PDA

View Full Version : A Logitech 3d Force Feedback joystick question.

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 08:43
I have only had this joystick for a couple days, but really like it. Also bought one for my father in law, and he loves it.

But the sensitivity is too high. I have tried to lower it, using the settings sliders in FSX, (and in FS9 on my father in laws computer), but it doesn't have any effect.

Am I doing this incorrectly? If someone else has this controller, and can offer advice, that would be great!

NC

olaf1924
October 22nd, 2008, 09:01
navychief go to your control panel then click on the game control icon some times it is combined with other hardware icon. then click on to properties followed by clicking the advanced setting this should allow you to adjust your ffb. I use a msff2 and that is how I adjuset my stick.:wavey:

FireStorm II
October 22nd, 2008, 09:12
Hi NavyChief,

I found adjusting that stick from in-game works well.
I go to the control options and click on calibrate.
Then from 'properties', go to 'settings' and adjust.
Now 'close' and click 'OK' all the way back to the game!

HTH :wavey:

(shown settings are experimental!)

CodyValkyrie
October 22nd, 2008, 09:28
I wish one of these days someone would indeed create a force feedback yoke...

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 09:41
Thanks all. I am off to try it again, AND the Saitek Switch Panel, which isn't cooperating!

NC

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 12:34
No matter what I do, the sensitivity is unchanged. Any other ideas?

NC

harleyman
October 22nd, 2008, 13:23
Once you get to the properties in FSX can you not set the Null for it all higher? I can with my 3dPro....

Pepere
October 22nd, 2008, 15:07
I wish one of these days someone would indeed create a force feedback yoke...

I did! I put a CH Flight Sim Yoke on a Microsoft force feedback joy stick base. It works great. It's very smooth and you can control final landing of a Boeing 747 or any aircraft really nicely. I Have a cirrus ($600.00) yoke and this yoke I made work 100% better. I'll Get some pictures and post them in the thread in a bit..

David

Pepere
October 22nd, 2008, 15:11
My Yoke and my cockpit:

harleyman
October 22nd, 2008, 15:26
Pepere..I want to come fly from your house...LOl

Nice set up there......:applause::applause:

Navy Chief
October 22nd, 2008, 15:30
That was it, the Null setting! Never understood how that worked until now. Thanks.

NC

Tako_Kichi
October 22nd, 2008, 15:34
Nice cockpit!

The pit on the screen looks vaguely familiar too ....now where have I seen that before! :costumes:

Rich
October 22nd, 2008, 15:37
There has been a change in FF with FSX, where FF was controlled by section 320 in the AIRFILE in Fs9 none in of the default FSX aircraft have this section in their airfiles but have FF, it would seem FF now has a default flight FF built in, a bit heavy for my liking so I put in a good section 320 in the airfile in any acft that does'nt have 320 that over rides the default, that default kite thing does'nt have a ground FF section in aircraft.cfg and is very rough on the ground handling

Pepere
October 22nd, 2008, 18:27
Pepere..I want to come fly from your house...LOl

Nice set up there......:applause::applause:

Thanks harleyman. It took a few years to get to this point. And I think there are more points ahead too...:kilroy:

David