PDA

View Full Version : MultiCFS3-problem modifying file

Skwabie
August 8th, 2009, 12:56
Hi guys,

New to CFS3 here.

Was just installing ETO expansion 1.0, and when MultiCFS3 pops up, I enter CFS3 ETO Expansion as instructed, but after clicking "accept" a pop up window says "problem modifying file". Any solution?

hairyspin
August 8th, 2009, 13:12
Did MultiCFS have the statement CFS3.1 found at the top of the box? If not, ETO probably hasn't installed correctly. Try running MultiCFS again to see - it's in your new ETO directory.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2006/multicfs.jpg

Skwabie
August 8th, 2009, 18:48
Did MultiCFS have the statement CFS3.1 found at the top of the box? If not, ETO probably hasn't installed correctly. Try running MultiCFS again to see - it's in your new ETO directory.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/2006/multicfs.jpg

It didn't. Instead it said "MDL patch". I found the problem was that the installer didn't copy the original CFS3 files to the ETO dir, dunno why. So I manually copied the files and seems to be fine now.
Thanks for the reply mate.

rbp71854
August 9th, 2009, 02:45
Manually copying the stock CFS3 files into an existing directory of ETO Expansion files will not work.

The ETO Expansion installers are set up to copy the stock files into the ETO directory then delete selected stock files and then overwrite additional files so that you end up with only updated files in your ETO Expansion install.

Multicfs3.exe at the end of the process creates 2 ETO Expansion file folders in your user account and directs ETO to save "on-close conditions" to selected files within them.

You will need to delete your install and try again.:(

It didn't. Instead it said "MDL patch". I found the problem was that the installer didn't copy the original CFS3 files to the ETO dir, dunno why. So I manually copied the files and seems to be fine now.
Thanks for the reply mate.

Skwabie
August 9th, 2009, 06:03
Manually copying the stock CFS3 files into an existing directory of ETO Expansion files will not work.

The ETO Expansion installers are set up to copy the stock files into the ETO directory then delete selected stock files and then overwrite additional files so that you end up with only updated files in your ETO Expansion install.

Multicfs3.exe at the end of the process creates 2 ETO Expansion file folders in your user account and directs ETO to save "on-close conditions" to selected files within them.

You will need to delete your install and try again.:(

Ah....
That's bad. Copy that.
Being new to CFS3 I find a bit early to jump on the ETO wagon. I'll just tinker along with the stock campaign for sometime and come back later.
Again thanks a lot. Find it quite helpful here.