PDA

View Full Version : Heys guys>> where your money is going

hey_moe
August 1st, 2009, 03:17
Members: I need for some in here to understand something here. The money we collect for a gift has nothing to do with SOH. It is just something I felt nice to do to another human.Nobody in here has ever be obligated to pay or support anything in here. A thank you for all you do and a get well thank you is something that I to do once in a while. I haven't been a member in here that long. But I did notice we never had contest for donated money and we never had a fund raiser for anything other than bandwidth and server up keep, replacement ect..ect. I have found out in life that it is nice to receive a gift for hard work and special things you do for other people...not everyone feels this way...that just my feelings on the subject. Ickie or matter of fact any other member has never once asked me to help them out in the money area. But if they did I am pretty sure we could come together as one. When we have a gift donation...if we run short I usually pick up the balance as long as it don't kill me..lol. If any member would like to see a bank statement or my Palpal account for the gift donation I will be more than happy to post it for you. I don't have nothing to hide and you have a right to see where your money went too. If anyone would like to take this over I don't have a problem with that part either.Part two of this is some of you guys know me and I don't like to buy used or second hand. Everything I buy .. I buy brand new because I want some type of a warranty. I have had bad luck in the past....plus if there is a failure on something used it usually end up with bad feelings. If you feel that your donation is used for personal gain or for something else other than SOH...Please do me a favor and don't donate...it is better that way.Sometimes we fuss at each other in here and things go the wrong direction...but all in all we have a good membership in here and I would like to keep it that way.The money isn't worth losing your trust and membership...Mike

Helldiver
August 1st, 2009, 03:27
You're all right with me Mike and if I could afford more money, I'd gladly give it. We all trust your decisions.

bushpilot
August 1st, 2009, 04:03
You know...this was actually the first time I've given money to someone I don't know personally, but I have no doubts about it.

Also donated to SOH, because I've enjoyed my stay in here, one of the nicest web-communities I've ever bumped into. Now where's my Charter medal LOLhttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon12.gif:medals:

Snuffy
August 1st, 2009, 04:26
If Mike is being accused of some underhanded scheme, I just have to say, Some people just have no class ... :kilroy:

(BTW Mike ... use paragraphs ... that was one hard piece of writing to read ... LOL! )

txnetcop
August 1st, 2009, 04:45
Members: I need for some in here to understand something here. The money we collect for a gift has nothing to do with SOH. It is just something I felt nice to do to another human.Nobody in here has ever be obligated to pay or support anything in here. A thank you for all you do and a get well thank you is something that I to do once in a while. I haven't been a member in here that long. But I did notice we never had contest for donated money and we never had a fund raiser for anything other than bandwidth and server up keep, replacement ect..ect. I have found out in life that it is nice to receive a gift for hard work and special things you do for other people...not everyone feels this way...that just my feelings on the subject. Ickie or matter of fact any other member has never once asked me to help them out in the money area. But if they did I am pretty sure we could come together as one. When we have a gift donation...if we run short I usually pick up the balance as long as it don't kill me..lol. If any member would like to see a bank statement or my Palpal account for the gift donation I will be more than happy to post it for you. I don't have nothing to hide and you have a right to see where your money went too. If anyone would like to take this over I don't have a problem with that part either.Part two of this is some of you guys know me and I don't like to buy used or second hand. Everything I buy .. I buy brand new because I want some type of a warranty. I have had bad luck in the past....plus if there is a failure on something used it usually end up with bad feelings. If you feel that your donation is used for personal gain or for something else other than SOH...Please do me a favor and don't donate...it is better that way.Sometimes we fuss at each other in here and things go the wrong direction...but all in all we have a good membership in here and I would like to keep it that way.The money isn't worth losing your trust and membership...Mike

Mike I doubt if anyone in here would question your integrity. You have always been upfront with what is happening in here and what is needed. I would imagine like most people these days we don't have a lot of money to spread around. I'm sure there are others in the same pickle I am in. At our age we have financial obligations to the medical community, an ex or two, kids and their kids, and whatever our real passion swings to...in my case, helping the disadvantaged kids that don't have computers at home. However everyone should give something to this forum. IT IS UNCONSCIONABLE TO COME IN HERE AND TAKE ALL THE TIME WITHOUT GIVING BACK WHEN IT IS NEEDED. All of us at one time or another needed info or planes this forum has provided. It is only fair to give back.

I hope that people see the good that is accomplished in here. Hey Moe, Panther and the other staff can't do it all financially. I know how they hate asking for money, but it takes money to maintain a great forum and keep it secure. Assuming we haven't run most of our developers off with our stupid nit picking or rivet counting on aircraft and scenery, we have direct access to developers in here! How cool is that?

We have the best staff any forum could ask for. I have visited other forums where rude behavior and abusive language is tolerated and some forums are down-right hostile when someone new asks a question. People can get answers here and real help when in trouble.

We are a brotherhood of sorts and have a great common interest in spite of our various religions, if any, and political persuasions. Please don't stop doing what you do, Mike. You admins are indispensable and we would be at a great loss without guys like Ickie and Canelo Kid. Keep the home fires burning guys.

By the way thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, Mike.
Ted

TeaSea
August 1st, 2009, 05:57
My money goes to home improvement and two kids in college.

However, I have a check here for Ron which I will mail to him as soon as he's back at home (unless one of you other admin guys will take it -- please PM). I am one of those guilty users, willingly confessed, who has used and loved the forum but not contributed to it's upkeep. The reason, I will not use Pay Pal. I know that's SOH's primary method of donation, but I have serious problems with them.

Hence the check....(or money order).

OBIO
August 1st, 2009, 07:42
Hey_Moe

Unfortunately, I am unable to chip in for Ickie's laptop and monitor....wish I could, but my wife's MRIs next month come first...and with no insurance, every penny I can hold onto is going toward that. But, if I could chip in, I would do so without hesitation and without fear that the money I send would be used for personal gain. I have full confidence in the staff on this site, and especially in you Moe. I don't know you, have never met you...but I trust you totally. You have been nothing but upfront and honest with us. I have given in the past, and done so without hesitation or worry. I tried selling one of my internal organs, but after all those folks up in Jersey were arrested for money laundering and dealing in human organs....it's hard finding someone willing to shell out the green for a low mileage kidney.

Ickie is the heart of this site, the muscle that keeps it alive. That has been said time and time again. But what has not been said, is that you, Moe, are the soul of this site.....giving it that extra something that makes it that much more comfortable to hang out in. Thanks for all that you do for the site, for the community, and for Ickie.

OBIO

cheezyflier
August 1st, 2009, 07:52
However everyone should give something to this forum. IT IS UNCONSCIONABLE TO COME IN HERE AND TAKE ALL THE TIME WITHOUT GIVING BACK WHEN IT IS NEEDED. All of us at one time or another needed info or planes this forum has provided. It is only fair to give back.

:medals::icon29::applause::ernae:
thank you for saying that
that is soooo important, i think. i know there may not be too many youngins here, but many aren't taught that concept anymore. my stepkids were completely ignorant of that concept until i joined the family. that is a concept that is universal, and should be shouted from the rooftops and taught to every one

mariereid
August 1st, 2009, 08:34
Guys; We all know everyone cannot give to this cause. Times are tough, money is tight. I am lucky enough to be able to send a donation now and then. I have not done any great addons and I'm pretty sure I would not have any skills to help the site out. I have spent many hours at SOH and downloaded a lot of first class work. Guys here have taken time to answer my questions and email me great information and aircraft etc. Ickie has even helped me out. The reason I like to donate to this site is to say " thanks authors, thanks staff, thanks guys"

cheezyflier
August 1st, 2009, 08:55
even i have to ask, because right now the wife is the one who brings home the bacon. when i do donate, it isn't much. there is more than one way to contribute though.
help a noob or someone who is having troubles with something. post some aviation knowledge you might have, that others may not. maybe the location to a particularly sweet download. post something funny/interesting/newsworthy.

Chacha
August 1st, 2009, 20:53
Hey_Moe

Ickie is the heart of this site, the muscle that keeps it alive. That has been said time and time again. But what has not been said, is that you, Moe, are the soul of this site.....giving it that extra something that makes it that much more comfortable to hang out in. Thanks for all that you do for the site, for the community, and for Ickie.

OBIO

Very well said.... :medals: :medals: :medals: For Ron and Mike and all SOH Admins...

Eli :running:

Pepere
August 2nd, 2009, 01:37
Whenever you guys have ask - it has never crosses my mind that the money is not used as requested?? And in my view spent for the right things.

My $.02! :wavey:

David