PDA

View Full Version : Question About Flight Environment X

CrisGer
August 12th, 2009, 10:12
I have a questoin about Flight Environment X which i am experimenting with currently, it does a great job on adjusting water textures, which i really wanted, but the skies are lacking, imho. i would like to try to use just the water but to keep default skies or do other things with them. Does anyone know if you can do this? thanks for any tips on this.

dharris
August 12th, 2009, 12:47
When you log on to your fex account, locate the master themes scan thru to the water themes section until you find one you like and then just go back to the main button at the top of the page choose the install files. That is all you have to do. The clouds I think are quite nice.,

Nick C
August 12th, 2009, 13:05
In the settings you can enable and disable what you do or don't want it to alter.

Go to Options|Install Options then look under the 'FEX Installation Options' heading.

CrisGer
August 13th, 2009, 12:42
thanks guys, ys the clouds are beautiful, but i found the sunset themes limited, i love the long slow sunset in default FSX as that is one of my favorite times to get specialty screenshots....i just hope to enhance it get more effects, may try to see about putting some of my own sunsets in there :)

thanks very much for the tips on the adjusting. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the choices, but FEX is certainly a wonderful feature to have.