PDA

View Full Version : A Setup for a 1, 2 punch

JoeW
August 15th, 2009, 11:50
Looks like we are gonna get another 1, 2 punch. ....... again.
You ready Forest?

TeaSea
August 15th, 2009, 16:09
Hey Joe,

We're watching that up here in Tampa.

The unit I work for has a very good Hurricane Evacuation Plan. You need a place to come, you just let me know....

Hell, I'll come down and get you myself.

TeaSea
August 15th, 2009, 16:12
You might have to deal with my in-laws though....

between the two, I'd take the hurricane.

Snuffy
August 15th, 2009, 16:19
Yeah ... little late for the season ... but I'm sure we're ready ... let er blow.

FAC257
August 15th, 2009, 17:33
I haven't dumped a total of more than an inch of rain out of my gauge for quite a long time. Everything is bone dry in this area.

A nice mild storm with a lot of rain would be very welcome.

FAC

Snuffy
August 15th, 2009, 17:36
ANA, (if she makes it) will probably be the rain maker ...
BILL on the other hand ... could be a bit of a bugger ...

:kilroy:

Snuffy
August 16th, 2009, 05:27
Hey Joe,

I just hate when they do this too ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539841,00.html

See we have a TD now formed off the southwest tip of FLA and headed north.

So we're gonna get number 3 before we get number 1 ... why can't they do this in consecutive order?

:jump:

Cazzie
August 16th, 2009, 06:16
Had me there Joe, my Christian name is Forest, with one "r" too. The Caz I got in the Navy and it stuck.

But yes, it looks like Florida is going to get a double whammy, Ana and Bill looks like they gonna piggy back you.

Here in Virginia we usually on worry about rain from Hurricanes. We usually get less rain inland where I live from a storm that moves up the coast than from one that crosses Florida and comes up the Gulf, go figure. But we rarely get winds unless the hurricane makes landfall along the Carolinas and moves inland rather than following the east coast. Have to say though, we've been pretty free the past two years, so I have to add that "it's about time". We're due, even though I don't want to go through what Fran did to us in '96. Floods and high winds are no story to write Monm about. It tooks us two months after Fran before our roof damage, tree damage, yard damage, flood damage, etc. was bacjk to normal. Good thing I did not have a computer then, it would have been 86'd.

Hope both dissipates and don't strengthen, in the meantime, y'all batten down, ya hear.

Caz

Panther_99FS
August 16th, 2009, 06:31
Stay safe over there!

Snuffy
August 16th, 2009, 07:12
Hey P,

that tropical depression forming off the west coast of FLA could give you guys in LA a bit of a bugger depending on its undecided path ...

Get yer umbrella ready.