PDA

View Full Version : Long, Slow, Lae

Dave239
August 4th, 2009, 11:49
Did that get your attention?

I’m not a designer, nor a modeler of aircraft. I am a flyer!!

I find that most of you guy’s in this forum love to strip them down to the parts.

I thought to myself “girl what can I do to get in on this action?” My answer is nothing as of right now. I’m grounded here with Grand Pa for the long haul, so today while we where at the clinic I put this together. After we got back I changed into some short short’s put a tank top on and placed my long red hair back. I took my 121lb. body and sat down to write the following exercise.

I can help anyone who wants to improve there flight skills and just make them feel better about flying aircraft in CFS 2. We will use only stock CFS 2 aircraft. I discover the screenshot gallery and thought I could use this for my advantage, because Becky loves to watch what’s going on when you’re doing it.

So with your approval I am starting to put together some training flights for all you. I will not make a mission of them for now. If there is enough interest in them then I’ll have pops make them into missions. Remember that all pilots who are serious about honing there skills must train and train again.

So if you feel up to it then let’s begin. Write these notes down or copy to some printable program for future reference.

I call this one Long Slow Lae.

1. Start up paint to put your screenshots on, if you don’t have a screensaver program. If your using paint save all screenshots as jpegs.
2. Start up Combat Flight Simulator 2
3. Take a screenshot of your realism settings I want to see a what level your at, I prefer 100% hard for this exercise so if haven’t flown at this setting try.
4. Select the F4U1A; under fuel settings place at 50%, your ammo load at set to 0, no drop tanks, no outside stores. Keep it clean, lean and mean.
5. Under free flight select Lae as your airfield.
6. Under temperature and weather go to advance weather set light clouds 3500 ft to 4500 ft winds south at 175’ 4 to 8 max gust to 12 take a screenshot and save.
7. Now that we have all that out of the way. Start the flight turn on your position markers (The Red letters and numbers on the top of the screen) you will find that you’re in the middle of the airfield not the end. Do your pre-flight check and start the engine.
8. Check all your views then turn your bird around heading back towards the mountains. We’ll call this the Mountain end of the field. Slowly taxi to the end of the runway be sure to get past the apron line and turn around. Center your bird on the runway, Take a screenshot and save I want to see it before it travels down the field.
9. Check that all is secure and that your canopy is closed drop your flaps to 40 and start down the runway. Remember the trick here is to stay on the runway as long as possible. Take screenshots and save at ¼, ½, 3/4 and near the end of the back apron. Build your air speed up slowly, no sense rushing things; this is our first time together. Remember it helps when traveling down the field to build up just enough air speed to get your tail of the ground. You can use your rudder to steer the beast down to the end of the field it’s easier with your tail the air.
10. Once off the ground take a screenshot and save. Now DO NOT RAISE FLAPS! DO NOT RAISE GEAR! keep your air speed below 130 and slowly climb to 500 ft climbing at a rate of 250 to 300 fpm no more no less. Take screenshots of your take off, turn and ascent,
11. Turn 10’ to right and start heading away from Lae at or about 5 miles out turn 90’ to the left and fly till you see Lae coming up on left front view slowly roll your bird over and set up for a rear entry.
12. Now begin your approach nice and easy aim for the turn area on the seaside apron. Land just before the apron marker, once down adjust your airspeed to keep the tail still of the ground. Take screenshots of the landing. Slowly let the tail come down to the surface, adjust you’re aircraft to follow a straight line back to the front of the field. Slowly taxi back to the beginning and turn her back around. Check your fuel levels if you have enough then get ready to do it again its great when you can do it more than once.

Once you have finished and are satisfied with your results post your screenshots on the just for fun area of our site give me a description of each shot and a briefing of what happened at that moment. REMEMBER I’M NOT REALLY THERE WITH YOU SO BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF AND ME. Post me a PM and tell me what you did right, what went wrong, what FUBARS you had and what you would like to improve on, also include the name of the exercise for there will be more to come. This one is to see if you can really land and take off.

[Caution] Use proper English when corresponding to me, only I could put a little play in the language and the descriptions of what you need to do. But I do love humor and jokes written or in photos. I mean boys will be boys and this is a man's forum I’m just part of the group. So don’t be shy and let me see what you got.

I'm waiting

Becky

Dirtman
August 4th, 2009, 12:13
I think I may have accidentally surfed into the "Penthouse Forum" site ... I thought this wuz SOH :isadizzy:

Is it getting warm in here, or is it just me?
- 'scuse please .... I gotta go take a cold shower .....

6984 6984 6984

Dave239
August 4th, 2009, 12:49
Now will you try a simple little flight?

Also I learned that some of us do not know how to make a screenshot.

Heres how I create one, pause your game. Press the print screen key, then press the window's key (The flag key between Ctrl and Alt) and D key at same time, your game should collapse to the control bar. Bring up paint, under edit paste to paint. Save in a new folder named my screen shots in my pictures, number your screen shots I start at 0001 save, then collapse paint (The _ key upper right corner) do not turn off or red X bring the game back up remember where your controls where set and continue the game. the next screenshot you make you can paste over the first one, but you must save as 0002 continue like this but remember to save as otherwise you will erase the one before. Make as many as you want. Remember to save all screenshots as Jpegs they will by smaller files

Collin
August 4th, 2009, 12:57
Dirty...she means grab ya other joystick and fly the sim thingy.:icon_lol:

C

mariereid
August 4th, 2009, 13:41
Now that's some fancy flying !!! Please go over it again, slowly, I'm just learning to fly!

Dirtman
August 4th, 2009, 14:16
I (and many others) use a freeware program called "Fraps" for screenshots.
The big advantage over M$ Paint is that you can take up to 999 pics at any time.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Fraps will also shoot live video in the sim. (or most any game)
30 second per clip when using the freeware virgin ...... I mean version :redf:

Find it here: http://www.fraps.com/

Dirtman
August 4th, 2009, 14:20
Please go over it again, slowly

Yes, YES! .... and could you wear big black boots too?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

Dave239
August 4th, 2009, 15:05
Sounds like a great title for next adventure.

Blondi
August 4th, 2009, 15:16
:jawdrop:you got to be kidding me.this forum is getting very wierd.the other day someone is flying a carrier around and today:a1089:.:icon_eek:I think a couple of cold showers are in order for Dirtman, and Mariereid.No one is ever going to get any work done if we start down this road.Is Becky an underage minor. Is Becky even a female.Might this be one of our compatriots in drag trying to corrupt our morals.[would not have to try all that hard in most cases].Just how are you guys going to feel if you find out that Becky is really Rami,or Jag or Obio pulling your leg:icon_lol:?
OK I've had my say now how about better pictures?

BLONDI:cost1:

Rami
August 4th, 2009, 15:17
Hey guys...let's keep this clean. If you refer to "lei / Lae," let's just make sure we're referring to the port city or the kind that go around your neck.

Dave239
August 4th, 2009, 15:25
Next adventure will be in proper english and yes I am a female and not a minor, so you boys clean up and will keep the nasty out of it. The Port city of Lae

Becky

mariereid
August 4th, 2009, 15:57
Oh that filthy Dirtman! I just wanted to make sure I got all the instructions right. Yeah, Dirtman, what if she, turns out to be a guy. Will you still want the black boots? You bunch of Animals!

(whisper)
Hey, Becky, your not a dude are ya?

Dave239
August 4th, 2009, 16:06
No I am not a dude.

Dirtman
August 4th, 2009, 16:14
oh that filthy dirtman! You bunch of animals!

Dirtman
August 4th, 2009, 16:31
Just how are you guys going to feel if you find out that Becky is really Rami,or Jag or Obio pulling your leg:icon_lol:?

Yo Larry;

It ain't Rami, or Collin or Captain Tenneal or B17Sam ...... cuz I'm sitting here yakkin' with um.

Blondi
August 4th, 2009, 18:21
Yo Larry;

It ain't Rami, or Collin or Captain Tenneal or B17Sam ...... cuz I'm sitting here yakkin' with um.

On second thought this whole thing sounds like something DIRTMAN MIGHT HAVE THOUGHT UP :kilroy::173go1:.
WANT TO FES UP NOW OR LATER TOM?:d

Dave239
August 4th, 2009, 19:02
Alright already:

Let’s cut the crap I thought that maybe putting some flirt in the Flight notes would get you a little excited to try the simulation. But I was wrong!

No one else put the notes up they are my own, now not only have you made feel like pooh (you know what word I really mean) but my Grand father is really pissed off at me I mean this is his membership I am Borrowing! Because you’re web site won’t support two membership from the same damn computer address.

So let me know if you want to try the simulation or not and all of you should apologize to me for just trying to put a little humor and tease in your lives.

Rami
August 4th, 2009, 19:15
Dave239,

Humor isn't the problem. There are many um..."characters" here in the basement, some Canadian, some who have drunk a bit too much grog, or in some serious cases, both. We tend to be a fun bunch.

Speaking for myself, I use CFS2 as a "historical simulator."

The beauty of CFS2 is that you can tailor it and fly it to your own tastes, from almost arcade-ish to full-on simulation.

Talon
August 4th, 2009, 19:37
The you go again Rami blowing your own horn.We all know what you crave,SOH Domination and than the World.:icon_lol::ernae:.

BTW welcome Becky.

Talon

Blondi
August 4th, 2009, 20:04
Yea , I know you are a girl. You have to realize after reading the begining of this thread that some of these charactors might have ended up in the cardiac ward from the exitment. You gotta be more carefull.The normal stuff from the forum is not this racy.It is interesting, but not heart pounding stuff.Also we have guys like Revev who drop by ocassonaly.I would hate to hear that Dirtman ,or Obio, had the big one after reading this thread:icon_lol:.Welcome to the Basement Becky.Have a good one .

Ravenna
August 4th, 2009, 20:22
Welcome Becky. I thought your opening gambit showed flair and edge. Why is it that guys are generally only appreciative of obvious humor. The most genuinely humorous people I know are all women. Maybe guys just don't get anything approaching irony.
BTW, Martin Wright put out a screen capture proggy called MGrab which would be useful for your training flights.

Mike

erufle
August 5th, 2009, 04:22
I want to apologize on behalf of Dirtman. Now you know how he got his name. I find a rolled up newspaper to the nose works well to keep him in line.

I think the forum is a much better place with women around. Please do not let our evil testosterone soaked mind scare you away Becky. We are really a harmless bunch. You just have to realize war and aircraft only serve to raise the level of this aggression inducing hormone. It just sucks for us guys that along with the aggression comes stupidity. The sad truth for old salty dogs like Dirtman and I is that the memories of our past conquests often surpass reality. Now, I realize that Dirtman is going to fire back "Speak for yourself." But, I think this kind of predictability only proves my point.

Welcome Becky. Its nice to know there are female pilots out there droppin' their loads over Lae. :icon29:

mariereid
August 5th, 2009, 04:31
Mornin' LADIES and gents: Welcome, Becky. We are all just having a little fun. Part of being a guy is "acting" like a moron. I am going to try to make some screenshots today. It will be my first attempt, so you have helped me with CFS2 already. Another member told me to get fraps, for shoots, movies, etc. This is where I come to learn about the sim, everyone is kind enough to help the new guys.
Well my wife saw your post, I'm wearing a tube top and shorts, now. I told her that's what all the guys wear. Oh, the ironing. I'll send pics, feel free to use them as nose art fellas.