PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

EMatheson
August 19th, 2009, 09:12
This is my final post at SOH for a while - I am leaving tomorrow, 8:30 AM, to Ghana, where I will not be allowed access to the internet by the rules of my Mission for my Church. The typical length of a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for a kid like me is 24 months - 2 years. Which means that starting tomorrow, I will not be here for practically forevermore internet-time.
So, "So long and Thanks For All The Fish!" It has been nice to be here!
Goodbye.

Dangerousdave26
August 19th, 2009, 09:16
Stay safe

And have a good trip

modelr
August 19th, 2009, 09:22
Stay safe and good luck. We'll be here when you return. God Bless. :engel016:

Richard Westcott
August 19th, 2009, 09:32
Have a good time and look after yourself.

All the best

TARPSBird
August 19th, 2009, 09:40
So long, God bless, stay safe. We'll be here when ya come back. :)

huub vink
August 19th, 2009, 09:43
Make your mission a successful one and see you in two years Ephram!

Huub

Lionheart
August 19th, 2009, 10:08
Gods blessings be with you Ephram. May the Lord be with you on your journey, and may great and amazing things happen.

:engel016:

See you in 142 months.

Bill

CG_1976
August 19th, 2009, 10:34
Stay Safe and may the mission be a successful one:engel016:

Chacha
August 19th, 2009, 10:37
See you in 142 months.

Bill

Was it 2 years? 24 months?

Bill,

142 months, your talking light years again, man! :icon_lol:

Eli

Wing_Z
August 19th, 2009, 11:12
Big journey - literally and figuratively.
All the best, and thanks for your contributions here.

luckydog
August 19th, 2009, 11:37
We'll keep the porch light on for ya.......

Good luck.

Cees Donker
August 19th, 2009, 11:43
Stay safe! That's a long time! Succes!

:wavey:

Cees

mrogers
August 19th, 2009, 13:47
Thats a long time...24 months without internet access. I wonder if you'll get withdrawal symptoms for a while?
God's blessings be with you on your journey, Ephraim, and also thank you for your contributions here too! All the very best,

smilo
August 19th, 2009, 13:59
looking forward, 2 years may seem an eternity.
looking back, it is but a heartbeat.

TomSteber
August 19th, 2009, 15:07
Stay safe, God bless and we'll leave the light on for ya!

edmoore235
August 19th, 2009, 15:22
OK, you be safe and be back here in two years or twenty-four months whichever is shorter!! Will look forward to your return.

All the best.

Ed

srgalahad
August 19th, 2009, 17:08
looking forward, 2 years may seem an eternity.
looking back, it is but a heartbeat.

So true, but you won' t understand until the day your family welcomes you home.

Those who have gone before you can all vouch for the fact that it's an amazing burden and an incredible growth experience, exp. in such a 'far away' place.

See you soon!

Good luck and God Bless!

Rob

Ashaman
August 19th, 2009, 18:15
While I do not know you personally, I, like every one who has undertaken a similar (or almost similar) venture, cannot but sympathize. Most of the times these kind of far away duties are tough at the start, but they become a great learning experience about yourself and the world.

Be well. May God be with you and return when you'll be able, we'll wait. :wavey:

OBIO
August 19th, 2009, 18:21
Have a safe journey and keep your eyes open...this is a learning experience that you could never acquire from even the finest university.

Two of my friends in high school were members of the Church of Later Day Saints. Dave, the older of the two, was two years older than me and his brother, Tim. Dave, for his mission, spent two years in China working as an interpretor with American Consulates office, building schools, digging wells, and studying martial arts under the Chinese masters. He was a very talented martial artist when he left, and he was superbly superbly skilled when he came back. He said that the two years he spent helping others had made expanded his mind and heart in ways that he could never duplicate in any classroom.

Tim spent his two years in some really odd place, deep in the Amazon jungle.

OBIO

Cazzie
August 20th, 2009, 03:12
Go in God's blessing Ephram, His duty matter far more than our little forum. As long as we can keep Ickie straight and healthy, we'll be here for you when you return.

Caz

Sid2008
August 20th, 2009, 11:45
While on mission, forget about Flight sim and focus on the work of the Lord.

My best wishes.

Firebar
August 20th, 2009, 12:01
Keep yourself safe and do some good work.

Don't worry you'll get over the withdrawal symptoms for SOH after a year or so...