PDA

View Full Version : Flight Planner?

falcon409
August 3rd, 2009, 22:15
Does anyone know of a flight planner that will allow for more than two airports in a flight plan? I have FSCommander, I've tried Courseplanner, FSPlanner and several others, but in all instances they see a flight plan as flying from point A to point B and that's it. I got spoiled with FSNav because I could drag anything up to the flight plan window and in no time have a full course cross country trip setup with airports, VOR's, NDB's and custom waypoints. I haven't found anything since that works as well as that. Everything I've come across is fly from this airport to that airport. . .done. . .maybe a VOR/DME thrown in for good measure. Anyone know of something like what I'm looking for?

Tako_Kichi
August 4th, 2009, 08:10
You can do that with the default flight planner in both FS9 and FSX.

All the 'Tours' I have posted recently were all done with the default FSX flight planner. Simply set up your start and end airports and then in the map area click on the red line and drag it to where you would like the waypoint to be. If you drop the line on an airport or navaid it will appear in the list correctly identified. If you drop the line in 'free space' on the map the point is recorded as 'WP1', 'WP2' etc.

There is also a trick to getting the full route to appear on the GPS in flight too. Once you have saved your finished flight plan you have to load it as normal but you will only see the start and end points of the route. You have to click on the 'Load' button on the Flight Planner screen and load the flight plan a second time and then ALL the waypoints will show up.

Have a look at this thread where I added screenshots explaining the process........

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=16805

The one thing I wish you could do is have the same start and end airports so that you could plan a circular route. Not figured out how to do that one yet. :isadizzy:

falcon409
August 4th, 2009, 08:13
Thanks Larry. . .I think I did that a few times a long time ago, but you get spoiled with FSNav. I'll take a look at the tutorial and go do a few to knock out the cobwebs, lol. Thanks.