PDA

View Full Version : Gone to Arizona....

Chacha
August 6th, 2009, 18:15
Hey Folks,

It was my pleasure to see Ickie (Ron), and deliver the cargo. You guys are amazing. It is awesome to know I belong to this family.

My daughter and I are enjoying the Arizona heat. Wow, I mean HOT heat, you can feel your face being roasted.

Bumpy ride out there like you're riding a train. Overall it was a fun flight, except, there was a two year old kid who cried from Atlanta to Phoenix -non stop. I brought only one earphone, and you know who has it

I wonder where Canelo_Kid is at? (LOL)

Eli

Lionheart
August 6th, 2009, 18:36
Oh man....

I hope you brought your #70 sun blocker with alum. sparkles to reflect the intense sunlight, alum. foil to put on your upper body regions to keep out UV rays, Gamma rays, and intense sunlight, a fire extinguisher (in case clothes ignite), and water bottles, and Scorpian anti-spray, oh.. and a snake bite kit...

Im telling you... This is life on Mars!!!! Only difference is, Mars is cooler at night, and their dusty desert is red instead of yellow....

:kilroy:

Have fun while your out here ChaCha.

smilo
August 6th, 2009, 18:42
have a great time Chacha.
I used to live in Phoenix,
way to hot for my blood.
if you decide to cool down and head for the Seattle area,
please let me know.
I owe you dinner.

GT182
August 6th, 2009, 18:46
I've been to Phoenix and yeah it's hot. Try sleeping in the bunk of an 18wheeler with no a/c. Not fun at all.

Hope you have a great time Chacha and enjoy the scenery.

BTW... was that 2 year old's name Jeffrey? LOL Bill Cosby's "Himself" will tell you all about it if you haven't watched it yet. ;)

Lionheart
August 6th, 2009, 18:56
Here is one of the original inhabitants of the deserts of Phoenix, (named after a bird that exploded into flames, by the way).

This little 'being' is of the race of 'Phoenician-ites'... A race that once ran the deserts of the Phoenix dust lands, cultivating the area with holes.... arrgh. Great for golf courses.

By the way, there are several great museums downtown. The Heard museum, (nothing to do with livestock or Phoenician-ites), and a couple of others. Speaking honestly, there were some civilizations here that did some amazing things with the land by way of farming, which is very difficult in a desert waistland. The Museums go into it pretty well.

Bill

b52bob
August 6th, 2009, 19:34
but it's a dry heat

Donnybrooke
August 6th, 2009, 19:41
but it's a dry heat

Dry? As in your urine never touches the ground? That kind of dry? :icon_lol:

paiken
August 6th, 2009, 19:45
Yep, it's toasty out here. 8:45 p.m. and still 101 degrees. I get the distinct pleasure of working all day long outside in the heat. And this Saturday, the routes get longer to make up for the drop in mail volume. Hope I don't pass out from dehydration! But the winters more than make up for the heat!

Cactuskid
August 6th, 2009, 20:19
I feel sorry for you guys up in the Valley... It was a nice balmy 106 here in Tucson today... :icon_lol:

Hey Eli, if you can make a side trip down to Tucson, please come and visit us at the Pima Air Museum. You'll want to do it in the morning though... :wavey:

Terry
August 7th, 2009, 02:33
I feel sorry for you guys up in the Valley... It was a nice balmy 106 here in Tucson today... :icon_lol:

Hey Eli, if you can make a side trip down to Tucson, please come and visit us at the Pima Air Museum. You'll want to do it in the morning though... :wavey:

It's only supposed to hit 98 today in the Northwest valley, jacket time.

I was at the Pima Air Museum about 7 years ago, has anything new and noteworthy been added lately? May take a run down there this fall.

GT182
August 7th, 2009, 04:26
Cactus, is the Tripple T Truckstop still there? I could see the airport from there but never had the time to stop in. I hear its a great place to visit.

ChaCha, it's a beautiful ride down to Tuscon. Traffic can be a hoot but it's still a great ride none the less.

Cactuskid
August 7th, 2009, 06:35
It's only supposed to hit 98 today in the Northwest valley, jacket time.

I was at the Pima Air Museum about 7 years ago, has anything new and noteworthy been added lately? May take a run down there this fall.

There's quite a bit that has been added. The B-36 is finished and on display and the P-51D restoration is coming along nicely... :icon_lol:

http://www.pimaair.org/index.php

Cactuskid
August 7th, 2009, 06:40
Cactus, is the Tripple T Truckstop still there? I could see the airport from there but never had the time to stop in. I hear its a great place to visit.

ChaCha, it's a beautiful ride down to Tuscon. Traffic can be a hoot but it's still a great ride none the less.

Yup, TTT is still there and still has a great breakfast... :icon_lol:

Snuffy
August 7th, 2009, 07:57
Hope you and Hannah have a safe vacation Chacha ... enjoy.

Chacha
August 7th, 2009, 09:25
Have 30 relatives in Mesa, (they don't know we are here, yet, I have to do what i need to do here first, relax and enjoy the Phoenix heat. Hannah is enjoying the heated (!) pool, while I do my regular routine, checking SOH, the rest of the day will just be relaxation.

Eli

Panther_99FS
August 7th, 2009, 16:13
Enjoy yourself Chacha - Lord knows you deserve it! :mixedsmi:

Chacha
August 7th, 2009, 21:40
Oh man....

I hope you brought your #70 sun blocker with alum. sparkles to reflect the intense sunlight, alum. foil to put on your upper body regions to keep out UV rays, Gamma rays, and intense sunlight, a fire extinguisher (in case clothes ignite), and water bottles, and Scorpian anti-spray, oh.. and a snake bite kit...

Im telling you... This is life on Mars!!!! Only difference is, Mars is cooler at night, and their dusty desert is red instead of yellow....

:kilroy:

Have fun while your out here ChaCha.

Thanks for all your help man...
You make my life easier...

have a great time Chacha.
I used to live in Phoenix,
way to hot for my blood.
if you decide to cool down and head for the Seattle area,
please let me know.
I owe you dinner.

I will remember that smilo! Thanks

Chacha, I'm 3 1/2 hours south of Phoenix, south of Tucson in Bisbee a few miles north of the Mexican Border. Otherwise I'm in SE Arizona, was 91 degs here yesterday, were in the high Desert.

If your coming this way let me know, you are more than welcome.

As soon as I become a citizen of Arizona, I will pass that way, CK. Thanks

Enjoy yourself Chacha - Lord knows you deserve it! :mixedsmi:

Amen :engel016:

Eli

hey_moe
August 7th, 2009, 22:51
Take plenty of pictures and post some so we can all cry while ya having a good time...lol.

Lionheart
August 10th, 2009, 00:53
I spotted two tourists today in my home town in the land of 'dust and cactii'. They looked like they were either from Hawaii or Florida. I offered to take them to the world reknown Cheese Cake Factory.

Great fun. :d

We did a short tour of Northwest Phoenix.

Have fun Eli and Hannah. Hope you enjoy your vacation here.

Bill