PDA

View Full Version : Video problems

Skywolf
August 17th, 2009, 03:36
I have Black flickering lines on my screen when I try to play CFS2. I have a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT Video card. I have tried to install the newest drivers, but that does not work. Any suggestions?

Shessi
August 17th, 2009, 03:56
Hi SW,
When did you start getting the lines?

If from the start then.....hmmmm....

If from an update of your drivers then I would suggest (unless you need newer drivers for another game etc etc ) clearing out the driver and installing an old one (say one that came with the card).
CFS2 does not need very much in the way of graphics or CPU power.

Have you recently installed a video viewing programme or udated/upgraded one?

Give the driver down grade a go, an let us know.

Cheers

Shessi

tobob
August 17th, 2009, 10:16
skywolf,

I think this may have been brought up a few weeks ago. It may have to do with the actual model and it's inherent stray polygons. I believe I get the same anomalies while in vc. Are you using stock models? Maybe try a newer non oem model and see if the problem disappears, then it would be a problem with the models and not your video card drivers. Just a thought.

tobob

Skywolf
August 19th, 2009, 20:00
I notice this problem with all aircraft that I fly. Not sure except that it might be the screen resolution.

highpockets
August 24th, 2009, 10:19
Skywolf
Are you still having flickering problems? The lines started showing up on my cockpit screen a while back. They all seem to be eminating from the center top of the screen and radiating outward. Hasn't affected the sim otherwise that I can tell. I have not loaded anything in a while or changed cards. I am on a new computer now for several months. It worked good at first.
???