PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be a bachelor again.....

Navy Chief
August 3rd, 2009, 14:15
Never thought I'd be going through another divorce, but such is life I guess.

This time is different, however. I'd heard of so-called "friendly divorces", but always thought it was pure B.S.

Well, that is exactly my situation. Unlike previous experiences, this time I am not being raked over the coals, either financially or emotionally.

But just wanted to share with you folks, as you are all my friends.

I am hoping to get back into simming again, once this is blown over on the 18th of Sept.

Meanwhile, I try to keep current on things.....

Navy Chief

Snuffy
August 3rd, 2009, 14:28
Yikes ... :isadizzy:

harleyman
August 3rd, 2009, 14:56
Aw man..Pete...I'm sorry to hear that....

I know how it feels..My marriage is very shakey too these days..

I feel for ya...

at least its not ugly...

OBIO
August 3rd, 2009, 15:17
They say that the number one cause of divorce/marriage problems is finances. And with the current financial crisis, lots and lots and lots of marriages are "under fire". Luckily, my wife and I are used to being poor, so we are doing just fine with $4.18 in the bank and 11 days to go before we get more money. Deb and I just got done playing some Wii bowling, she is taking a shower right now, and once she gets dressed and primped (which will take about an hour), I am going to help her walk down to the pond...she hasn,'t been down to it since before her brain surgery last August. This walk will be her longest walk without a walker to date...so it will be a mile stone of sorts.

Navy Chief, Harleyman,

For what it is worth, I have a few prayers I can spare for you both.

OBIO

Navy Chief
August 3rd, 2009, 15:24
They say that the number one cause of divorce/marriage problems is finances. And with the current financial crisis, lots and lots and lots of marriages are "under fire". Luckily, my wife and I are used to being poor, so we are doing just fine with $4.18 in the bank and 11 days to go before we get more money. Deb and I just got done playing some Wii bowling, she is taking a shower right now, and once she gets dressed and primped (which will take about an hour), I am going to help her walk down to the pond...she hasn,'t been down to it since before her brain surgery last August. This walk will be her longest walk without a walker to date...so it will be a mile stone of sorts.

Navy Chief, Harleyman,

For what it is worth, I have a few prayers I can spare for you both.

OBIO

Thanks Obio. My problems seem miniscule to what you are dealing with. Pete

cheezyflier
August 3rd, 2009, 15:54
guys, bachelorhood ain't so bad.

now when you have gas, you don't have to hold it in anymore.
you can eat pizza for breakfast and no one will get on your case about it.
you can use the bathroom anytime you want, no waiting.
and none of that nonsense in your medicine cabnet either. just a razor, some deodorant, and what ever meds you might have.
have all the beer you like, no one to give you "the look"
no more putting up with inlaws you can't stand. no more lending them money or tools that you'll never see again.

just offering a bright side. hope it helps.

Dave239
August 3rd, 2009, 16:12
Navy Chief:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
After your divorce take some time for yourself and maybe put a little distance between you and your ex-wife. I found usually after the divorce no matter how nice it appears to be issues will arise. Once your ex-wife regroups, rethinks and reality sets in on what just happened it may present a problem. It’s best to be prepared for the unexpected.

Becky

Navy Chief
August 3rd, 2009, 18:17
Navy Chief:
<o:p></o:p>
After your divorce take some time for yourself and maybe put a little distance between you and your ex-wife. I found usually after the divorce no matter how nice it appears to be issues will arise. Once your ex-wife regroups, rethinks and reality sets in on what just happened it may present a problem. It’s best to be prepared for the unexpected.

Becky

Thanks for the advice, Becky. I plan on doing some camping (of course, taking along my Rottweiler, "Chief"!).

As for other things like having some beer, and cold pizza? Yep, planning on that too!

NC

lifejogger
August 3rd, 2009, 19:06
Gosh I think I have been married my whole life, can't remember when I was a bachelor. Sorry to hear about the divorce even if it is a friendly one it has to be hard.

Willy
August 3rd, 2009, 20:02
I'm sorry to hear it NC. I went through one of those "friendly" divorces back about 12 years ago. She wanted out and I kept my peace so long as she left my Navy retirement check and my truck alone and didn't get crazy on child support. It worked out pretty good in the end. I still hear about her via the kids once in a while, but I sure don't miss her.

Hang in there shipmate, we're rooting for ya.

Piglet
August 3rd, 2009, 22:14
If it floats, flies, or *&^%ks, dont buy when you can rent!:ernae:

demorier
August 4th, 2009, 00:47
NC you will be able to leave the toilet seat up as well.

TomSteber
August 4th, 2009, 02:38
Been there, done that. I feel for you Chief. I hope I never go through it again. Of course, I never had the "nice divorce". Still gotta go through the feelings though. I'll keep you in prayer too.
The good thing is that you KNOW you'll get to the other side eventually.
Good luck.

hey_moe
August 4th, 2009, 02:39
NC, sorry to hear something like this concerning you. If it cost as much to marry as to divorce, it might not be so many...lol.I'm not in your boat. Linda and I have a firm marriage...hope all goes well for ya...how do they say it "It ain't over till the fat lady sings"

mariereid
August 4th, 2009, 03:36
Hi Chief; This is my second time around. I Was a single parent for about 10 yrs (6 to 16, daughter). After that I had about 5 years by myself, which I really enjoyed. I had 2 dogs and 2 cats, and all was great. For some reason a beautiful woman 17 yrs younger than me, took a liking to me. (I think it was the dogs). I am married to her and very happy. So, if it's what you want, there are plenty of ladies out there. Being alone is not that bad either, thank God for dogs. I sure miss mine, they're both gone now. Hang in there ........Rick

Lewis-A2A
August 4th, 2009, 03:50
Bad news matey, unfortuatly my Girlfriend left me last night too, so I'm stuck now looking for somewere to live and spent last night being sick,... wonderful these women folk 'hey :monkies:

Navy Chief
August 4th, 2009, 05:07
I am not exactly looking forward to living alone, but I do have my rottweiler, and three cats...

NC

Snuffy
August 4th, 2009, 05:10
So does that mean that the garage apartment is up for rent? :kilroy:

GT182
August 4th, 2009, 05:25
Been there once and it could happen again. Not a great thought but s.hit happens. There's always someone in worse shape than going thru a divorce..... don't ever forget that. It feels like the worst thing in the world that can happen... but it ain't.

And there's always someone you'll meet later on and hit it off with.
There is better out there.... somewhere.

Chief, you are lucky it's "friendly".

Lewis you are very lucky you were not married. ;)

Chacha
August 4th, 2009, 06:02
Welcome to the CLUB, Navy Chief,

You will see the BIG difference, and you will have a lot of fun being alone again! But bear in mind, you are not really alone....

Eli

mariereid
August 4th, 2009, 06:44
Chief, when(if) you start looking for a lady again, be careful. I think I married one of those cat ladies, there are 7 f'ing felines in my house, that I know of.
Cha Cha, my first wife was a proud black woman, boy, your girl sure looks like my grand daughter. Thanks again, for all you did for us!
Jeez, when I was a kid many moons ago, people hardly ever split up. Now it seems everyone has been married a couple of times. Your sure not alone Chief, for gosh sake, enjoy yourself as much as possible, and d'ont rush into anything!

Navy Chief
August 4th, 2009, 11:03
So does that mean that the garage apartment is up for rent? :kilroy:

My father in law will still be living there, but starting in Sept, he will have to pay me $200 a month. I have not charged him a penny until now. But I have not been able to pay anything but the interest on the equity loan I took out to build his apartment. Even at $200 a month, he is getting a deal, and he knows it. I don't know how long he'll stay here though. We get along ok, but he's used to my wife catering to his beck and call. And I don't. He's 87, but still very active; drives, etc.......

NC

Navy Chief
August 4th, 2009, 11:05
Welcome to the CLUB, Navy Chief,

You will see the BIG difference, and you will have a lot of fun being alone again! But bear in mind, you are not really alone....

Eli

Chacha, I appreciate your kind words. I have never been comfortable with being alone. I guess there's a first time for everything.

NC

srgalahad
August 4th, 2009, 14:02
Chief,
I went thru one of the "friendly " ones (well 90% anyway)
She even called a few months later and asked if I'd changed my mind and wanted some of the furniture I left her.
We both remarried eventually (I did the photos for their wedding), she had a couple of kids and they asked us to be god-parents to both of them. So it CAN be good...

On the other hand, yep, there'll be some lonely days but you have friends here -- and if you ever miss the nagging, well, we can look after that too:icon_lol:

Rob

Navy Chief
August 4th, 2009, 14:46
On the other hand, yep, there'll be some lonely days but you have friends here -- and if you ever miss the nagging, well, we can look after that too:icon_lol: Rob

Such a comfort, and I am not being sarcastic either!

NC

Crusader
August 4th, 2009, 14:47
Chief , as you can see , divorce is at a astronomical pace now adays here in the states . Yes , I also belong to the club as do many of our members here . Divorced 17 years ago (92) and lived the single life for about 3 years and really didn't care for it as much as I thought I would . I met my present wife in 95 and we have been together ever since . Important to note that we have only been married the last 2 years . A fact that I am not real proud of but she new I was really gun shy when it came to marriage yet she stuck by me through thick and thin . I lost my parents(mom in 2005 , dad in 2007) and these heart wrenching life experiences change me forever . She has been by my side through thick and thin . My first wife and I have always talked throughout the years(we have a (40 y/o son) so we have remained pretty civil . I didn't admit it way back but I now tell her that I share about 90% of the blame and (The big D) should never have happened . I am blessed with a wonder wife now . Out marriage is sure as hell not perfect but I prefer it over single life although I did tolerate it and adapted fairly well . Hang in there and ENJOY single life . Maybe one of these days you might meet a person that will fullfill your life . Bottom Line : Be happy !

Rich:icon29:
(Retired USMC/AF Reserves , Civilian: Registered Respiratory Therapist-RRT)
Currently : Professional Flight Simmer and part time vacationer

Wife: A registered nurse(RN)for approx. 25 years . Guys(single & looking)consider hooking up with nurse . Very helpfull when your retired and old like me .:icon_lol:

CADFather
August 4th, 2009, 16:44
Chief,
Give me a shout I'm just down the road from you, barely 15 minutes from Chattanooga, we'll go grab a beer or three. I went through the Divorce thing as well many moons ago.
CAD

Navy Chief
August 4th, 2009, 17:52
Chief,
Give me a shout I'm just down the road from you, barely 15 minutes from Chattanooga, we'll go grab a beer or three. I went through the Divorce thing as well many moons ago.
CAD

I will, thanks! I am about 1 3/4 hour's drive from either Chattanooga or Knoxville. I'm about 50 minutes from Murphy, NC, and 30 minutes from Blue Ridge, GA.

NC

safn1949
August 5th, 2009, 06:27
I got married for the first.....and last time at 47,lasted 3 years.So you can see that I am used to being alone.I haven't seen the ex since the divorce and have no idea what she is doing.

Hang in there Chief,your dog will never leave or stop loving you,it's a long story but that's the only thing I miss is that old mutt of mine.:USA-flag:

Odie
August 5th, 2009, 06:58
Chief, hope everything will work out for you in the long run...