PDA

View Full Version : OT: If it can be lost ...

Snuffy
August 13th, 2009, 09:47
The Russians know how to do it ...

Seems one of their cargo ships went missing after sailinlg through the English Channel ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539245,00.html?test=latestnews

Lionheart
August 13th, 2009, 10:00
I have been monitoring this. Its really odd.

This is a cargo ship. It was shipping wood to a country, which its route took it past Sweden, down through the English Channel, towards the Bay of Bisquay, (however that is spelled).

The ship encountered a boarding party in Swedish waters off the shores of Ollo Island. The men, wearing masks, beat the crew, tied them up, said they were police, went through the boat, then hours later, let them free, got in their fast rubber boat, and off they went.

Crew continues on their cargo run. They get to the English Channel, and just as they are clearing England, the ship is gone. No communications, no radar, no debris, no nothing..

So far, Sweden has joined the search as they are responsible for their own territories, and they want to find out if they have a pirate problem. Russia and England think this may be a personal matter between the shipping company and the bank that owns them. Perhaps someone repoed the ship! Pretty big repo if you ask me.

I just hope there was nothing 'bad' on that ship. Thats what I am thinking..

Bill

OBIO
August 13th, 2009, 10:30
Aliens I tell ya, ALIENS...and not the kind that live on your street and speak languages that you can't understand. The kind from way beyond our atmosphere. They beamed the ship up and took it into deep space. I recently read an article in UFO Digest that a group in California picked up radio signals from Quandro 4, and it seems that they are in need of lumber to build a new swing set for Emperor Zort's grand children.

On a serious note, I hope the crew is safe and sound....ships and boards can be replaced, but human lives are not.

OBIO

bushpilot
August 13th, 2009, 10:53
I just hope there was nothing 'bad' on that ship. Thats what I am thinking..

It has been speculated that the ship is carrying some illegal cargo, weapons or whatnot. The reason for speculations is the strong interest towards the ship by Russians (military ships and satellites searching). Although Russians have declared that the interest arises from the fact that the crew is Russian. The ship is actually owned by Finnish company.

Meshman
August 13th, 2009, 10:53
...that a group in California picked up radio signals from Quandro 4,

Out here, we don't even need fancy antennas to pick up the signals...:bump:

Z-PurpleBubble
August 13th, 2009, 13:49
Out here, we don't even need fancy antennas to pick up the signals...:bump:

Meshman, we all know what is used over in California to "pick up signals"!!! :kilroy:

Snuffy
August 14th, 2009, 10:09
Well it looks as though they found it ... but not a lot of current information ... i.e. crew found etc ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539380,00.html?test=latestnews

Lionheart
August 14th, 2009, 10:32
I saw that. The Yahoo release has alot of details on it. So far, its still outside of Portuguls waters and has asked Russian authorities to catch it and see whats going on.

No news yet on the crew or if anything else has happened.

On source says the guys that originally boarded them may have left a couple of people on board as plants to overtake the crew later. Thats here-say though.

Bill

GT182
August 14th, 2009, 11:23
Avast maties, Black Beard has returned to pillage the seas. :kilroy:

Snuffy
August 15th, 2009, 17:23
Well Fox News updated my last link about the sighting of the Artic Sea ... turns out the sighting was false ..

Now rumor has it ... there's a ransom being asked ..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539701,00.html?test=latestnews

bushpilot
August 17th, 2009, 04:31
Finnish National Bureau of Investigation has confirmed that Arctic Sea have been hijacked and ransom is being asked. National Bureau of Investigation has received photos from the ship which show members of the crew being tortured. Finnish, Swedish and Maltese police forces are investigating the case with the help of Interpol and Europol.:kilroy:

Lionheart
August 17th, 2009, 07:16
I hope they recapture the ship, rescue those sailers, and slowly, slowly, torture the heck out of those pirates... Then, afterwards, ship them off to North Korea for a pleasent stay in their recreation camps...

Snuffy
August 17th, 2009, 07:41
Looks like its found again ..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539926,00.html

bushpilot
August 17th, 2009, 08:08
Yeah and not a word about the hijackers. I bet the Russians put some bad a$$ commandos to Arctic Sea and bye bye hijackers....

Lionheart
August 18th, 2009, 11:52
Man, this is just getting wierder and wierder...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/missing_ship

Ship found, pirates overthrown, all lived, no shots fired, no one seems to be hurt.

No pirates evidence found in Sweden. Confirmations of ship doing eratic behaviours during the boarding time in Swedish waters, (Baltic Sea).

My thoughts; Ship was to be used to haul something bad overseas... I can only think perhaps a nuke. Who knows..

Should be interesting, but I doubt the truth will come out on this one. Sounds pretty far fetched.. The inflatable boat came from no where, no evidence on the Gottland Island. I am thinking a sub surfaced and dispatched the boarding party. The people (pirates) are from former soviet union countries. So that tells you some things there..