PDA

View Full Version : I Bought FSX...Hope I do'nt Regret It To Much

casey jones
October 22nd, 2008, 09:15
I was at Wal-Mart in Red Wing MN yesterday and saw FSX Delux for 29.00. I thought I hope I do'nt regret buying it as I am a strong FS9 fan, my PC is a HP 2.53 Gz 2 GB ram with a GE Force 6200 card XP. Then I went to the Fltsim.Com and looked at the Airport Scenery D/Ls which I saw I liked alot of them...and I was glad the DC3 was still there..but! then I saw that some of the freeware scenery required Payware!!! to use it..wait a second then its not freeware! This I do not understand...sorry but I was surprised to see that. All I can do is hope and pray my system will be able to handle it (FSX) okay. I have high hopes for FSX...I think it will do well into the future.

Cheers

Casey:icon_lol:

wildcat400
October 22nd, 2008, 09:43
I was at Wal-Mart in Red Wing MN yesterday and saw FSX Delux for 29.00. I thought I hope I do'nt regret buying it as I am a strong FS9 fan, my PC is a HP 2.53 Gz 2 GB ram with a GE Force 6200 card XP. Then I went to the Fltsim.Com and looked at the Airport Scenery D/Ls which I saw I liked alot of them...and I was glad the DC3 was still there..but! then I saw that some of the freeware scenery required Payware!!! to use it..wait a second then its not freeware! This I do not understand...sorry but I was surprised to see that. All I can do is hope and pray my system will be able to handle it (FSX) okay. I have high hopes for FSX...I think it will do well into the future.

Cheers

Hi Casey,
Your best bet would be to get yourself another gig or two for that hard drive. Once you get used to FSX you will be hooked then you will want more aircraft (which requires a tad bit more hard drive space). Let us know how it turns out! :ernae:

Judan
October 22nd, 2008, 10:32
You won't regret FSX,I got when it first came out and have not regreted yet.
Have fun salute Judan.

Lionheart
October 22nd, 2008, 10:47
Hey Casey,

There are some things to tune on it before you get into it big time. Remember to download/install the SP1 and SP2 updates. Also, run Disc Clean and then Defrag 'before' installing FSX, and especially SP1. (Some defrag between each installation of all three).

There are some interesting little changes you can make/tweak to the FSX config file that helps out also, although your system might already be able to handle all the Autogen trees and buildings. (alot..... ).

If frame rates arent over 20, try turning off all traffic, especially car, boat, and jet traffic and lower GA traffic to about 12 or 15%.

For alot of people, running FSX in 'full screen mode' instead of windows 'docked' mode will give you alot more frames also. A very few say otherwise.

This is an odd sim in that some people have totally diff results with performance compared with people that have almost identicle systems. So dont be put off by certain things running slow, etc.

I love that ground traffic. Every now and then, I'll turn it on, go over to a highway and watch the cars and trucks drive past, lol.. Coolest thing I have seen in ages...

(I wish I could figure out how you can add cars to the AI car traffic.. arrghh.. )

Bill

guzler
October 22nd, 2008, 11:18
I am running a 2.4ghz AMD with 2 gig ram and an 8800gt. Do the CFG tweaks as mentioned, and also download smaller autogen texures that are available as autogen is a killer. I now have them set mid level.

hey_moe
October 22nd, 2008, 13:13
Everything in FSX looks better...the planes, gound and the water...once ya get it set up you will like it....Mike

harleyman
October 22nd, 2008, 13:20

Cheers

You will too get hooked......

With a name like yours I bet you can't wait for MSTS to be released....:applause:

txnetcop
October 23rd, 2008, 06:55
Casey, maybe I can help. Load it first and see what you get. Let us know
Ted

I need the model number of your HP

gera
October 23rd, 2008, 07:21

Cheers

Amigo.....sorry, you sure need better hardware to enjoy FSX as ment to be!!!