PDA

View Full Version : Pattonville Assistance

Zevious Zoquis
August 5th, 2009, 05:58
The best freeware FS9 airfield out there is indeed Pattonville ...

http://www.climbspeed.de/index.htm

Thanks again for Bill aka "Lionheart" for pointing me in the right direction for this stellar scenery many months ago ...

Mike :applause:

I've downloaded and installed this scenery a couple of times now and I can't get it to work properly. I looks like the sim is trying to use the defualt scenery and this new one at the same time and the textures are constantly switching back and forth or something. Is there something I need to do to get it working (since the docs are all in German I can't read them. :) )?

EDIT: ah, thx for moving this mods. Should have done it this way in the first place... :)

Lionheart
August 5th, 2009, 07:03
Hey Zevious,

I sometimes get a odd 'flashing' on the runway when on the ground, but nothing else. Its bothersome. I dont know how to cure it. The gentleman that made the scenery is 'Sashca'. He does tons of payware scenery for Aerosoft, mostly German airports. Supposedly, Pattonville is an area that he knows, which might be why he has it freeware.

Another bug for people with 32 bit systems and under 4 gigs of Ram is that the scenery tiles around the airport constantly 'reboot' when you look away for a moment, then look back. They will go to regular colors, then back to high detail photo real textures. I can only figure they are high resolution tiles.

I think (think) that running the sim on an OS that was 64 bits, with 8 gigs of Ram will get rid of that, but not the flashing runway.

Oddly, sometimes it doesnt do this. Only about 50% of the time. At least on my rig.

Zevious Zoquis
August 5th, 2009, 07:20
hmm, ok. Thx for the info...