PDA

View Full Version : Question for Users of CH Yoke

LTCSZ
July 31st, 2009, 08:02
I am considering the purchase of the CH Flight Sim Yoke, but have a question; Does the rod connected to the yoke extend out the back of the housing or is it totally contained within the housing?...This will matter to me as my desk is shaped differently; The rod would hit the back of the lower shelf of the desk...Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

Wh61
July 31st, 2009, 08:10
I am considering the purchase of the CH Flight Sim Yoke, but have a question; Does the rod connected to the yoke extend out the back of the housing or is it totally contained within the housing?...This will matter to me as my desk is shaped differently; The rod would hit the back of the lower shelf of the desk...Thanks,

Steve in Kansas

Steve,the rod extends out the back of the Yoke.

dswo
July 31st, 2009, 08:27
I have a CH yoke, USB but not Eclipse. (I.e., the only one that CH has been selling for several years, prior to the Eclipse.) The rod protrudes beyond the back by a little more than three inches.

Dangerous Beans
July 31st, 2009, 09:18
My advise is get the Saitek instead of the CH.

I have both and the CH was the biggest waste of money I ever spent on FS. A plastic shaft running though plastic bushes is a real bad idea.
It was OK at first but within two months the shaft started to wear and warp and it became very notchy. It now lives in its box under the bed.
BTW if anyone here lives in the London area and can collect it your welcome to it free of charge.

The Saitek on the other hand has a chrome steel shaft and is as smooth as silk, also the shaft dousnt stick out the back. The throttle levers have a really long throw that makes fine power ajustment easy unlike the couple of inches throw on the CH ones.

Just my 2 pence worth.

LTCSZ
July 31st, 2009, 09:40
Hummm...Thanks for the good advice...I will look closer at the Saitek...It's a shame there aren't more retailers that carry this stuff so a person could actually see them and get the feel of them...The online retailers are usually pretty good about taking stuff back, but that gets to be a pain and I hate to pay all that return shipping...Again, thanks...

Steve

HighGround22
July 31st, 2009, 10:47
I would enthusiastically second Beans' comments, above! I likewise have both, and similarly, the CH jobbie collects dust in a corner nearby, while my Saitek works perfectly like the day it arrived, a long, long while ago.

There's also the matter of "spring noise" in the CH: I suffered through a lot of "sproing"-ing and "twang"-ing from the thing before my sweet Saitek arrived. Almost every time I pulled back on the yoke, the springs reminded me of their noisy presence. There's none of that in the Saitek.

I also find the programmable switches on the Saitek's throttle quadrant to be very useful, and thoughtfully positioned, and the entire yoke is nice and "beefy" -- it simply feels good in my (admittedly large) hands.

Overall, imho, the Saitek wins any comparison hands down.