PDA

View Full Version : Constellation getting ready to be released

papab
August 17th, 2009, 03:23
http://justflight.com/

calypsos
August 17th, 2009, 03:36
I just hope the pilots are not still flying with their caps on, that would be a deal breaker for me! Nobody ever flies with a cap on....not since the second world war anyway!

Tim-HH
August 17th, 2009, 03:59
I just hope the pilots are not still flying with their caps on, that would be a deal breaker for me! Nobody ever flies with a cap on....not since the second world war anyway!

Obviously you haven't seen the great video of Arthur Godfrey introducing the Super Constellation ;)

Flying with Arthur Godfrey: |Part 1 (http://www.archive.org/details/Flyingwi1953)|Part 2 (http://www.archive.org/details/Flyingwi1953_2)|

Greetings
Tim

UnknownGuest12
August 17th, 2009, 09:06
Obviously you haven't seen the great video of Arthur Godfrey introducing the Super Constellation ;)

Greetings
Tim

Quite sure that was just for the publicity movie.
Absolutely no caps, when flying. First thing of, when leaving a passenger area...not mentioning the plane, much less the cockpit,,,

regards

ManuelL
August 17th, 2009, 11:23
Hi,
This looks quite promissing. Has anyone seen anything about the systems depth/realism of this addon? The product information doesn't say very much.

Thanks
Manuel

Anneke
August 17th, 2009, 13:18
so I'm afraid there isn't to expect much in this department...I hope I'm wrong but this is not going to be an A2A release..

Tim-HH
August 17th, 2009, 14:25
so I'm afraid there isn't to expect much in this department...I hope I'm wrong but this is not going to be an A2A release..
A hard judgment on a product that is not even released yet...:sleep:

Greetings
Tim

Roger
August 17th, 2009, 15:00
I'm hoping it won't be as difficult as accusim. The only way I could have a stress free flight in the Stratocruiser was to labotomise all the "clever" stuff.

papab
August 17th, 2009, 15:17
A hard judgment on a product that is not even released yet...:sleep:

Greetings
Tim

Tim I agree with you-
From the video they have done a real nice job on the Connie..worth every penny they are charging!

And the "Cap" comment-remember this is the golden age of flying when familys would dress in their Sunday best, linen napkins, real silverware, even real food! The "stews" were dressed in complete uniforms "with caps"....

I remember a flight from Cincinnati to Baltimore when I was 7 years old- loud engines and real nice folks on the plane to make the filght enjoyable..

To me the Pilot & CoPilot better be wearing caps in the cockpit.....

Rick

dharris
August 18th, 2009, 04:32
Let's just wait and see, I beleive it will be a short of a2a, which is more than fine with me, but will keep you busy and add plenty of depth. The work is brilliant, and Baz is a stickler for detail. He put alot more into this than I thought possible. He has a great work ethic so at least wait till you have this on your pc,to try to knock it down for this or that. Cannot understand how anyone could make a snap decision about details from a short video. Anneke, were you on the beta team? If so please fill us in on what you learned from her. What background on Connies do you have that would make you an expert on this? Please quantify your answers if you are going to make rash comments about something that has not seen the light of day yet. Done

calypsos
August 18th, 2009, 04:50
I'm hoping it won't be as difficult as accusim. The only way I could have a stress free flight in the Stratocruiser was to labotomise all the "clever" stuff.

For me, that is the failing of Accusim, a Connie or Strat needs at least 4 guys working as team to fly them. The P-47 is better, as it is a little less complex. The A2A Engineer would get a 'thick ear' from me, I often say "sort it out yourself', I am trying to fly the bloody plane!!!

And as far as caps are (CAPS):icon_lol:, concerned, let us wait and see. If any ex-airline pilot here can honestly say he wore his cap (or was told to by regulations) in flight, I might change my mind.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

dharris
August 18th, 2009, 04:57
Agreed, kind of hard to pay attention to everyones job, you end up not doing any very well.

Ian Warren
August 18th, 2009, 18:25
On the Mark .. :173go1:Set and ready to go , 'Don' new pc incoming within 24 hours .. ooo boy , if you get the gun first i'll pass the baton on to you :running:... 24-36 hours ...hells that the time it took to fly the Pacific :icon_lol:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">