PDA

View Full Version : REX and Vista64

PRB
August 10th, 2009, 13:15
So I bought REX. Seems I have to run this configuration application before I can zoom around my new clouds. I have Vista64. Configuration app wants me to browse to my FSX.CFG location. When I do that I get an error (see pic). The error tells me to check the error log, but the error log is as clueless as I am, as can be seen in the attached pic. I just know this is a Vista issue! Has anyone seen this (and solved it)? REX is right now precariously perched at the precipice of the uninstall button…

Warrant
August 10th, 2009, 13:49
No issues like that. But i do have an issue with my Saitek Switch Panel since the installation of the update of REX; the thing stopped functioning all over sudden.
I now have to manually start the swith panel application after FSX startup iot make it work again.

Also run Vista 64

papab
August 10th, 2009, 14:49
So I bought REX. Seems I have to run this configuration application before I can zoom around my new clouds. I have Vista64. Configuration app wants me to browse to my FSX.CFG location. When I do that I get an error (see pic). The error tells me to check the error log, but the error log is as clueless as I am, as can be seen in the attached pic. I just know this is a Vista issue! Has anyone seen this (and solved it)? REX is right now precariously perched at the precipice of the uninstall button…

By the looks of your screen you are running REX V1.0..You do not have V2.0 running-Need to patch this version...
You need to head on over to REX Support and there is tons of FAQ to help you with this:
http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php

BTW: post your order number in your signature line to receive help

Rick

PRB
August 10th, 2009, 15:08
Ahh.. Thanks, Rick. I saw v 2.0 in my download list, but thought it was something I could install after v1. Off to download now...

PRB
August 10th, 2009, 15:50
That did it! First flight, over KSUS with real weather. I like it. I need to fly some more... Thanks again, Rick, for helping out a bone-headed flight simmer...
:ernae:

Kiwikat
August 10th, 2009, 16:51
^^^ There's a plane I haven't seen in a while!

PRB
August 10th, 2009, 17:27
Yep, I like that Alphasim F-89. A fun jet!

One thing I really like about the REX clouds is that you can almost fly through them like real clouds, and they go by the window real fast when you pass by close to them. That's always been one thing I've disliked about the FS clouds. These go a long way towards fixing that.

And ... best of all, no frame rate hit that I've noticed yet!

papab
August 11th, 2009, 02:49
Yep, I like that Alphasim F-89. A fun jet!

One thing I really like about the REX clouds is that you can almost fly through them like real clouds, and they go by the window real fast when you pass by close to them. That's always been one thing I've disliked about the FS clouds. These go a long way towards fixing that.

And ... best of all, no frame rate hit that I've noticed yet!

PRB,
No problem.....
Hope your enjoying the new world of FSX with REX

You need to get on the REX support site and load down the .xml patch as well
There are stickies on how do it....

BTW- Try these two in a theme:
Sky:supercell thunderstorm
Cloud:set 36HD

Wheels Up!
Rick