PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to get rid of white textures with DX10?

djscoo
August 17th, 2009, 09:30
Last night I had the urge, so I bought the Alphasim Skywarrior despite the fact that it's a portover. It's actually a pretty nice model for it's age. Unfortunately I have to turn off DX10 when I use it because my textures turn all white. I'm sure this question has been asked a trillion times, but is there a way to get rid of the white?

falcon409
August 17th, 2009, 10:36
Two ways, both of which you've probably already figured out:
1. If you must run DX10 don't fly port overs
2. If you insist on flying port overs, turn off DX10

Pretty simple really, lol. Actually I have found a few port overs that aren't affected by the DX10 technology, but not many. It's the price we pay I guess, and actually I haven't seen much while flying with DX10 that makes me want to just drop everything and start preaching the wonders of DX10.

Henry
August 17th, 2009, 10:55
Is there a way of having two installs
one using dx9 and the other using dx10
i know you can change b&f
but 2 would be good
H

djscoo
August 17th, 2009, 10:59
Two ways, both of which you've probably already figured out:
1. If you must run DX10 don't fly port overs
2. If you insist on flying port overs, turn off DX10

Pretty simple really, lol. Actually I have found a few port overs that aren't affected by the DX10 technology, but not many. It's the price we pay I guess, and actually I haven't seen much while flying with DX10 that makes me want to just drop everything and start preaching the wonders of DX10.

I get the same, some portovers shw up fine, and others are all white. I don't see any visible difference other than water in DX10, but framerates are around 15-20 fps slower a low altitudes in DX9 for me. Once I get above 6,000 ft or so I can't tell the difference...I like to fly under the radar though.:gameoff: