PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing planes help!

zeke
August 9th, 2009, 09:10
Hello. I'm an experienced player and I've been adding add ons for some years now, but never in all this time something like this happened. Some of my planes simply disappeared! They're gone from the QC list! I've tried a fresh install with just the stock planes but at least one of them (OH Devastator) just won't show on QC window! I've tried everything even rebuilding the plane from the start but, nothing. Not even the name shows. Somebody give me some help here. I really don't know what else to do!!!

Thanks,

Zeke

OBIO
August 9th, 2009, 09:16
Check your sound and panel folders.

OBIO

zeke
August 9th, 2009, 09:35
Already did Obio. It was the first thing I did. I also keep a backup of all my planes in another directory once they are installed and checked for any problems so I copied the Devastator from my Backup list (all of them tried) but the problem persists. I've checked all files and they match the dates of creation with those of B24 Guy. It makes no sense!!!

Jagdflieger
August 9th, 2009, 10:35
I'm sure that you have checked, but is your "qc_plane" in good shape and does it list the planes you want to fly?

bearcat241
August 9th, 2009, 11:27
Start over, but use a QC editor proggy this time, like Jonesoft QCED (http://www.simviation.com/cfs1utilitites4.htm).

Drop a virgin copy of your stock QC file into the QUICKCOM folder, overwriting the old. Put all the planes into the main AIRCRAFT folder that you want to start with, including default stock and OH stock replacements. Run the editor and designate the path to your CFS2 install. It'll read everything in the main aircraft folder and list them. The default stock planes will appear as already installed, so you only need to bother with the addons.

zeke
August 9th, 2009, 11:31
I don't know what exactlly do you mean by "good shape" Jagdeflieger. Do you think it's there where I must start to look? I never messed with qc_plane much but I suppose that in a fresh install the OH Devastator should work, right?

Jagdflieger
August 9th, 2009, 18:45
It should work if it has the exact same folder name as the one named in the qc_plane document. If not, CFS 2 Quick Combat will not be able to find it.

The Jonessoft QCED is probably the easiest way to fix the qc_plane document (if it is the problem), but you can hand edit it too.