PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Britain, Part I

Rami
August 8th, 2009, 05:37
Hello all,

Today or tomorrow, Part I of the "Battle of Britain" will be released. These 74 missions will consist of one German campaign and four British campaigns. Inside this pack, you will find the following...

RussBoB (Now called "Hornchurch Squadron")
Hurricane Scramble! (Now called "Kenley Squadron")
Talon's CFS1 British BoB campaign converted to CFS2
The CFS1 German BoB converted to CFS2, by yours truly.
And, Talon's "August, 1940" missions, now a campaign.

The CFS1 converted campaigns are really cool...they are "mirrored images" of one another.

All of these missions use a network of only 11 planes, so the amount of downloads are somewhat limited. These campaigns are "general," meaning they do not stick with one particular aircraft. You'll be flying Bf-110s, Bf-109s, Hurricanes, and Spitfires. No Stukas...yet.

The second portion of the Battle of Britain deals with campaigns that feature you flying the same aircraft from the beginning to end of a 20 or 25-mission campaign. They will cover the Hurricane, Spitfire, Stuka, Bf-109, and the Bf-110, respectively. Lastly, there will also be a 25-mission Luftwaffe bomber campaign, bringing the total to 11 campaigns centering on this battle, and a total mission count of 209 missions.

(There's even a few others in other campaigns...Chianti / CAI and Heinkels!, for example.)

Is that enough for you fanatics? :d

Skywolf
August 8th, 2009, 07:01
NO!! Me wants more!:d

Rami
August 8th, 2009, 11:58
The pack is now just about ready for uploading, I am awaiting permissions and doing the final write-up. :engel016:

Update, 5:00pm: The pack will be released tomorrow.

I wrote this in the readme, but I just want to emphasize...

Note: There are a few downloads in this pack which have not been restored as of yet. They are only skins or props, and are not required to fly the campaign. These will be restored in the next several days. If you encounter a dead link, please not send me an e-mail telling me about it. It will not affect the campaign installation.

Ravenna
August 8th, 2009, 17:32
Thanks Rami. I'm looking forward to these.

:ernae:

Rami
August 8th, 2009, 18:39
The pack has been uploaded. :ernae:

I would like to extend an open offer to anyone willing to work on it...the airfile for the Aeroplane Heaven Bf-109e that I modified needs a bit of work. She is perfect by the numbers in Airwrench, but she tends to accelerate in "bursts" and the throttle settings are off.

However, I am confident that the Hurricane and Spitfire fly pretty much "by the book," especially in their performance envelopes.

PSULLYKEYS
August 9th, 2009, 16:26
Good stuff!!!! Pilots man your planes!! Thanks Rami!:guinness::guinness:

kelticheart
August 10th, 2009, 09:20
Thank you, Rami!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I can hear the dispersal bell going off already....

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

JapLance
August 10th, 2009, 09:25
http://www.birdbattlefieldtours.com/pix/battle-of-britain-pilots.jpg

Thanks mate, 1940 it's my favourite time in CFS2

Rami
August 13th, 2009, 06:20
It has been brought to my attention that I mistakenly used the High Speed Launch from Bruno's Malta pack rather than the single version. I also mistakenly used the Liberty Ship a couple of times, which is historically incorrect for 1940.

In addition, I noticed that on mission 16 of "Operation Sealion," I forgot to delete the stock CFS1 object names from the mission, which may result in funny markings.

Instead of doing an update, I would instead recommend that you download the pack from my site and override the missions. Sorry about this flub.

miamieagle
August 13th, 2009, 06:22
Thank you!

erufle
August 15th, 2009, 02:25
Your driving me nuts Rami (I know its actually a short putt). I will finish flying in Africa soon and will never be able to decide where to go next.:medals: