PDA

View Full Version : OT: Sometimes it doesn't pay to act like a kid ...

Snuffy
August 6th, 2009, 12:30
Or at least younger than you are ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,537638,00.html??test=faces

Don't get me wrong .. great music great voice ... but all that gyraiting doesn't do a darn thing for me ... just sing and be good at it.

Please.

:wiggle:

Zevious Zoquis
August 6th, 2009, 14:05
I was supposed to be attending the now-postponed show in Winnipeg tomorrow night. I'm not a huge fan of either aerosmith or zed zed top but a buddy had an extra ticket.

I'm surprised this sort of thing doesn't happen more often as all these bands get older and still tour. Its a rigorous, surprisingly demanding job touring in a band - even a band where everything is basically set up for you...I mean I'm 42 and I already feel my balance and stamina declining. I can't imagine trying to romp around a big stage in a rock show at 61 :)

Moparmike
August 7th, 2009, 05:01
Dang...news can travel off of the prairie pretty fast sometimes! LOL
It's bike week in Sturgis and the bands playing at The Chip always put on a great show...a little on the wild side sometimes too. There's just too darn many people at the bandfest anymore for my taste though...I'd rather just kick back and do some touring around the hills instead anymore.

Hope Tyler turns out okay and I hope you get to see em play sometime Zevious. Yep, they're getting old (and Joe Perry sure ain't getting any purtier with age) but Aerosmith still puts on a great show.
I almost went for tickets to the Winnipeg concert but passed on em.

cheezyflier
August 7th, 2009, 05:23
i saw them play about 20 something tears ago in philly.
i actually went to see guns and roses who was the opener at the time, i'm not really an aerosmith fan. it turned out to be an interesting evening. aerosmith turned out the best live show i think i ever saw. i'm still not a fan, but they were awesome live.

that said, i think there comes a time to put it down. when you get to a certain age, it's not rock and roll anymore. at some point you become a cartoon.

Henry
August 7th, 2009, 05:30
It's bike week in Sturgis

and Darn i miss printing those pictures:monkies:
No one else in town would print them
grown ups having fun!:kilroy:
LOL
H

djscoo
August 7th, 2009, 09:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqZfrJpQUKg&feature=haxa_popt00us15
It's around 40 seconds in, he comes on stage and does a spin move, but trips over his own feet...:kilroy:

Willy
August 7th, 2009, 09:39
I went to an Aerosmith concert back in the old days (1977ish) and they put on quite a show back then.

Snuffy
August 7th, 2009, 11:05
I saw Aerosmith back in 3 rivers stadium ... many many moons ago ... back before some of ya'll was born ..

bushpilot
August 7th, 2009, 13:10
He's looking quite fresh for his age LOL:

http://static.iltalehti.fi/popstars/juttutylersairJOB_ps.jpg

Cloud9Gal
August 7th, 2009, 14:20
I love Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Guns & Roses, Van Halen, Rush etc.

Sorry to hear of Tyler's little misshap though...Hope he's ok? I agree, he looks darn good for a 61 yr old rock n' roller...he's had quite the "exciting" life to say the least!

Now Snuffy, if it would be his daughter (who's gorgeous BTW) gyrating and such, you'd be going gaga right? :bump:

demorier
August 7th, 2009, 17:08
I think the problem with most of these come-back type concerts is the artists have produced nothing new since there popular days...so they are just repeating the past, some exceptions I guess.

Snuffy
August 7th, 2009, 19:13
... Now Snuffy, if it would be his daughter (who's gorgeous BTW) gyrating and such, you'd be going gaga right? :bump:

No doubt that Liv Tyler is a lil' hottie ... but I don't think I'd ever see her "gyrating" like her old man ...

As far as going "gaga" ... I've been trained to have certain standards ... :engel016:

tigisfat
August 7th, 2009, 23:07

Good god man, I see a frail skeleton with a lot of hair dye. The years of drug use have obviously been hard on him. There's nothing wrong with aging, so I always think it's wierd to say that someone looks good for their age when they're sporting something artificial. My Aunt is an 82 year old woman who looks and acts great for her age. She doesn't die her hair or have surgery.

Naismith
August 7th, 2009, 23:53

http://static.iltalehti.fi/popstars/juttutylersairJOB_ps.jpg
Another good reason, NOT to do drugs.

Crusader
August 8th, 2009, 03:23
Another good reason, NOT to do drugs.

He even smeered his lipstick .:icon_lol: Great group . Keith Richards is another example .

Snuffy
August 10th, 2009, 04:52
News reports this morning indicate that Tyler (wrongly listed as guitarist) broke his shoulder in that fall ...

http://www.comcast.net/video/1208780529/aerosmith_guitarist_tyler_broke_shoulder

cheezyflier
August 10th, 2009, 08:27
There's nothing wrong with aging, so I always think it's wierd to say that someone looks good for their age when they're sporting something artificial.

i totally agree on this. i'll be happy to have survived if i live to be old. and proud of it, too. we had a thread in here a long while back about some hollywood starlett lots of guys were saying how good she looked even though she was 70. when i called them on it they felt i was being shallow. i just think there's nothing wrong with being old.