baldy

oldwheat
August 28th, 2009, 08:03
Nearly ready - sorting out the panel - one major issue - when I try to generate model including multi LOD I end up with an invisible aircraft - had this with the Anson - no idea what causes it - so no multiLOD I'm afraid.

I could do a model folder without tailhook and wingfolds so you could do landplane repaints

baldy

I believe that a simple,box-type distance model is all that is really necessary for most multi-res applications which shouldn't interfere with the main model & still help a lot with FRs. I would love to have a tweaked 376 as you describe

baldy
August 28th, 2009, 08:47
This is no problem - just delete animations and flaps ( no flaps on a 371 ) - I'll include a 371 model folder in the upload

baldy

baldy
August 28th, 2009, 10:12
Am uploading now.

baldy

erufle
August 29th, 2009, 04:20
Lookin' good Baldy!

Really? I'm no engineer but I always figured this system was quite strong when compared to wings that protrude straight out of the fuselage. Its like holding your arms straight out of your body at a 90 degree angle. This is harder to do than holding them straight up or letting them fall down. I know that's like comparing apples to oranges. I'm not trying to be a smart a#$. I'm just curious and willing to learn.

Jagdflieger
August 29th, 2009, 18:51
She's up and ready to download!

Drzook
August 29th, 2009, 20:06
This is a beautiful aircraft.:ernae:
Reminds me of the Spanish Civil War campaign I did many many moons ago. Tried it out in FS2004 and it flies great. Is there any way I can get the pilot to show up?

baldy
August 29th, 2009, 22:18
Thanks Drzook - There is no pilot in the aircraft as I use Martin Wright's crew figures via the dp - however I could put one in and make an FS2002 model ( I don't have FS2004 ) that wouldn't be too much effort.

baldy

Martin's stuff at www.btinternet/~mnwright/ (http://www.btinternet/~mnwright/)

Drzook
August 30th, 2009, 05:16
Thanks Drzook - There is no pilot in the aircraft as I use Martin Wright's crew figures via the dp - however I could put one in and make an FS2002 model ( I don't have FS2004 ) that wouldn't be too much effort.

baldy

Martin's stuff at www.btinternet/~mnwright/ (http://www.btinternet/~mnwright/)

That would work great.:jump: I'm putting in Lawdog's Gnome-Rhone sound at this point.
Thanks for putting this out--I knew about the D.371 and D.372 but a naval version with tailhook and folding wings? I'd like to say I've seen everything but I got a feeling I haven't. Again thanks for keeping us on our toes.:ernae:

baldy
August 30th, 2009, 07:30
Have uploaded new model folder - forgot a readme - just replace the existing model folder with this one and it will work in CFS2, FS2002 and FS2004

baldy

Drzook
August 30th, 2009, 13:10
Thank you very much! :ernae:

miamieagle
August 31st, 2009, 13:52
I just want to thank Baldy!

peperez
September 1st, 2009, 04:15
I was working in a new panel, based on photos of the real thing, and in a dedicated airfile for the D.376. They are ready and I'll upload them today.

Cheers for Baldy!

Pepe

Jagdflieger
September 1st, 2009, 10:03
Thanks Peperez!

peperez
September 3rd, 2009, 04:58
I hope you enjoy them.

peperez
September 3rd, 2009, 07:52
The 2D panel was based at a highly modified Phill Perrot Hs123 BMP...

Cheers

Pepe

baldy
September 3rd, 2009, 10:02
Nice work Pepe

baldy

peperez
September 3rd, 2009, 10:50
Thank you, Baldy! By the way, I asked one gauge magic to did a very special French gauge. It concentrated speed, inclinometer, VSI and turn indicator at one piece! At my Dewoitine 376 2D panel its on the right side. To simulate it, I needed FOUR gauges and a cover panel! It was used by the D.376, Bloch 152/57, Caudron 714 and MS.406.

Cheers

Pepe