PDA

View Full Version : DPC Korea Development?

FOO FIGHTER
October 21st, 2008, 15:30
Are there still plans to update Korea at this time?

Squiffy
October 21st, 2008, 21:05
I haven't heard much but I think the advances with gsl will help for KTO. Give it time. :icon_lol: By the way, your new avatar is wicked!

:isadizzy:

FOO FIGHTER
October 22nd, 2008, 11:23
Thanks Squiffy. Your pilots and airfields for Korea are awesome!:ernae:

There was talk of a possible update after MAW a few months ago with AvHistory doing some FM's for the Sabre IIRC. I know Ed Wilson would have played a major role (to say the least) in any update as well. I was just curious and hopeful that an update was still being considered.

O-1Driver
October 22nd, 2008, 11:34
Are there still plans to update Korea at this time?

If we could find someone to update the scenery and fix the water we could move alot of the stuff we have done in PTO and ETO over. It would be a great theatre.

O-1

pachi
October 22nd, 2008, 14:23
If we could find someone to update the scenery and fix the water we could move alot of the stuff we have done in PTO and ETO over. It would be a great theatre.

O-1
oh man that would be AWESOME!!! :jump::jump::d

gaw
October 22nd, 2008, 15:31
yeah......the water thing.....(you could land on it, right?)....I guess it was an unavoidable quirk during development and was a bit funky but it'd certainly be nice to see any of these move along a bit......good on ya!

FOO FIGHTER
October 23rd, 2009, 12:40
:bump:

Any more news on this front?

hairyspin
October 23rd, 2009, 12:54
I think you would need the source files for DPC to fix the water issue, and I'm not sure they even exist anymore. The scenery would probably have to be redone from scratch and I don't know if anyone since Ed has cracked that particular nut just yet - the SDK is obscure, wrong in places and as yet not properly documented.

MS didn't so much drop the ball here as the entire toolbox, and I don't think they'll do anything about it now. :banghead:

lewis11777
October 25th, 2009, 16:00
I think you would need the source files for DPC to fix the water issue, and I'm not sure they even exist anymore. :banghead:

I think those were the source files 0-1 Driver (Steve) destroyed awhile back after Ed passed away. If I recall, Steve was going to release those to the CFS3 community until someone raised hell. I think these were destroyed to avoid a fight between SOH members. Steve please correct me if Im wrong.

FOO FIGHTER
October 26th, 2009, 14:55
I was aware of the difficulties with the scenery. It has been a year since there was any mention of this and was curious to know if anyone had a chance to look into yet.

There seems to be a lack of interest in the KTO and I am afraid it will be forgotten.

BeauBrummie
October 26th, 2009, 22:44
I don't think there is lack of interest, but it became very complicated to do anything with the scenery after Ed's death. Also the guys most likely to do anything are currently busy with the ETO update.