PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth 4.3 Disney World

jimjones
October 22nd, 2008, 02:41
I've often wished there was a FS scenery like this.

If you have not seen this, it is simply amazing. Every one of the theme parks is modeled in 3D in realistic detail. The scope of the project is incredible and shows that the buildings are copyrighted to Disney. That probably means that it was created by Disney. Even some of the resort areas are included.

Suppose it is too much to wish that Disney would do this for FS too.

Navigating thru the scenery is a bit difficult, and a wheel mouse is helpful. Sure would be fun to use a copter instead. Probably would bring FS to its knees though.

harleyman
October 22nd, 2008, 06:59
I hunted it once but never found it...Then I learned it could be directed there but never did......:banghead:

jimjones
October 22nd, 2008, 07:59
Harleyman, easy to find. First pic might help, especially since it shows a yellow mouse head.

Scenery is much sharper than these pics.

harleyman
October 22nd, 2008, 08:12
Thanks for that...This is really some amazing technoligy we have at our disposal these days....:applause:

Marlin
October 22nd, 2008, 17:31
Would this be the correct time and place to bash those liberal peices of trash at disney? :censored:

There are plenty of other complete towns, villages, castles to explore in GE.

But yes Jim, it would be cool to export all of the GE buildings into the sim. Have been to Tokyo yet? :isadizzy:

jimjones
October 23rd, 2008, 02:58
Yes, Marlin. Been to Tokyo and I agree there are many great places to visit.

Been to New York city, LA, SF, Chicago, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Paris, London, Baltimore and others. Great models in most of those places. Was amazed at the coverage in Baltimore.

Even in Louisville a few buildings were very well done. Put the ones I developed for FSX to shame. Some nice talent out there.

Looked at the tutorials for GE's scenery designer. Nicely done, but did not go into some of the really difficult stuff. Have not seriously looked at that designer but it seems simple and I guess is only for GE.

Marlin
October 23rd, 2008, 18:41
But Jim, how do you get them from GE into FSX? :d

DennyA
October 23rd, 2008, 19:43
Would this be the correct time and place to bash those liberal peices of trash at disney? :censored:
No, it would be neither.

And we prefer "progressive," thanks. :)