PDA

View Full Version : MAW-Fulmar, Skua, Swordfish question!

hannes
August 10th, 2009, 14:41
Hello,
I have some questions about MAW. First: Is it possible and how to make Fairey Fulmar and the Blackburn Skua flyable, or at least chooseable from the menu as an Ai plane??? And my second question: all the Fairey Swordfish 's dont have propellerblades, is there something missing in my install or is this 'normal'? I hope someone can help me? thanks!!!

Mathias
August 10th, 2009, 14:51
Hello,
.... And my second question: all the Fairey Swordfish 's dont have propellerblades, is there something missing in my install or is this 'normal'? I hope someone can help me? thanks!!!

Nothing wrong with your install, I just didn't come around to finish the plane, shame on me...:monkies:
I've passed the source file on to someone in the modding community so chance is that it'll receive a propblade and other updates sooner or later.

Talon
August 10th, 2009, 15:06
The Fulmar and the Blackburn Skua are chooseable as AI.I've done missions using them as ai.

Talon

Capt. Winters
August 10th, 2009, 16:06
Hi Hannes,

To make the Fulmar etc selectable from the QC list you need to edit the air file.

open the file using Air Ed (I cant remember were to download this program from, off the top of my head, someone will let you know I'm sure)

you open the airfile in question read down a few lines and you will see a section called aircraft type.

Change the number from 2 to 0 (or maybe its 0 to 2) and hit enter, close and save.

you now have to delete the .bdp file from inside the planes folder.

thats it you should now be able to select the plane in question from your QC menu as either a target plane or flyable plane. beware though planes are made as AI only for a reason, there usually not quite finished, ie they look ok from a far but not quite polished enough for player planes.

you will probably find very redimentry VC files included or possibly no VC files at all.
this edit will also cause missmatch errors should you try to play online with them.

HTH's

regards Rob.

grizzly50
August 10th, 2009, 16:58
:kilroy:Here: http://desktopaviator.tripod.com/Programs/Utility/Air_Edit/index.htm:d

hannes
August 10th, 2009, 23:20
:applause:Thank you very much for your reply, I got the Skua and the Fulmar flying, easy job actually , but you have to know! And for Mathias: Someday n small update would be great, but the Swordfish, with or without propblades, is still my favorite cfs3 plane!! Thanks, Hans:wavey:

Old Tiger
August 11th, 2009, 05:41
:wavey:If you want props on those fishs Ya can get em here.

http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS3/aircraft/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20CFS3%20Planes.php

Mathias
August 11th, 2009, 06:38
:wavey:If you want props on those fishs Ya can get em here.

http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/CFS3/aircraft/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20CFS3%20Planes.php

Aw, that's our stoneage versions, basically just CFS2 portovers.

Old Tiger
August 12th, 2009, 10:28
:wavey:Hey Mathias The DR_Fairey_Fulmar_x9589 has a tail hook that won't go up, it justs hangs and drags along the ground. Is there a way to make it work? Using shift H does'nt do it. And a big thanks :ernae:to hannes for bringing it up bout those two birds. I had Maw from the git go and never relized they were there. They fly and look great:medals: