PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR CFS2 Problem

Devildog73
August 15th, 2009, 03:12
Guys, since I have been on the road doing a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move for our good Uncle Sam, I have had little or no internet connection for over a week. I also did not have my big PC and had to rely on just the laptop while traveling. Once settled in our new home in Silver Spring, MD I was able to hook up the PC, but had no internet until Verizon could get out to lay the fiberoptics and install my FiOS, which took over a week to schedule. All this to say that I was able to do a great deal of flying in CFS2 while not hooked up to the outside world.

I have flown around the world this past week and a half. I particularly enjoyed flying all over England and Scotland at about 8500 to 9000 feet altitude!

The new scenery is absolutely excellent! The new airbases allow for wonderful opportunities to land at pretty complete and era accurate airbases with buildings.:wiggle:

Herein lies the MAJOR CFS2 Problemo that I ran into: :mixedsmi:

Every time I landed and had my plane refueled, the nasty bugger would not let me deplane and sight-see on the ground and visit the locals! I am a people person. I really enjoy meeting new people in new places. I really, really, really wanted to get out and meet the locals in Scotland and England and CFS2 would not even entertain that kind of idea.
:bump:

Jagdflieger
August 15th, 2009, 15:15
DD,

Glad to hear that you made it to your new station in one piece. I hope the movers get your furniture there in one piece too!

You might have to do an OCONUS PCS to England for the pup experience!

Blue Devil
August 15th, 2009, 15:42
...Every time I landed and had my plane refueled, the nasty bugger would not let me deplane and sight-see on the ground and visit the locals! I am a people person. I really enjoy meeting new people in new places. I really, really, really wanted to get out and meet the locals in Scotland and England and CFS2 would not even entertain that kind of idea.
:bump:

Always have a six-pack of Guinness stout, ...and a bottle of Glenmorangie Single Malt (or Highland Park) on hand...

...they will come.

Devildog73
August 15th, 2009, 17:10
Jag, actually, this was the BEST PCS we have done in my entire military career. It was door to door with no storage. Only one piece of furniture damaged this time.

God was really good to us. We advertised our house for sale for $4900. more than we paid 20 months ago and got an offer at $900. less. We closed Thursday and now are mortgageless and have our down and $4000. back.

We found a 4 bdrm, 3.5 bath house in a quiet neighborhood just north of DC in Aspen Hill area of Silver Spring, MD for under BAH. Movers took all boxes and we are now 75% settled in. WRAMC Research facility with commissary is just down the road about 2 miles, work is down Rock Creek Pkwy about 30-45 minutes, DC Metro subway is just down the street.

If our uncle ever sends you into MDW, drop me a line.

Jagdflieger
August 16th, 2009, 03:09
Wow! You really lucked out with your new house and location. The DC area is notoriously hard to find lodging in.

I spent some time at the near by Fort Meade back in the late 80s and took advantage of the assignment and went to all the museums in DC and the US Army Ordnance Museum at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.